EledBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
i recieved my first set of poi last week, these are poipoi cobra's.....and i'm in love! they look and feel amazing to spin (definately a bit of a workout!!) i've been learning moves from the poipoi tuition just wondering if anyone else has checked out these videos???? as they seem to be the clearest i've found.... can anyone suggest any other sites that are any better i've already checked out spherculism but am having trouble viewing anything

I feel welcome already!!!!

eled

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
I have a list of various links in my profile here on HoP, as well as a more focused tutorial link list on Tribe.net:

https://oregon.tribe.net/template/pub%2Coc%2CDetail.vm?plugin=links&inst=8264194

Enjoy,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
wavehello

Clicky Clicky

hug weavesmiley biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

shootingstarnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi I'm new to HOP too. Thanks for the poipoi tutorials link, Eled - that's really useful. I've learned loads of moves from a book I have but seeing them on video can really make the difference for some of the moves.

eatyourbiscuitBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
i too just recieved a new set of black and red cobras, never had ones with tails before.... i found it useful to watch as many poi vids on www.youtube.com as i could, half of them are balls but some of them are really excellent to learn from...out of interest has any one tried airwraps with cobras ? i cant get them to work but maybe im just being crap at it (and yes i can do them with my other poi with no tails :P )

"...be all that you can be, just as long as you are free..."

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
a lot of the tutorials on poipoi arnt there unfortunately. I though my poipoi cobra 2 were crap personally. The clasp kept on coming undone and the heads fell off. Far easier with strings or some nylon handels with O link from here

MuskelungeGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
Airwraps just don't seem to work very well with tailed poi. I think it's that the air resistance makes the poi slow down too much in the middle of the hyperloop.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.