Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground 09 - SOLD OUT!!! (not kidding!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hey Everyone!

well I thought I would start a thread for the upcoming CG.

All we have locked in for now is the date;

Friday to Monday, 2nd to the 5th October.

www.common-ground.net for info,

MMM CG goodness.

***UPDATE***

most of the tickets are now sold.

ALL TICKETS NOW SOLD

Please do not pass on ticketing info to people who have not bought tickets, if you put money in our account and have not confirmed with Kate, then we will send you back the money minus postage.

It looks like this coming CG09 will be the last big CG that Katinca and I organise for a while (perhaps someone else will take up the torch?) - cuz Katinca and I need a bit of time for travel and getting our land in order. However, we have a lot of very special ideas for this CG which will probably make it better than it's ever been before, so if you are still tossing up whether you want to come this year or not, you really should come.

J

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1247812121)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Bear1970
(reminds me of the book Round Ireland with a Fridge lol)

Aaaaah I haven't read that book in ages!

I wonder if he still laments missing SHEEP '97

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FlyntOH! I could bring ALL the cheeses, if I use the letter F, because the french word for Cheese is Fromage!

Please note: dispite my enthusiasm, i will not be bringing ALL the cheeses. My backpack isnt bit enough.

grin

hahaha, I could do the same cause my name starts with the letter C! However I think I'll just bring one which I'll pick up from the adelaide markets on the way to common ground grin

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Yay! You an me are gonna be good friend Geo... grin

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Bear1970SILVER Member
Huggy Tart
233 posts

Posted:
So who's going to play host for the worlds first Cheese and Poi Festival? grin

I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM MAN!!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I've looked into changing my flight and it's proving to be prohibitively costly. I found a really cheap flight to Sydney which is why I can make the trip in the first place and changing my flight will nearly double the price!

I so wish I had checked these dates before I booked my airfare; for some reason I thought CG was in January. So I'm bummed, mostly because it would've been nice to meet you all in person. If you're in Sydney or Melbourne (my two stops on the trip) p.m. me though and perhaps we can meet up anyway!

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
just sent my payment across.. still need to find out what my uni timetable will be like before i can say how long ill be spending there..

see you all then.. or sooner?

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Bear1970So who's going to play host for the worlds first Cheese and Poi Festival? grin

well last CG i brought a st agur, forme d'ambere, d'affinios, a local blue brie, and 2 types of feta...

shall we do a cheese workshop late one afternoon?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
we'll need to make sure we dont get the two 'cheese' workshops confused.. i believe bretts poi workshop may not be ideal for some connoisseurs of fine cheeses..

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
^^^LOL

--

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
few questions,
first, anyone got an idea of what the plane fares are like from England to uhmm... Melbourne?

Second, does the "kids from 14 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult" thing apply to 18 year olds?

Am thinking this could be a decent start to a gap year popping around the globe tongue2
EDITED_BY: Seaspray (1247183009)

Just a dancer in the dark

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
18yr olds are fine by themselves..at least, thats the general rule around australia.. am i right josh?

airfare will be a bit, but varies a lot airline to airline.. try your local travel agent, they help a lot smile

hug

924 posts

Posted:
righty. Question. Can anyone help me think of steriotypically touristy (or not) things to do in Australia?

Wanna see if I can get looaads of interesting things done while I'm out there tongue2

And also how are festival tickets bought?

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
The details for buying the tickets are in the OP.

The other question is a little trickier to answer. It depends on how long you're wanting to stick around. The Great Ocean Road is a fairly big attraction in Victoria. The Grampians are also very nice, they are just inside Victoria, but right on the border between Vic and SA (The festival is in SA)

hug

924 posts

Posted:
awesome, thanks smile

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
If you're going to go the Great Ocean road I'll be glad to give you the places I quite like that others might not know so well. smile

hug

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
yep - 18yr olds are adults, and as such take responsibility for their own actions! smile

--

924 posts

Posted:
mm... suspecting I need to take responsibility for the fact I have good ideas far too soon to when I want to do them. Better budgeting skills too tongue2 Live to Learn

Thinking that this year may not work. Fully intend to come over and visit and hopefully visit some form of Common Ground at a later date though smile

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
G'day lovely Adelaide people!

My name is Cat, and I am from Dallas, Texas (sorry). I was in Perth for 6.5 months in 2007 and fell in love with Australia. I'm coming back this year and hope to stop by Common Ground before continuing on to Perth.

And I hate to sound needy, but... is there anyone willing to trade shiney things and hugs for a ride to and from the airport and/or a place to stay during any extra nights I have to/ want to stay in Adelaide?

I'm small and don't take up much space! tongue2

Thanks heaps!
~Cat

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Eccentricat, would you be the Cat who was at Spunout doing the very cool artisticness?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Heya Ben!
Yup, that would be me!

grin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
yah same one Ben.

Flynt save hugs for me

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Ohh what? Gnor is coming?

*Groans loudly*

*Grins cheekily*

hug

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Cat your most welcome to stay at our place smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Gnor
Flynt save hugs for me

*looks at all the suitcases of hugs behind her marked "FOR GNOR, DO NOT OPEN UNTIL COMMON GROUND".... *

ahem,
I don't think there will be any shortage...

grin

Currently on the right side up of the world.

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Seasprayfew questions,
first, anyone got an idea of what the plane fares are like from England to uhmm... Melbourne?

hey, my other half has just bought a ticket to melbourne and travel insurance from STA for about £700. We're also planning on driving the ocean road to adelaide so might bump onto you enroute!

crazy

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Starts to get excited about hugging ppl.....
MNS....noice*hugs*
will meet old peeps to hug and maybe meet new peeps to hug
will pack henna and hair stuffage.....

maybe will try to meet ppl who perhaps I dont have their heads clasped in a capoeriera clamp.....
"Hi Im gNor"
" Hi Im Stu"

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
laugh3 nice one, Gnor.

Though it would have been "Stuart" unless it was caught off by a knee to the throat of course, which would have been entirely possible from there!

Edit: Oho! I'll be in the playspace for a lot of the time. If I'm holding poi feel 100% free to come poi with me!
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1247585741)
EDIT_REASON: Addition.

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im waiting on my uni timetable, to see what day i have to leave on.. i can edit it as of tomorrow, so hopefully ill be able to free up a lot of monday smile

hug
EDITED_BY: pineapple pete (1247647946)

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
woo Gnor!!! smile YAY!!!

We still have the screens for the CG screen printing workshop - so if you are up for it, it'd be cool if you could help with that! smile

J

--

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ooooooh! screen printing again!! grin *note to self: actually pack stuff to screen...not just a random shirt or bit of scrap material* laugh3

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Page: ......