akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
I've had great fun spinning and contact-staffing a collapsed umbrella - I must try to get in some finale where I finish off with the umbrella open! Next step collapsible fire umbrellas...

Non-Https Image Link

(from Decompression 06)

Also the rolls posters come in ... we had tonnes of them at my old job, but theyre a bit slippery. Large empty cardboard box spinning is fun too!

Any others? juggle

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
fire umbrellas would rock far more if they were double ended...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Ooh potential project ... I must inform my most-excellent welding associate ... he's in his "happy place" when he's welding smile

A double ended fire umbrella may have to be renamed "Flamin' Death Axle" though ... or just "crazy firestaff for nuts"

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Proving once again that if it can burn someone will eventualy set it on fire.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ak: you know someone that can weld?? awesome! I may well need their services when I get back...

I always thought spinning double umbrellas would be cool, kind of like tiger hook swords except with more opportunity for poncing.

I think a double ended umbrella would need to be frigging long if you're not going to kill yourself...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I can spin the Earth just by standing on it...

I've the urge to try Doubles with Cattle Prods...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
LA: Yeah, but he lives in London - he'll weld only the most interesting projects! In fact the other day he asked me for something to make, cos he was bored! Shameful me, couldn't think of anything. My plan is to infiltrate the engineering department here and learn the ways of the weld.

My friend Daedra is making fire swords, and has expressed ideas for a fire-axe, a fire-sledgehammer (wtf!) and a fire shield. I was in shock and awe ... how the hell would you use such devices!? I think he just wants to wrap the whole world in kevlar and set it on fire.

Just don't jump Neon_Shaolin! If we all jump, the earth may break apart!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
bounce2

rolleyes

Where can l get cattleprods from...? weavesmiley

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
*feels earth tremble .... tries to jump out of phase

a quick google search and ...

https://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/prod.htm

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Why thank you...! ubblol

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i dont think Neon really wants that for spinning wink tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
biggrin let me know how it goes! if i was 3x taller and about 5x stronger i think spinning a lamppost would be cool ... or is that just me? ... just me then.

Bamboo sticks are nice to spin ... nice and eco friendly!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
A barbell bar - really sweet for contact cos it has infinite momentum! biggrin Kinda hurts trying to stop it with your shoulder tho.
Also a rowing oar is quality fun, 14 feet of wood and carbon fibre gives you quite a lot of momentum too.
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Zolgar_the_InsaneSILVER Member
22 posts

Posted:
 Written by: akgraphics

My friend Daedra is making fire swords, and has expressed ideas for a fire-axe,

Fire axe, pretty easy really, I'd do it with an axe head qith kevlar rope around the edges. Would look something like a fire-fan on a stick.

Written by:

a fire-sledgehammer (wtf!)

Probably the easiest of these ideas. Just a big wrap of kevlar at the end of s tick, alternatively you could have a heavy core inside to increase the weight and feel of it.

Written by:

and a fire shield.

There are two ways I can see this, one would be .. meh, and lighter/easier to make, the other would be awe-inspiring, but heavy and a bitch to make, bnoth would be a pain to soak.

1: basic wooden shield with thin aluminum covering it, kevlar rope around the edges. Fairly light, and would have a flaming aura.

2: make a frame in the shape of your shield out of probably steel tube, put the handle coming off that. Cover the frame in a thin sheet metal (cross brace it, or back it with wood if you're going to use it for any form of contact.) do the kevlar rope around the edges, and them cover the rest of its front with 2-3 layers of kevlar.

The one problem with both of these designs is that the weight would make them ideal for being strapped to the arm. The problem is, anything that's on fire, you want a quick way to release.

Written by:

I was in shock and awe ... how the hell would you use such devices!?

Simple. Flame combat.

By the way.. https://fire.trickconcepts.com/wallpaper.htm
< on that page, there are two picks with a flame scythe. (The one on the very bottom is my current wall paper.)

There's a fine line between genius and insanity.

.... I ran away from the genius side.

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
"(The one on the very bottom is my current wall paper.)"
Ha, mine too!

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

UstuloTerrastranger
19 posts

Posted:
in reference to fire shield---->my our shields are plywood with 3 layers of aluminum tape and an emblem either a snake (rope) cross (2inch wick twisted and screwed in or a chevron

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
On my bottom.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

kevannewbie
7 posts

Posted:
i love picking up random objects and trying to spin them usually with disasterous\hilarious effect if i happen to be far too pissed

DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
Hello all! Just thought I'd pop in and say hello seeing that my name was mentioned in here!

Those projects still have not come to fruition yet because of damned other people stealing my time away from me like the burglar steals the cat! I think the hammer idea may be thrown out of the window unless I was going to use it as a prop in an appropriate performance!!

The axe however! It'd be in the style of something like a Labrys Axe (Doubles sided war axe). I just love the shape, plus if it was double ended would be interesting to spin around!

As for the swords and shields, they are heavily WIP at the mo:P the shield especially, was looking to get a whole blazing shield o' death thing going on but sadly that plan is wrought with dangers to my face!!

Once my father gave me a kiwi... I thought it was a rodent and I stroked it until all the fur fell out - White Ninja

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
Im a brickie and frequently find myself subconsusly spinning my spirit level.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I was giving a presentation and had a pointer the other day. Did not even notice I was doing it....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

NifeliumGOLD Member
journeyman
52 posts

Posted:
vacume cleaner pipes with the swively bit still attached

LEAK SPIN