Page:
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I started this thread to open up a discussion on drops and the many different ways to recover from them,
From droplines to flick-ups.i think it would be helpful for many of us to share our thoughts on this topic,
If anyone has any nice videos of shows or tricks that would be helpful please could they post them as well..........................if the thread is popular i will start one on drop elimination

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I can go over the staff and do a handspring to holding it in front of me

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
buah... why do people upload goods vids for western broadband at home users only - and neglect those, who (like me at the moment) who sit in overpaid and undersped, smelly internet cafes in S/E Asia by not uploading a smaller version of coolness rolleyes (while I write this, only 3% of the vid was downloaded... rolleyes at least all them guys using Messenger voice and vid conversation are getting garbled now *insert daemonic laugh* wink )

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
umm all this for 24 secs of s/o taking 22 secs to drop and then being lucky with clubs? mad2

ubblol wink

come again, Tim - please tell me you have a better link to share.... wink

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
ok,oki will put a video up............any1 else?

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Ive only done this once as I never usually have enough room, it was in the middle of a market square so I had masses of space -
As the stick hit the ground I looked at it in disgust and threw my hands up in the air as if to say "Thats it! I dont care any more! Screw it!" and started to walk off the performance area. Once I was bout 10 paces away I spun round and sprinted back towards the staff and did a small jump into a cartwheel picking up the staff and throwing it really high above me to catch it and carry on with the better half of my tricks. Got a very large cheer from the crowd biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
you'd get a cheer from me - that's for sure! YAY for self confidence wink :thumbup:

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
quick move for short doubles when you drop one.

one staff drops to floor, keep spinning the other one in a single staff styleeee and move over to dropped staff. stand above it, legs either side of handle. bring staff your still twirling down under and thru legs, pass to other hand behind your back, pick up dropped staff with the hand you just transferred the spinning staff from. do a hlaf turn and jobs a good un.

not a big fan of kicking them up cos i tend to kick em in random directions and that looks abit silly.

cheers
biggins

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&ct=...KhWuUUegv5oqDQA

thnx Meg,that's really interesting!

I's always good to have some "vocal trricks" to use with audience looking to you.

Really theese are nice!

My experience:

We(me and a friend)were making 4shower passing and absolutyl we were the worst show in the night(we're young!) we decided that if things get bad ,like he or i do not catch,other staff should be left dropping..

so the other who didn't failed coninue to do the movement like he's playing and the oother drop evrithing or perheps he keep all the staff for him.

The"good"one continue to juggle with nothing for some sec then he realyze nothing is coming ubblol

like in the clownerie the white one and the red one,it's al about that rolleyes
EDITED_BY: darimoth (1174504241)

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

djtruesoundBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
i think that if its dropped, either rolling it onto my foot with the other one, then either,
kicking it up into a spin, always looks good,
or
trying to push the staff into the back of my knee to kinda spin it horizontaly up into my hand,
or this is the hard one
trying to flip it up ova my head, like footballers do this one can often cause accidents as others have found out,
or doing a cartwheel over my start and placing a hand onto the staff and grabbing it.
either way up do it the crowd do enjoy watching it, as entheogen said the crowd dont even notice thats it wasnt planned,
i dont think ive met one person who does fire who doesnt drop and then act pissed off that it hasnt all spun the way it should

you want fire, well u came to the right place

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I usually put one leg behind the other and drop into a sideways tumble to recover my staff, then tumble back and stand while pulling the staff into a back belly wrap, looks quiote impressive. Forward rolls work well too.

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

GarryGOLD Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
I remember finding a quite simple but nice way of picking the staff up with your feet but can't remember just how it works.

As far as I remember it involves locking the staff at the knee to begin the spin.

Ring a bell anyone? Gotta link?

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Do you mean the move at 1:25 in this vid?

GarryGOLD Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Hey, thanks Joe smile

I'm not sure if thats exactly the one I was thinking of. Perhaps it is though as I was picturing it on the right foot and not to so high.

It is exactly the kind of move I am looking for though! biggrin

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
my leet recovery move is fluidly sliding right foot under fallen staff to a wall plane throw landing on left hand.
Contact Chris from Melb can do that into a matrix, but he's awesome at anything!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: