Page:
SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I want to get a 4 flowlight set up, flowlight heads and handles

My only qualm is that I don't plan on having cases on the handles as the cases would make them quite bulky (as far as handles are concerned) but I don't want them to just shatter if dropped so I want to know if anyone thinks this will happen

I am told the newer flowlights are quite durable, but I am admittedly skeptical.

Also, can anyone give me an exact weight of the flowlights with crystal cases and flowmass? I've been told you end up sacrificing brightness and brilliance for an unimpressive increase in weight

I really just don't want to drop a hundred bucks and end up dissatisfied

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
So I've decided to invest in the Flowpoi Trio rig after payday in a few weeks, anyone know how this long of a tubing hold up and how it performs?

Dunno why I'm so intrigued by it (getting the rig w/o lights since all flowpoi rigs empty are $40 and will fill it with what I have plus some extras on the side) but any stories or personal reviews would be great!

I'm going for it regardless because I want my LED sensations to be different from my other poi and explore possibilities and stylings that are different from anything I have. grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I am worried about my flowlights, cases, and mass getting damaged from the heat. Like leaving my poi in the car when its 90 degrees F outside. Will the heat and sun damage any flowlight gear??

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

787 posts

Posted:
Smurf, extreme heat or cold plus batteries or circuitry are not a good combination. I would not leave them in there for extended periods or if you must put them in the trunk to avoid the greenhouse effect in the car's passenger area.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Trunk is a good idea. I decided not to bring my poi with me at all today.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
get this https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=119
with the 4.5L handle => 59.5", 152 cm (~5') + wood core and grip for $15 and then purchase for a double flowmass for $20 then instead of a $20 poi converter, just buy the top cover for the poi converter without the cord and handle for only $5 each but you must buy two of those... all in all i think it's $90... you get a flow poi trio rig + flowstaff rig!

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

787 posts

Posted:
^^^

You're a flowtoys mathematician! But I got away for less with the empty rig wink I don't know how a club would react to the staff, but it would be hilarious to see the reactions of the bystanders who fear those of us swinging glowy things! laugh3

~Rock on!~

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
you dont want to practice with the flowlights in the case they can still be broken but fortunately for me i got them from home of poi and i am awaiting a replacement as of now smile

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Unless you have double mass or a flowpoi case. In which case they become damage sponges.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
really? how much did you get? was it all with the staff converter and clubs converter?

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

787 posts

Posted:
All I needed was the empty rig so I only spent $40 have you clicked on the rigs without lights tab on their site? Lots of good stuff as long as you already have your lights! grin

~Rock on!~

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
yah i did! yah $40 if only for the flowpoi trio rig... alright! thanks for the info...

787 posts

Posted:
Ok as for durability I think you must be careful with the Trio for anyone looking into upgrading. There is about 4 inches of slack room at the top and the flowlights can come apart on impact and get jolted about within the tube if this happens. Note they're really huge and take some getting use to.

Here's mine used as hooks for dance and then a transfer into swinging them, look at that CAP towards the end! *using Earth, Love, and Air*

If anything had a chance of seriously malfunctioning within the case, the amount of slack on these require extra care. None the less I love these beasts! tongue2

~Rock on!~

sean_flowtoysBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
Hi All,
sean from flowtoys here,
just thought I'd chime in and say yes, our warranty covers all our products no matter where you get them.
UV exposure breaks down plastics, so I wouldn't leave them in the sun or on your dashboard, but they can take any heat your car can take, the batteries however, will be degraded a bit by heat, and in extreme cold they simply can't put out much power, no damage though.
regarding the extra space in the flowpoi trio, or clubpoi: as long as you click your lights in to your caps they should al stay together nicely unless the cases are damaged where they connect, the space is to fit a connector so you can make them into a staff smile

find your flow...

Page: