sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
hey all
i hear earthcore is on 1-3 dec 06...
being from nz im a massive fan of outdoor parties... anyone got views on this? keen to hear if its worth going etc... looks great from wot i can c?? and how do u get there from brisbane city?
https://www.earthcore.com.au/zone/carnival/
juggle weavesmiley ubbloco juggle weavesmiley ubbloco

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah Earthcore was great last year.. we took up a bunch of spinners and had a great time... the music was fairly monotonously doofdoof (apart from the Posford set) but maybe it will be a bit more interesting this time.. lineup looks interesting.. DJ Krush and Raja Ram....

It's a fair hike from Bris.. about 2 hours drive up in BEAUTIFUL hills past Kilcoy... doubt there's any public transport... you'd have to connect with the rest of the Brisvegans and get a lift I think... wink

The site is a 4 wheel drive park.. hilly but lots of space...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
It sounds like fun!!! i dont have transport yet so will sort that out... havnt heard of dj krush and raja ram? wot kind of soundz are they??? i luv a bit of everythin!
is there somewhere to stay there? and do they hav food etc, any showers!!! lol
i went to this rave in nz in the middle of the southern alps - beautiful, xpect there was a huge storm and the portaloos fell ova - eek! but otherwise was xcellent!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Its a camping thing with a few food stalls/chai shops but you'd bring some of your own stuff anyway, camping. There were some OK showers not may though

Raja Ram is the other half of Shpongle (Simon Posford came last year)

DJ Krush? The magic of google wink ubblol

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
together!?!? that's be worth seeing, like a hip hop shpongle... ubblol

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Are you going again Gabe? Oh man why does Oz have to be so flaming far away. I'd be there again like a shot if I could. Hope there isn't any flooding on the way up again this year!!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Earthcore always has a great line-up, if you're into psy it's the place to be. Twirling-wise it's good too.. check out the pic in my gallery from last year in victoria.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
this looks cool - Raja Ram is a absolute legend - he exudes so much presence and character on stage.

will definitely be up for this!

E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
ye, me too ed... especially after earthdance...

I'm a wee bit confused ... tried to figure out if it was a kiddie-free weekend... last night I worked out that I had the kids that weekend... just now I worked out that I'm kiddie-free...

...and I dunno which one of me is correct?

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Wow dec is going to be awesome with both earthcore/woodford and a week. Then a week in byron mid jan for a mates birthday.

Shall be at earthcore with bells on biggrin

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
got my tickets - YEA! Draggin my bro along for sum fun! I cant wait! sending him to a car auction 2moro to get a car so we r mobile. bring on dec!!!!
whats woodford?

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
Woodford Folk Festival

you'll ubblove it... bit more $$ than earthcore (actually a LOT more), but it's a week of very diverse entertainment/workshops etc...

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

ye, me too ed... especially after earthdance...

I'm a wee bit confused ... tried to figure out if it was a kiddie-free weekend... last night I worked out that I had the kids that weekend... just now I worked out that I'm kiddie-free...

...and I dunno which one of me is correct?

Nah there are kids there. Psy-loving kids!

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
hey psy... I didn't care whether other people's kids were going to be there... I just don't wanna take mine!!! tongue

but it's all good.. kiddie-free that w/end, so I'm in...

sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
wow woodford looks great too! I wonder it about it for new years eve...hmm... i need a payrise!! lol is it 24hr music? good dancing?
oh no, you have no kids for earthcore? i'll watch out 4 the loose lad!! ;o)

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
who you calling loose? tongue

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I will be putting up a thread for Woodford tonight...

when I get back from the day job. W'ford is very different to Earthcore... which is small, entirely outdoors and basically a 'doof' with some live acts and a couple of stalls. WFF is a major arts festival over 6 days, lots of huge indoor venues and a whole village of cafes and galleries and stuff. Lots of everything.. film, cabaret, tons for kids, etcetc...good dancing, but about the only type of music NOT there is psytrance/doof... tried it for a few years but it wasn't popular and there are other places for people who like doof to go.. like Earthcore!

What Woodford DOES have that is most relevance here though is Circadia, a venue devoted to spinning/twirling/circussy stuff... ...augh, I may as welljust go and make the thread!@ * makes self go to day job first* wink

And Lex, to answer your question.. no, I not planning on going to Earthcore this year

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Woop! getting flown up to perform with Majex at E.core QLD this year. keep your eyes open for the pyrotech finale....

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
nice!! will keep an eye out for sure... biggrin

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
i'd go, but i've got a visitor over that time of year... and i don't think she'd appreciate if i brought her out camping at a doof wink

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
This is going to be sooo good ! biggrin