Forums > Social Discussion > HoP moderation - opinions please

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
This is not a place to bitch about or praise the current moderators! What we would like to know is your thoughts on the amount of moderation and how visible you prefer your mods to be.

Currently, we think the Community forum is ticking along fairly nicely with no great visible presence (i.e. posting) by the majority of us Mods and Admin types. However, when something happens that requires Mod/Admin presence we get alerted and it gets actioned as we are all 'lurking' in the background. But some recent comments suggest perhaps that this style doesn't suit everyone. Some people would prefer to see the Mods/Admins visibly present by posting more frequently. And then others perhaps feel that they don't want to see this as it looks like 'Big Brother is Watching' perhaps.

It's a little like the police - do you prefer to see the cops out pounding the beat being seen on the street to give you a sense of security, or do you prefer not to see them at all until you need them so you have a greater feeling of freedom?

Now's you chance to have a say on this important subject. Feel free to vote and add any comments you feel are relevant beyond the vote but please DO NOT use this thread to single out any particular Mods/Admins for specific comment. If you do wish to comment about an individual Mod/Admin, as with any complaints or praise about/for individuals they should be directed to the management in private - so e-mail or PM Malcolm in this case.

Thanks
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Page: