Forums > Social Chat > New Damien Rice Album "9"

Login/Join to Participate

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Got it on my desk on Tuesday and haven't stopped listening since. Not a single weak song on it smile

As usual the music and lyrics manage to make me really sad and happy at the same time. Anyone else got it and has an opinion? bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
Oooooo.... ubblove Damien Rice!!!!!
Don't have it yet, gotta wait until payday!

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
had it for a couple of weeks now *gently smug* wink

i was hoping for more of a change in sound but more of the same is no bad thing when its as high quality as this album.

there may only be 9 songs but as birgit said, there are no fillers and i like that approach far more than filling up a cd for the sake of it.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

there may only be 9 songs

eek

there's 10 on mine! wherever you got your early copy from must've fooled you! tongue

The only thing that annoys me is that the last song is 23 minutes long with no hidden tracks so playing it in repeat isn't that good...

And I LOVE (today, my favourite Damien Rice songs always change a lot) the Coconut Skins one, I think it's quite different... 2 chords and quite bouncy compared to the rest. Also much more piano and (I think, I may be wrong) less duetting in general.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
grrr
i've wanted one of his cd's since i saw him on austin city limits and i can't afford it

(and it seems like so few from the US know who he is so it's hard to find too)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
he's got a myspace page, you can listen to some of the stuff there smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

3,556 posts

Posted:
i know-he's my friend

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
yeah? he didn't add me, but I've only just asked him, I'm "pending" not denied smile Probably cause he and the crew are busy going round America at the moment instead of coming to Scotland. Boo to them!!! bounce

(G.W. Dahlquist)

3,556 posts

Posted:
it took awhile and probably more now because of the new release more people will be asking
i don't know which profile i have him under my school one or my other one-hmmmm

Faith

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I'm quite impressed with one of the guys on myspace, singer/songwriter guy called Andy Mac (currently in NYC I think), he's got something like 20000 people added but manages to write me messages and comment on my pictures. Maybe he's got a secret army of elves doing that for him though, but I don't think he'd be able to afford them smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)