Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Leeds Juggling Convestival, dec 8th '07

Login/Join to Participate

SeanfromLeedsBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hi peeps, you are cordially invited to attend this years extravaganza in gods own county.

Saturday Dec 8th 1 day juggling convestival.

Held at the Leeds University Sports Centre from 10am with an Evening show in the Riley Smith Theatre (on Campus).

The last 2 years have been well attended with people turning up from the length and breadth of the country.

The usual stuff, practice space, workshops, games, traders (Beard and Butterfingers), Doughnuts and the show.

The website (due to be updated very shortly from it's current level of ineptness)

www.juggler.net/leeds

see also

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2444788349

Leeds is pretty easy to get to, there is a free bus service from the Train station to the Uni (but it isn't to long a walk)

Crash space is being organised by the Leeds Uni Jugglers who can be reached via facebook (kids eh?)

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2667220215

But if your semi luditical try leeds.jugglers@gmail.com

Cost TBC but somewhere around the £6-7 mark with reductions for under 14's. Show only tickets also available.

05 Show video

If anybody's up for doing workshops or has a workshop request please get in touch or get your name up on the board on the day.

Hope to see you there

Seán

EDITED_BY: SeanfromLeeds (1195772284)

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: SeanfromLeeds

Hi peeps, you are cordially invited to attend this years extravaganza in gods own county.

What? You've moved to Lancashire for the day?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
okays!

Maybessssss I will be there!

Tharrrrr!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hope you make it down, it's always a pleasure Meg. I'd like to see how your making out with the bobbin on a string.
I think theres about 7 people making there way down from Edinburgh. (students and Canadians as best as I can figure)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I will probably be there, is there car parking?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
damn those three bobbin low canadians... biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

Big car park right next to the venue, you might need to get through the barriers onto campus, but that's never been a problem for me when I've driven to Leeds jugcon before, just press the intercom button..

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

stranger
12 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

Written by: pricklyleaf

Big car park right next to the venue, you might need to get through the barriers onto campus, but that's never been a problem for me when I've driven to Leeds jugcon before, just press the intercom button..

I come in via the Parkinson building entry (BIGFOFF building, probably where the uni directions send you (or some signage put up by Leeds jugglers when you get near)) That seems to be always open. follow road round till you see the sports centre free parking. or just use the free visitor parking (same entry) further from the sports centre but closer to the show venue... choices eh.

https://tldynamic.leeds.ac.uk/campusmap/carparks.htm
not as daunting as this in real life honest. my entrance = main entrance and visitor car parks east, I believe that's the one most rd. signs lead you to. The one Pink Nigel mentions is the south entrance (I believe).

some more mappage and directions.
https://tldynamic.leeds.ac.uk/campusmap/index.asp

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
i will be there, i'm from Bradford (bout 20 mins on the train) and will have a spare room should anyone need to crash.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
well i best mark myself down, as long as i get paid from work i will def be there, altho mite be a little worse for wear seeing as i finish work at 6am that day

be good to see u there toobie :P

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
hehehehe! i will probably be there with some people from the bradford twirl soc, pm me simta, and i can arrange to meet up?

be nice to see you too tongue

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Problems with contracts means no gig in Switzerland for me on the 7th.

Sooo... it looks like I'll be at Leeds.

Workshops are a possibility, as is a performance of some kind if desired. Silliness and fun will definitely be on the menu.

biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I reckon it's a good idea to go to tribe of fundango in nottingham immediately after this. It's on the way back. Well not for me, but for someone else probably.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if I'm going to come or not. I'm still trying to recover from a burn out! (plus I want to get a christmas tree and see my parents and stuff.)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson