Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Clapham Common* 2006-2007 BIG OPENING SUMMER MEET!!! 7TH&8TH JULY!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley CLAPHAM COMMON 2006-2007 weavesmiley

Well, the torch has been passed onto me to take control of the Clapham Common Meets biggrin Due to the horrible weather that decides to hit London at this time of year, there will only be a few meets at the common, but it WILL be a weekly thing over the summer!(Becasue me and FRD will have our sundays free because of exams being over and stuff biggrin biggrin) I will keep this thread as up to date as possible in order to try and get as many people as possible. For anyone new to this thread, check the later pages as there more up-to-date stuff will be on there!

------------------------------------------------

WHERE: We ALWAYS start off at the bandstand! (Thats the black dot in the middle of the map) And it looks like this....(pretty isn't it? wink)

Non-Https Image Link

Its is a short walk from Clapham Common and Clapham South On the Tube station, and is literally a 10 minute walk from Clapham Junction! If anyone needs help to get from any station to the meeting place, please do not hesitate to contact me and Im sure that either myself or someone else will come and rescue you! There are little maps situated all over the common showing where you are, and where you need to go. biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Clapham Common Map

--------------------------------------------------------

WHEN: The next meet i have planned for the end of next month. Weather will be getting better. If people want to have the meet sooner, please tell me! I am also wanting to have a meet atleast once a month until the weather does begin to pick up, and then it will become a weekly thing of every Sunday. The time of the start is about 4:00pm and goes on till.....whenever we feel like going home. biggrin biggrin

-----------------------------------------------------------

WHO?: Anyone, bring friends and family, it is just a place where people can come and have a spin and a laugh. If your a beginner and want to learn some moves and play on some other peoples toys, then come along and join in.Or if you are an expert and feel like showing off. Bring along something nice and warm to wear on the cold days though! eek

----------------------------------------------------------

ANYTHING ELSE: Incase of bad weather...STILL COME.Next to Bandstand, is a lovely little cafe (greatest chocolate treats ever ubbangel) and if it gets heavy downfall rain, we go in there till it goes away! biggrin biggrin biggrin And if it is particularly bad, we all go to The Windmill(shown in the map above)

This IS a FIRE meet, so bring along some paraffin to use and share (O...and bring a lighter, some of us don't smoke wink) Doesn't mean to have to play with fire. There will be some avaliable, but its always nice to share hug

FOOD is greatly recieved by all, and any brought would instantly make you a loved person ubblove

--------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING FROM FAR?: If you need a place to stay after travelling a distance to come to the meets then there will be crashing space avaliable to a number of people. But that also means anyone who is a regular person to the meets and has crashing space, please let me know so i can get me people to come down

If there is anything I have seemed to of missed, please tell me.(Spell check if u must wink)

rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Just Another Clown (1180799889)

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I may make it down, but don't count on it. I'm trying to set up a fire-troupe with the North Finchley lot, and we have Sunday penciled in for our first rehearsal. It's supposed to be in the morning, so I'll try and come down if I'm a) still sober enough to travel to clapham and b) not already completely spun out by then... smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
i walked by clapham common to find meteor street... (spaced anyone?) the week before last.

I've now technicaslly been.

just incase anyone wants to know...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

965 posts

Posted:
I loved Spaced biggrin biggrin

Right......so people planing to come this weekend are......me and Sambo? If its gonna be that I might aswell go to camden for a spin instead? frown

On the other hand I was told that Neon will be coming to the big meet in the summer biggrin biggrin crashing space is still up for grabs biggrin

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
crash Crash CRASH!!! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
C-c-c-c-c-crash.

I was looking forward to coming down this weekend, but am so poor have had to start shoplifting cups of tea. (no..seriously! ubblol)

Will most definatly be at the big one in the summer, and most probably a few before that as well smile

965 posts

Posted:
Ok! Well Aimee, Blu( i take it that means lee aswell?) have crashing space and neon! I may some space for more.

This weekends meet, due to such overwhelming demand(2 ppl!?!?!?!?) Will not be occuring. But I will on my way to Camden on Sunday to have a spin with 1 or 2 other people! smile Check camden posts for where or PM me! smile

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
yay to that! shame it won't be this weekend that i'll make it down to the legendary clapham meet, but see you in the pub as usual smile

xx

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
is anyone going tomorrow? clapham?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

965 posts

Posted:
I can't. Work is weighing me down, and deadlines must be met! I dont think anyone is going to be honest frown

phillyphilSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
no more meet?
i was gettign excited to meet some spinning folk..

camden - where when?

love

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Just Another Clown

Ok! Well Aimee, Blu( i take it that means lee aswell?)

Yes! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

965 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

Written by: Just Another Clown

Ok! Well Aimee, Blu( i take it that means lee aswell?)

Yes! biggrin

Aaaaa Fine wink

965 posts

Posted:
Right, Im doing some work on a flier for the Big Clapham Meet This Summer! I neary got it all sorted, just putting some final pictures in, to make it look all nice. So if anyone has any nice photos from clapham they would wish me to use please send them or put me onto a link. Just waiting for some more people to say they will come.

Thinking about the next clapham meet I was thinking in the mid April, The weather will definitly be nice + I will be able to come as Im spinning in camden for the next couple of weekends. Would that be alright?!?! biggrin

J.A.C. xXx

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
Can i submit a vote for 22nd April? I'd love to come along, and just get back from Thailand on the Saturday. I'll need something to keep me awake to get over jet-lag smile

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I'm coming smile ..... when is it?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be around for a whole year after summer, without uni or school, and nuts to working on weekends.

Hooray! I can be a clapham regular again smile

So Doug, I heartily volunteer to help your lame ass out with anything you need doing smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
In that case I'm not going any more wink ... jokes tongue

Henry... You said doing, ass & doug in the same sentence! OMG! Its a dream come true!!

ubbangel

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Doug, I'll have a dig around and see what I can find picture wise.

You can count me in for as many times as I can afford this summer.
And as of september I'll be living in London - hooray!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

And as of september I'll be living in London - hooray!

HUh??? Wha, where, wah?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I think you should make it Sunday 1st april, cos im home then smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Is anything happening on easter weekend? I'll be in Greenwich that weekend cat-sitting so may be up for a bit of a play. smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

I think you should make it Sunday 1st april, cos im home then smile

ditto

Just realised I'll be down for this! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
1st is the only weekend I'd be able to do in April

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
So I just saw pics of the new bandstand... (which just goes to show how long ago I was on the common frown )

And holy hell! It looks nice smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

965 posts

Posted:
A meet can be arranged for the 1st, but I am unfortunatly unable to attend, due to me being in Devon biggrin But i maybe able to meet up late on that night. And see you guys.

I will put a post up and inform people of this date. And any ideas for another possible meet? Or will I be seeing anymore of you for the Big Clapham Meet on the 7th/8th July? biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Is arranging a meet as simple as 'Anyone fancy the 1st April'?

Did you say you were going to Synergy Douggles?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

965 posts

Posted:
yeah got my ticket biggrin biggrin biggrin see you there

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i may actually be there on the 1st... depends on how hungover/ busy i am

who knows....

back

965 posts

Posted:
I wish i could make it to this, but im going to be in the west country for the weekend, but i will see mostof you at Synergy on friday anyway. Hope you have good fun smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
What does everyone think? 2-3pm at the Bandstand?

Page: