Forums > Social Chat > Average of all the people on the board

Login/Join to Participate

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I know I am newly registered to this board, but my boyfriend is not. He and I have both noted how many young people have popped up lately on the board.And I would assume that you guys have covered the topic of how old everyone is. Yeah?What I want to know is what is the "average" age of the board members now that there are a lot of younger poiers present on the board.Got any ideas - anyone?------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey Katinca,(I borrowed your 'cut holes in beanie and feed plaits thru idea'!! Hope you don't mind too much!)I think the average age of people is probably around 18yrs old. Just my guess...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*would be surprised if 18 was the average age of ppl on the BB*Seems as if Malcolm should do a poll... :PCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

693 posts

Posted:
Ohh shucks thanks for the poll *warm fuzzies*-that's ok Flash, keeps your head warm and your plaits out of you face, one of those miracle inventions I guess smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
We all know she wants to be just like you *grin*and dont worry, we gave her enough shit about it to cover you and Josh smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

693 posts

Posted:
Well, the *look* I have to say is not complete yet. I still need my dreads. I just have to have enough courage to turn my long straight blonde/brown hair in to dreadies *gulp* Coz we all know what happens when you don’t want dreads any more – shaved head. AHHHH !!! Then again I guess my hair wont catch on fire then. Hmmmmm.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
MHO says if your hair doesn't dread naturally - why the hell would you do it pretty much. I suggest if you want dreads go and stay in a hippy ruled place for a few months (just watch out for fleas and lice cause apparently once they're in - your dreads need to be basically exorcised (sp?). Also - I know a guy who 'put' dreads in his hair and his scalp just didn't agree with them. He had blotchy red bits on his head and bits started falling out slowly. (no crap). Not saying this will happen just decided to illustrate another side of the dice.Plus WHAT is wrong with a shaved head?? I developed dreads a year or two ago and had them lopped (to short hair) and I received comments of how funky it looked and how much better it was cause my face was super highlighted and not framed or hidden by anything. again each to their own I guessgood luck smile[This message has been edited by splat (edited 01 June 2001).]

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I've got long dreads (almost to my bum) and have had them for over ten years.Katinca - go for it!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Kate?!Dreads! how come all the HOPers get to hear about it first??? smileYou havent got the guts winkJosh-dreaded and lovin it.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
At 32, I bet I'm one of the oldest peeps here. ;-) I was rather surprised (and somewhat shocked) to discover that I was by nearly four years the oldest person at the ECSF.I've often considered dreads myself, because my hair (fairly long) nearly winds up that way anyways after a day on the motorcycle. Giving in to entropy isn't necessarily a bad thing, is it?-p.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe smileI'd prefer to think of it as embracing entropy...there is a little more work to Dreads than most non-dreaded ppl think...depending on how neat you want them - and what you are prepared to do...There have been several threads on Dreads...Josh

693 posts

Posted:
Well [Josh]If I had a lovely girlfriend who helped me maintain my dreads, just like you do wink. I would probably consider getting them even more.Then again maybe not, still deciding smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well Katinca,If my beautiful girlfriend asked me to maintain her dreads in the same way she does mine, I'd definitely do it! Its a hell of a lot easier to maintain someone else's dreads than it is to do your own smilePerhaps you should ask your bf if he would be prepared to help you out? You never know, he might not mind at all...in fact, he might even like the fact that he can repay you for all the things you do for him winkJosh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lmao.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Agreed Josh, my bf plays with mine a lot - actually a lot of people play with my dreads. shocked It's part and parcel of having them I think. smile My first set of dreads were a mess, then after having to start them again, I made sure I look after them a lot better, and they're a lot neater.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
::gloat::I was right about the average age of people to this BB. I'm just so damned insightful and perceptive! wink/gloat.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?