oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
okay already ask bout this but was quite drunk wen i read v repply so.

Quad poi- 2 poi in EACH hand- how fars every1 got, iv only sort of figured out the wind mill thing, (high and ow), and just sum basic turning and spinning around doing like a weave with 1 beat each side.

How fars the rest of the world got and got any tips or ideas?

is it me or does nothing realy matter?

ubersmackSILVER Member
journeyman
73 posts

Posted:
to be honest it sounds like too much of a good thing.. its like using 3 forks to eat your food..

but good luck smile

"Runs with Scissors"

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I've been playing around with this idea myself and i think that a 4 poi windmill looks so much better.

My sugestions

-A butterfly in each hand but you need to be able to start a butterfly with one hand and theres a trick to it but i'm only just learning it myself so i cant give any hints just yet.

-3bt weave but the poi will twist up on oneside then untwist and seperate on the other.

-It may be possible to build a tower of tangles but it's only theory at the moment however there is a thread about it somewhere (mutiplex tangles i think?) but it sugests the trick as a two person move so it would need some adaptation.

-Don't be afraid to do most of your old poi tricks coz you can always twist up your poi so that they can act as 1 instead of 2 but be warned that they will untwist when you are spinning.

My questions

-How do you hold your poi?
-Any hints for changing the direction of one poi but not the other (both in the same hand).

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
thanx for the ideas, iv been try'in a cuple but my left hand seems to fail me mostly.

iv been try'in the twisting but iv also figured out how to do the 3bt weave with out tangling by twisting my hands a bit like a 5bt thing.

but yer iv been holding my sock poi, (that have just got nots for handle,) with one between my little finger and ring finger and the other between my thumb and index finger, or with my fire poi i just have a loop around my thumb and little finger.

as for changing the direction I can only do it by doing double with my one hand and use the other just to wrap one poi apart from that im a bit stuck for ideas.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
walk strong before u learn to run: practice with meteors first smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
need an excuse 2 make sum anyways actualy

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bender

walk strong before u learn to run: practice with meteors first smile

I have been practicing with meteors anyway i just don't have anbody local that i can learn from or bounce ideas off of.

At the end of the day quad poi are just 2 sets of meteors.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
quad poi tricks can be found by searching under such exciting names as "4 poi", "four poi" and "double butterflies". here are some dusty old threads that have some four poi tricks and some which just have one-handed butterfly variations:

[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]

good luck smile

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
and if you're 2bags, 4 poi's just the start, you need to move to 6 poi next :P

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*bumper*

8 poi possible? wink

Would we have any videos available on "quad poi"?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

GodboltSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
Ive made a quick4 poi butterflies tutorial help Its my first ever video so any feed back would be nice :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGYbrdw2Gk

We provide a range of services designed to Entertain, Educate and Promote. including spectacular shows, brand or event promotion and various skills workshops. check out our site for more info