Forums > Social Discussion > Is Intelligent Design a Theory or a Critique?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Is Intelligent Design a Theory or a Critique?

Can anyone please direct me towards a theory of intelligent design the dose not involve the disregarding of evolution. I'm am very interested in the subject but for the life of me I cant find any theory’s on intelligent design that stand up on there own without bringing into the discussion on how other theory’s are wrong.

What I am looking for is a theory that stands up on its own without the need to discredit other theory’s so I can make my own mind up.

(I am not a believer of intelligent design but am very disappointed in all the information I have found on it how can they even consider being taken seriously if they don’t have a theory that stand up on its own)

or am I mistaken and intelligent design is not a theory (as many would have you believe) and it is just a critique of other theory’s of how live came into being and how we have the diversity we see today.

I don’t want a discussion on intelligent design V evolution [Old link]

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Page: