zamiriiBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Wo what does everyone use to cover the wicks on your staff when traveling or practicing unlit?

I've started using the neoprene beer bottle covers with the zippers on them. what's nice is that they come in all sorts of neon colors too, although the ones i'm using advertise Corona Beer in a tropical setting (they were on sale go figure!)

Every Day I add another name to the list of people who piss me off

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I use these

ubbangel

_Adam_GOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
A sock held on by a velcro strap. It seems to do the trick nicely.

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
A sock tied on via elastic bands.

Simply but effective.
Not to good if your drop it on concrete though... but then again, what schmuck drops their staff? wink

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i got socks that are covered with yellow duct tape. bunch up the extra material on the top and tape it nice and good and er set even on concrete....but like you say....what dope would drop theire staff?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Well I'm lazy, but I've seen people use covers that have glow tape on them, so you get a free glow staff when you've got your fire one covered smile

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I only spin now if it's over a pit of lime jelly, so my wicks are always safe... and fruity biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
they can make jelly out of limes?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
they can make jelly out of many things these days... even gym socks.

But speaking of wick covers, i just put them in socks and it seems to protect the wicks pretty well (until of course the socks start developing massive holes in them).

If you don't have a rubber band or anything to tie the sock down, you can usually twist the sock around the staff (after the wick) and then double the sock back onto itself. Holds really well.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
wrong forum spank this should be in "technical discussion" not in "moves"...

However I use semi-truck tubes fitted with velcro. I even produce and sell them (cheap) they are the best Kevlar protection for staff available... IMHO wink

Neoprene beer coolers are a good idea too, but I would think that they don't last (depending on the ratio and speed of throws, level of experience), socks... you got to be kidding wink What also works is anything wrapped in gaffer tape, but simply socks??? Try hitting your foot at the corner of the table with/ without socks... not much of a difference, is it? Wear (rubber) boots and repeat the experiment/ feel the difference hug

Socks, or that fluffy stuff is nothing else but protecting the "outside world" from getting stained or to protect your Kev from UV... If you want to protect it from training impact, you need something sturdy...
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1188557816)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
good point there tom

Me I'm lazy and cheap so I use plastic shoping bags.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil