Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

T minus 1 hour to departure just have to buy baccy, skins and a coat and we're away see you all about 1ish biggrin

A little bird told me Mynci's car has broken down umm wink ubblol ah bless hug2

Rob, not sure where you're coming up from, but if it's southwest, AA Travel says both M5 and A34 clear (flood-wise) and M6 is also Ok
Good luck

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
hehe!! 2 hours till i'm out the door!!! the main trouble will be to not squash my bags of brownie and flapjack... i have a feeling it'll all be one cakey mush by the time i get there! still tastes nice though yum yum smile see you all there!! excitement! bounce

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
leaving now! biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
woot! train in less than 2 hours now! will be seeing you lot in less than 5! and NO ITS NOT GOING TO FLOOD!!!

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

NO ITS NOT GOING TO FLOOD!!!

You had to say it, didn't you..?!! It'll all be your fault now...

Setting off as soon as the car's packed, see y'all in a bit...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
*mwahahahaha* god i love jynxing things!! tis what i live for lol but seriously, it wont biggrin

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Wild Child

Written by: Mynci

T minus 1 hour to departure just have to buy baccy, skins and a coat and we're away see you all about 1ish biggrin

A little bird told me Mynci's car has broken down umm wink ubblol ah bless hug2

Rob, not sure where you're coming up from, but if it's southwest, AA Travel says both M5 and A34 clear (flood-wise) and M6 is also Ok
Good luck

ubblol yup myncis blew up his car after 30 mins ubblol

silly silly boi hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
OOOoopppsss
Well he kinda foresaw it I guess - or others did!!
Mine is gonna be fine and I'm picking up Nick Meenik in...whenever he bloody gets here!!
So should be on site in.....who knows!!
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Jen, have just sweet-talked my boss into letting me go at 2.30 so should be with you at 3.30. Id Olive coming with us?

I've got butterflies in my tummy peace

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Antmember
3 posts

Posted:
Any lifts about from later today, londony type area south westyish ideal
thanks!
ants_pix@hotmail.com

The future's bright!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
hah, im writing this while you are all at play...so hah...i could do anything and no one cold stop me, something like...

THE GAME!

or...

..oh i can't think of anything else, but hah! biggrin

hope you all enjoy you'r time. juggle weavesmiley ubbloco ubbidea ubblol ubblove confused hug eek rolleyes ubbrollsmile wink frown redface cool ubbangel beerchug devil grouphug hehe meditate nana sunny shrug bounce bounce2 peace tongue

and all the other things that you all do.

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
ooh look, I'm going to be the first to say

thank ewe

to all the organisers

and to all the performers

and to all the workshop leaders (even though I only went to my own)

and to all the lovely people who were there

for making me have a jolly nice time.

Right, I'm off to the shower to get these various organic stuffs off my skin and to smell nice again...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
im going to be the second to say ditto

well done all it was great thank you!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cheers to all the organisers I got there yes i did, 1 blown up car an a hire car later I arrived tongue

and just to say
Mech how's the shoulder wink
ain't karma a bitch ubblol never laugh at the unfortunate

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol i do ubbangel

had a wicked time, was sooo relaxed biggrin

roll on play 2008 wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

penwingnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
I'm home, clean and was feeling awake a few minutes ago.

I want to echo what's said above, thank you for organising a fantastic event. And thanks to those who taught me stuff and kept me company. You're all great!

Alex
x x

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Home, safe and well- still looking forward to my first 'proper' post festy shower.

Miss you all already guys smile

CosmicCatnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
This year was my first play and i must say it was pro smile
Amazing 5 days, the shows were amazing and the people were better, roll on 2008
smile

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
woot! amazing few days!! i'd like to say thanks to all the organisers and people who i met for helping me to have a superb time.....but i'd also like to apologise to everybody i annoyed by wearing my 'guess what?...' t-shirt!!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys and dolls!!! hug Such an amazing few days. Here are some of my highlights of play:

Non-Https Image Link

Guy getting the crowd rocking with Shaft!

Non-Https Image Link

Having fun in the sunshine! sunny

Non-Https Image Link

The passed-out dude at Renegade who we buckerooed!! ubblol

and playing the chinese faces game:

Non-Https Image Link

ubblol sunny ubblove hug

AWESOME PLAY!! THANK YOU!!! xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Good times grouphug

biggrin

Just found that Joe Driscoll's album is on iTunes- I'm purchasing it as we speak biggrin

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the_mods_stole_my_name

but i'd also like to apologise to everybody i annoyed by wearing my 'guess what?...' t-shirt!!

ubblol didn't bother me! i was 'guess what' t-shirt immune! i don't play that thing that apparantly we all play....

but anyway, awesome weekend guys, you did a fantastic job! The fire shows were ace (well done to chimaera for spinning in the rain!) and i learnt lots of fantastic new moves - great workshops guys!

but the thing i'm most smiley about biggrin is that i got to meet many more of you loverly HoPpers in the flesh! clap and of course it was fantastic to see those i already knew again too smile

bring on next year!!!!!!!!! bounce

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

emberwolfnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
agreeing with all the thanks above! Was my first Play (first juggling/object manipulation gathering in general), but DEFINITELY not my last.

Roll on Play 2008!

lady_louSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I agree with everyone else, Just want to say had an amazing time. Big Thanks again to everyone.
Was my second play, can't wait for next year! smile

(p.s does anyone know the name/details of the beatboxer from sat night? confused)

X

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone. I had a fantabulous time. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Lou, that was Joe Driscoll, google him. smile

Nice to see you all, glad the weather was pretty good. See you all in september at Fal7.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

LSKmember
66 posts

Posted:
Thanks for an awesome few days everyone! Already looking forward to next year!... oh and I'm gonna go get Joe Driscoll's album too!! biggrin

Lx

Lx

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
joe can be found lined from the play website

https://playfestival.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=42

Step (el-nombrie)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
had awesome time, so great to see so many familiar faces again (after a long time away) and to meet a lot of new people again smile

Thanks also to the whole PLAY comittee for organising everything, sorting stuff out and generally kicking ass!
grouphug

PLAY 2008 is going to rock sooo hard! bounce

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

firestuSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
i am also getting the album. that was my first play and i loved it cant wate for play 2008 and hopefully there will be even more new things to learn. thanks to everyone involved and i will see many people again in sep at fal7 so should be good i look faweds to it.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished" Lao Tzu

"It is not length of life, but depth of life."

Page: ......