Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
ooooooh this sounds so exciting!!!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
is anyone coming in from around manchester/liverpool area and has some spare room to pick us up from manchester airport? (im not sure how many people are coming from israel.)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i booked my time off ubbangel

miss you guys! im getting sick of mopper civil life, i miss the grass and odd wake up calls, chai and ping pongs biggrin

ive already started planning where the safest place to set my tent up this time ubblol

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Poiboy, there are loads of us from the Manchester area.
When I'm home I live really close to Manchester Airport. I'm sure we will be able to arrange something.

And YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY!!!!!! Play 2007 bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Jake's coming biggrin then greece!

Jake the Juggler

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yay Jake!! hug bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
PoiBoy? eek

bounce

Yipee!!!! ubbrollsmile

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
dunc i have a suggestion for this year how about a giant name game at the beggining so that everyone knows everyone else

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
eek my head ain't big enough to remember 500 names... Maybe everyone should just get their HoP name and real name tattooed to their head/hand/other exposed flesh, cos it will be useful at all future meets thereafter biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I thought everyone was called "ping"...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'm sure i met some Pongs....

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Crazy_ClownGOLD Member
102 posts

Posted:
maybe name tags will be the new pegs... mmmmmmm.... ill make sure i take some...

|)><(|

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
or combine the 2 and have name tags on pegs

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

or combine the 2 and have name tags on pegs

Surely after the incident in the ember lounge you can see why that would just lead to more confusion!

I may well get a tshirt printed with my name on it. That would probably save a lot of confusion biggrin

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i dont recall any incident in the ember lounge?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

i dont recall any incident in the ember lounge?

The incident with the pegs!

That kept swapping who they (because pegs are people too, you know) were attached to!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
but isnt that the point of pegging? and also the point of taking this off-topic lol

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
by the way, we might put an israeli flag on our tents :P

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

ive already started planning where the safest place to set my tent up this time ubblol

What?? You mean next to ours again? ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

I may well get a tshirt printed with my name on it. That would probably save a lot of confusion biggrin

i already have one of those, i had it made for creamfields a couple of years ago. i wore it for the last falmouth, it worked! though my HoP name has changed since.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I shall make a point of making a t-shirt and taking glowsticks to put on my guideropes this year the drunken falling back to my tent was not good when i was tripping over the guideropes last year....

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I will be wearing my Skully hat, which has my name on the side biggrin

Have even been wearing it in Oz ubblol

Jon, I may also try to bring some tim tams along to share with you wink

Owner of Clarence_Quack

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

and then come to our tents to get tea from seye wink mmmm peppermint tea

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:

well.... now that i think about it, sleep would really be a waste of time so i may camp with you again ubblol

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

Mmmm... play tea biggrin

I'll definitely be taking loads of different ones again this year biggrin

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

Mmmm... play tea biggrin

I'll definitely be taking loads of different ones again this year biggrin

Chai Tea biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
shroom tea

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:

well.... now that i think about it, sleep would really be a waste of time so i may camp with you again ubblol

It would be rude not to! Plus, if you don't, we can't promise not to attack your tent like we did Simon's! ubblol You are our partner in crime we need a common base! Although I'm pretty sure cantus will take special care not to camp near us this year redface hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Hi, just got into Poi etc through an old school mate who also told me about this festival - just wondered if I could find out if any tickets were still available as the website dosn't seem to say if it's sold out or not ?

Any ideas anyone ? Figured that I may aswell go, have a giggle, learn summat and have it as my holiday this year seeing as Japan and Hawaii are a bit out my price range ... damnit ...

--Just noticed my Reg date ... forgot I was trying to get into things a while ago but didn't know any spinners in the area! DOH!--
EDITED_BY: E_V_I_L (1172054699)

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
tickets havent gone on sale yet, have they?!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Page: ...