Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Irish spinners who want a free trip to Mongolia

Login/Join to Participate

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Not too sure on the date, it has yet to be decided and I'm nopt running it. It's the annual Eagle Festival in Mongolia. I'm trying to get sponsorship to try to send an Irish group of fire spinners to perform but for that I need a group of fire spinners in Ireland. Anybody interested? I should be able to gain enough sponsorship to make it much cheaper if not free.

But remember SHOULD is the operative word. This is going to cost somebody a lot of money. If we can't get sponsorship then I'm not sure what to do, unless you lot can suggest anything for the money.

Having said that I will probably be able to get it, but just keep the possibility in mind.

EDITED_BY: Wooktastic (1168448351)

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hello!! Did someone say free adventure!!!?? smile

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I did indeed. Or at least relatively cheap adventure. I've gotten in touch with amnesty, so it'll probably be free and charitable adventure.

t04201901BRONZE Member
79 posts

Posted:
YO MAN, THAT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY SWEET, KEEP ME INFORMED, OR PM THE DETAILS OR WATEVER!

pEACE
LoVe
and
rEsPeCt

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Tattoo my name on your arm, Im not going to leave you alone about this !!! PM me if you need details ETC. : )

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
This is great, I only need six. But Jesus, we can't have a participate in a culturally open and diverse if we're all the same damn gender, we need at least one girl godsdamnit!

I'm a [censored] retard, literally.

It should read:

We can't participate in a culturally open and diverse event if we're all the same damn gender.
EDITED_BY: Wooktastic (1168448511)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Im in, I just happened to be planning a solo trip to mongolia also...

Add another fire spinner to your list... i'll be getting the transiberian train...

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
there are plenty of girlies here, just sent you a pm

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yep... add my name to the list...

and check out here too wink

www.firepoise.com

take care
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

CharmsBSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Yes please, I'll love to have a chance to go to this......female poi spinner from Belfast!

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
ill Change my gender for the greater benifit of cultural diversity...Ado-P you still got that sharp thing for making Staffs?

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I've been to Ireland... does that count? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hey all jus incase ya's didnt recognise mise,tis Tir na nOg Rob!! This better not disappear and get filled up like everything else!!! I was here first!! biggrin

And hey wooktastic, who is that hero behind the oddly spelt mask?? Are you known to the general firespinning populace? Reveal yourself!!! confused tongue

By the way any knowledge on belfast?is it happening??? Will I see you all there!!!???

Slán

Rob

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Me too! me too!

ubbrollsmile

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Hey,

Add me on to your list of possibles - this sounds amazing!

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Um

Flame me for a cynic, but this sounds somewhat unlikely.

Why would someone no one has heard of (who registered on HoP the same day of making this offer) persuade another group of unknown people to pay for a group of Irish (or *pick any other country with a pin on a map*) spinners to go to a small festival devoted to the demonstration of Kazakh eagle hunting?

It would be like having an assortment of Columbian snake handlers going to an embroidery festival in Finland. Or whatever other random stuff you can think up.

The person doesn't know the dates? Why not? They are posted on the internet (2-12 Oct)

Amnesty? I thought they were busy with other types of projects. Like preventing torture. Raising money for Amnesty? Must be a simpler way.

I suspect someone is having a bit of a giggle. Sacha Baron Cohen?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Starting thinking the same last night... but it would be nice if it was true biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
The thought definitely occured to me Gabe, but I'm just curious to see how this all unfolds. I think most of us are just registering our interest, not confirming that we WILL go, if indeed it all happens.

It's a nice thought though smile

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Where in finland is this embroidery festival on!?? Tell me dammit!! tongue

Thats it aiden!! Myself and urself all alone on that transsiberian train passing those feather topped mountains on the way to something... away the days and nights go past the unchanging background while a traveller moves on!!! - or not smile

Belfast1?? Aon sceal duine??

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
First I've done my research, other festivities happen in conjunction with the Eagle Festival, wrestling, races, archery demonstrations, dances. Fire spinning is not going to be out of place. As for getting funding, I'm a leader for a youth group which gets a small amount of government funding I can apply for grants, I'm also applying for funding from my college. As for amnesty They've gotten involved with projects I've been involved with before that had very little to do with human rights. I've been involved with performance arts since I was very young, I know how it works. As for registering here and making the post on the same day, why do you think I did register?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Excellent, well now you know the dates I'm sure you'll be in a better position to raise the funds you need and ensure cultural appropriateness. Are you in Ireland? Perhaps check out [Old link] and meet some of the people. Good luck organisng spinners, it's a bit like herding cats! Cats and hunting eagles. Hmmm.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....