Forums > Meet Others > Anyone in the Canvey/Southend area?

Login/Join to Participate

sheltatha.lorestranger
5 posts

Posted:
I just moved from Canada over to Canvey Island & am wondering if there are any folks in the area who'd like to meet up for a spin. I've been playing with poi for a bit, though I'm not great, and have just started with the hoop which is better suited to my tiny flat. wink I think I am in withdrawal from missing my weekly circus-in-the-park nights back home, so I'd love to meet any like-minded people who are around these parts.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm not that way but I do think you must read Stephen Eriksson wink

I know the Spinning @ crew meet on Tuesdays I think, in London hug

[Old link]

This is the Thread It's "Spinning @" in the gatherings forum

hope any of that helped.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sheltatha.lorestranger
5 posts

Posted:
Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

And I'm delighted you recognized the Stephen Eriksson reference, that's fantastic. wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
laugh3 I read far too much hug if you go say hi to everyone for me and polish chris's shiney head wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sheltatha.lorestranger
5 posts

Posted:
Read too much? Nonsense! I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

I'll have to check out this Spinning@, maybe next week... Very exciting! Too bad you're not in the area, people who like circusthings & have good taste in books are people I like to have around. :-)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm only down the M3 at Southampton, I'm popping up saturday 28/11 to see perdy and will try and make it to spinning @ soon to chat & to promote the Southern Lights festival next June which by the way you would love wink workshops, shows and fun for all laugh3

sheltatha.lorestranger
5 posts

Posted:
Sounds great! Let me know when you're making the trip in to Spinning@ and maybe I can overcome my fear of large crowds of strangers knowing there will be at least one friendly face. :-)

And that festival sounds really neat as well. Whereabouts will it me? Tell me more!