Page:
Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
this is jeff a.k.a. sundance from san antonio just trying to find out where the heck you are and when we talk .you are the biggest insperation i have ever had.
now i would like to get to know my ishi-doshi
a.k.a. teacher just ask any of my (brothers of the flame) and they will tell you i have studied you to a (T) i have mt you 1 time but thats not enouph for me i have seen your video and that just drove me closer to you i have a pulling feeling inside of me to you i cant explain so why try? ive been thunderstruck. yes bye you

[ 03. June 2003, 07:18: Message edited by: Sundance ]

wazzzzzzzzup all im sundance from san antonio i dont know alot of you but i hope to get to know you better on here if your in san antonio write me a i.m. laters.........sundance

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
ummmmmmm.
Crickey

Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Glåss:
ummmmmmm.
Crickey

HUH?

wazzzzzzzzup all im sundance from san antonio i dont know alot of you but i hope to get to know you better on here if your in san antonio write me a i.m. laters.........sundance

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hooray for celebrities!
I am scared that i can understand that post!
blimey.

oh yeah, and sage's twirlin will be sorely missed if she's not in the COL4 vid

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hope i will never get stalkers after col4

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I hope I do.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
theres allways one!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and its always me.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wasnt asking you to own up mate we kinda allready knew that one.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
that is one question i was wondering last week actually..

is sage a member here?

if not, why not?

if she is in the COL vids then she should beon here.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Ok.
What I'm saying is that You are unlikely to find sage here.
and you are highly unlikely to find her like that.

One of her brothers (a friend for whome I have a lot of respect for ) is here and he will read your post.

I don't know how it reads in american... but in english or australian it comes across as
a 14 year old who has fallen in love with a pop star.
or it reads as a celebrity stalker.

hence the stalker comments.
I'm not implying that you are,( although with the anonymity of the internet I'm not implying that you are not, you gotta be a bit careful.)
mearly this is how it reads.

Now chill out and explore the philosophy of poi.
Understood.
Glass

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
There are people i really admire in the poi community which really inspire me. But i feel that you have to respect the fact that they might not want it made common knowledge that you think so much of them. Some people find it awkward and some get embarrassed. If you feel that there is someone you admire for whatever reason you could always send a private message. They might even feel chuffed and give you some tips etc. Be careful.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sir Glass

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
whilst we're on the subject of idolisation and celebrity stalking, does anyone else want to come streaking with me during Anna Kornikova's match at wimbolden this year?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
gee. a guy that spins pooi that has idolized a strong, caring, beautiful woman that spends a lot of time working on her art. that's original. join the club. i used to get weirded out when people looked up to us just cause we spend all our time on our art, now i think it helps people grow, in fact being inspiring is half the reason we do our art. i think i know who you are, brother of the flame, i think we have met, and you don't seem psycho, but i agree with glass, your post seems a just a bit overmuch.
i would say, hey, if you are meant to meet her again, then you will. i believe in fate. it sounds like you need to look up to her to facilitate growth in yourself, so go with it, it has obviously helped you grow so far, so keep practicing and make yourself worthy to catch her attention. there are weekly fire spin jams here in austin at our land, but we are usually too busy (and scared of mosquitos) to attend. but hey many people we know go to them, so you could start there. but know that she has a verrrry cute and successful artist boyfreind, so get over your crush. plus THAT GIRL IS WAY TOO fiery for you, she would burn you to a crisp!
but really she is just a human being trying her best to be a good person, and should not be idolized, merely respected. no she doesn't read these boards, and no, we don't enter COL competitions of our own accord, as i have said, a freind mailed in her winning entry, she was just playing around in a parking lot.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think Glass and 1112 need to move closer to me such that I can stalk them more easily.

My schedule is much too hectic to be flying across the Atlantic just to pick through their garbage and peer through their bedroom windows.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i heard that 1112 stalks himself. vain ego

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
gee. a guy that spins pooi that has idolized a strong, caring, beautiful woman that spends a lot of time working on her art. that's original. join the club. i used to get weirded out when people looked up to us just cause we spend all our time on our art, now i think it helps people grow, in fact being inspiring is half the reason we do our art. i think i know who you are, brother of the flame, i think we have met, and you don't seem psycho, but i agree with glass, your post seems a just a bit overmuch.
i would say, hey, if you are meant to meet her again, then you will. i believe in fate. it sounds like you need to look up to her to facilitate growth in yourself, so go with it, it has obviously helped you grow so far, so keep practicing and make yourself worthy to catch her attention. there are weekly fire spin jams here in austin at our land, but we are usually too busy (and scared of mosquitos) to attend. but hey many people we know go to them, so you could start there. but know that she has a verrrry cute and successful artist boyfreind, so get over your crush. plus THAT GIRL IS WAY TOO fiery for you, she would burn you to a crisp!
but really she is just a human being trying her best to be a good person, and should not be idolized, merely respected. no she doesn't read these boards, and no, we don't enter COL competitions of our own accord, as i have said, a freind mailed in her winning entry, she was just playing around in a parking lot.

ive been to mundi the lemonaid is great

Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
if there is any more talk about stalking im going to erase this thread.or at least try to have it erased.

