Forums > Social Chat > How do you shake yours?

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Take the question for what it's worth, loaded or unloaded! grin wink tongueAnd yes, I know I'm getting one started here!!!Oh, and technically speaking, I spin mine out, and do a few good downward thrusts on the eating/blowing torches! *lol* grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mm with my staff I like to either shake it around a bit before getting down to business, and with my dangly bits, I reckon just having a short play with em gets em ready for action. winkI also like to do a 'burnout' with my staff...ie put a heap of spin on it while throwing it up in the air, making twin fire balls...makes for a good introduction to your performance..but on a more serious note, has anyone constructed a machine which squeezes the excess fuel off the poi or staff tips back into the fuel container? I was thinking something like what mop buckets have for squishing the mop's excess water off...Josh

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I spin excess fuel off before I start.Josh I like the idea of a sweezy thing to save on fuel and not have to spray fuel all around the place when I am shaking off the excess.Maybe you should patent the idea now.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Rather than a squeezy device, you can just get a chemical-resistant rubber glove (at any hardware store) and manually squeeze the excess back into your soaking tub.I prefer to just shake out my poi. I think squeezing removes too much fuel.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy