Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > help me do moves behind my back

Login/Join to Participate

postingalwayspostingBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
i can do them without either hitting myself/tangling the poi confused i dont know if its the poi i am using (light pois with long tails) or the way i am doing it. The problem is i cant do most of the tricks as the involve stuff behind your back.... any tips/better poi etc etc thanks hug ubbangel

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
mmm, I struggle every time the poi is behind me too... frown which means of course, that I'm of absolutely no help to you, whatsoever...

lotsa hitting myself... planes all screwy, always offline... silly poi

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ficklampaBRONZE Member
81 posts

Posted:
do plain exercises with one poi.
allso try to do the 3 bt weave btb with one poi and learning it with both left and right hand.
that's about all that i can think off.

the only thing worth dying for is life itself

postingalwayspostingBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
thanks ficklampa i started with one poi doing two circles (in front of me) then doing one behind my back - sucess bounce then i moved onto both in front of me doing circles then atfer three losing one behind my back and back for three then losing the opposite one, woo hooo smile oh and now i can do the butterfly (another tricky one for me) kinda learnt that by accident lol ubbtickled next is to learn the weave..... just ordered some socks from here too, maybe they will help me do better stuff.... i live in hope rolleyes

pixiejesterGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
Does learning under the legs butterfly help with learning btb butterfly? And is it better to go from a btb butterfly in to a btb weave? And can anyone give any adive on the btb waeve, dont you have to turn you shoulders alot as your hands come to your sides?

It could be worse - we could all have normal jobs.

If nobodies perfect, then I'm nobody.