[ 03. June 2003, 07:25: Message edited by: Sundance ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cheers arahsi

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Sundance:
if there is any more talk about stalking im going to erase this thread.or at least try to have it erased.
I just found this very amusing and I don't know why.

Currently I am stalking PK, arashi and Jo but *puts finger to lips, whispering* shhhhhhhhh, they don't know it is me!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
still wish someone would stalk me.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*ahem*

Ucough! what do you call what i've been doing then?
sheesh
some ppl
they get stalked and its just not good enough for them! BAH!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
UCOF didn't you know I was stalking you? I stole a plane and flew all the way over there and went through your garbage. Then I took pictures of you though your windows. I'm looking at them right now. I also set up video cameras around your place.
Me and Kazeko are going to put them up on a web page for the world to see.

I'm also stalking..... oops I've said to much

*runs away into the evening in plain view*

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I used to look up to PK. But then I got to know him.....

tehehehe

that's the trouble with all these amazing spinners. Once you get passed all the fancy tricks and stuff, they're just regular people.

Personally I don't think that sage is all that sh!t hot. But then I don't particularly like poi.

As far as staff spinning goes Mineiro is amazing. Then you meet him.....

[ 03. June 2003, 12:24: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Guys it might do some good to give the Sundance a break, he's just expressing some love for the one who's inspired him most. I remember a lot of comments made about Sage in some old threads that were WAY more suggestive.

Yeah, this was a little bit out of left field but don't harm the guy's enthusiasm just because he made a public statement. If he had been making personal comments ("sexy, beautiful, want to _____ with _____," etc) or asking for details like a home address, phone number, etc it might be a little more suspicious, but just inquiring as to someone's HoP name isn't really a big deal. I think the stalker jokes might be unintentionally hurting his feelings...

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
warning: another grumpy post from Flynt follows:

You'd think with all the language differences on Home of Poi that we could be alot more understanding than this. Whilst i can appreciate the stalker jokes, and general thread hijacking and malarky that usually follows an declaration of appreciation for another spinner, i think this time several comments have gone too far.

I dont think Sundance is making stalker like comments. I think certain people have been far too agressive, and yes, I can understand you maybe think you are looking out for one of "our own" but back off! Give the guy a chance!

HoP is too lovely a place to have things like this in it, really. If you want to post something that is cutting, ask yourself first, do i understand where this person is coming from? am i taking all the language differences into account? (and before any smart arses point out that he's from america, i did notice, and dont think LOCATION has anything to do with language), and do i really need to bring this person down just for the sake of my own amusement?

Basically, if its not nice, and its not neccesary, dont say it.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I was going to post something longer but I see Dio has allready expressed my opinion.
I do not know Sundance and have no particular opinion abotu his admiration for sage but unless I have missed some bits in teh posts i was not overly chocked by his comments I just found it actually quite sweet. And I too have read other comments by other people that were actually much more tasteless and vulgar and sounded even slghtly .... weird and noone said anythign.

I hope you can meet up with sage again one day Sundance if this is what you wish i also hope that you meet up with many more spinners too because there are so many sources of inspiration in this world , havign been travelling around the world and meeting with so many different dancers, I can guarantee you that it is worth looking around

that being said, all those sarcastic comments were not meant in a mean way i am sure since they come from people I love and respect... they just cannot help it ... Brits people are born with a can full of sarcasm in the hand

shine on
let inspiration come from all around and also from within
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i hope that everyone else thinks this is as funny as me sundance is a friend of ours and hopefully appreciates the warped sense of humour we all have
don't know if my post read well or the way i meant it but it's all good, at least by me. homey is down, and yeah, sage is "fine". hell she likes to have people inspired by her, i said that though. been dancin to hip hop all night and my booty is toasty! (not to mention all the vodka)
for ****'s sake let's just throw down some fire on tuesday and all these silly words won't mean squat, burned away by the moment of fiery plasmic intervention. nuff said. peace

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
and as it seems the jokes about sage earlier, whether mine or not, have struck people's memories, i just want to say that i love sage more than is possibly able to be expressed in words and any jokes about her very nice butt were meant in the most fun way possible

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by C@ntus:

As far as staff spinning goes Mineiro is amazing. Then you meet him.....

and .

i'll get you at glastonbury boyo

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Page: