Page:
fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
just wondering if anyone has tryed it yet weavesmiley weavesmiley confused ubbloco ubbloco beerchug

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
to my mind..

being a turning motion, and in that it doesn't matter which way you lead (under arm or over), please explain

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
so how this works is that you start with a butterfly in front of you at head level drop your hands down extended on either side of you until you meet up again still in front of you at foot level now here's the tricky part switch sides so that your doing an under hand butterfly at foot level now just revers everything i just said good luck ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco peace
EDITED_BY: fire puppy (1154890409)

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
I recently spent a lot of time thinking about antispin in relation to butterfly weaves...and got nowhere lol. A butterfly weave is made up of a forwards weave in one hand and a backwards weave in the other, which would normally mean that the hand going backwards crosses underneath the other and the hand going forwards crosses over the other. However, this can't happen at the same time because it doesn't allow you to uncross your arms. So I've been doing it like this...

With my right poi going forwards and the left one going backwards, I've been doing the hand movements for a forwards weave. So each hand crosses over the other, regardless of the direction of spin. If I turn with this I end up with the hand movements from a backwards weave, crossing under the other arm.

So it seems to me that a butterfly weave (if that is what I've just described) is a normal weave with one hand antispun due to the poi being reversed...if that makes sense...if you are crossing over-arm and the poi is going backwards that's antispin.

So does a butterfly weave inevitably involve antispin or am I doing something weird?

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
nope, you're bang on tom.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tom_Shill

So does a butterfly weave inevitably involve antispin or am I doing something weird?

i'm pretty certain that's right.

However, fire puppy isn't talking about anti bfly weaves

He's talking about spinning opposite direction circles in an extended antispin pattern

i'd probably call it - "antispin circles in butterfly" or "antispin butterfly circles" or maybe just "antispin butterfly"

looks very pretty too smile

Fire puppy - have you tried it split time? So they 'meet up' at the sides, rather than the top and bottom?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
And then there's that beautiful little pattern in Yuta's video at 4 min 38 sec. involving butterfly's and antispin. Do an extended antispin circle with one hand first, and stretch your body out in that direction. When that poi makes it back to the centre, do the other hand and stretch out in that direction too.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
yeah yuta is a bad @ss and yes it is an anti spin butterfly flower but you switch from side to side like a butterfly weave
you lock out and reconnect lower or higher depending if you are under hand or over hand you can do it split time but it lokks better same time. I think

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
thank you simian if I split time it like I'm threading the needle my hand motions keep a kosher weave motion it dose exist i should have pics tonight if all stays good

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
there are some pics in my gallery labled asbw

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Cheers cole and simian hug, will have to figure out these antispin circle jobbies.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Nice one Tom + Cole, I've just nailed reverse butterfly weave! hug

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
so i have some better pics of it now in my gallery if any wants to see go ahead and drop a comment

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Could you put a video up fire puppy? I can't figure out what it should look like!

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
I have to get a new usb cord for my cam but it should not be to long whats your main question

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
did you look at the pics tom?

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah I looked at the pics, looks cool but I still can't work out what's actually happening. So you do an inwards butterfly at 12 o'clock, drop your arms to 9 and 3 o'clock for a beat, then drop them so they meet at 6 o'clock. But what happens then? Do you turn and then bring them back up the other side, then turn around at 12 o'clock etc? Sorry if I'm just being painfully slow on the uptake! smile

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
yeah you got it tom and remember to keep threading motion on the transition if you can keep it clean it looks great

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
it helps to make the 6 oclock at waist level

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
Its fun to do them realy small too weeeeeeeee

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
I am actually experimenting with ttn weaves. Very fun. As for the butterfly weave, i can turn in circles and maintain the butterfly, but i like the ttn weave much more, it involved alot of movement and you can add some sexy lock outs in the middle smile

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
cool then tis move should come easy to ya have fun

addict
567 posts

Posted:
learned a pretty rad combo, ttn weave to a plane breaker to reverse weave. When doing the ttn, plane breaks are extremely easy.

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Is a plane breaker just like a 90 degre turn where the planes turn with you rather than you turning within the planes?

addict
567 posts

Posted:
technically, a plane breaker does not require a 90 degree turn. Its just that, with a turn combined with the plane breaker, it isnt noticed well. A plane breaker is switching the spin of the poi from foward to reverse, or reverse to foward without a stall. It easily combines weaves and butterflies, beautifuly, if done correctly.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
yep you guys are breaking this move down to its atoms. ok now I want to see some pics come on you can do it lol

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
blah blah blah yadayada

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
What good would pictures do? So far the text in this thread has made perfect sense. We're talking about combining extended circles with a BF weave, just using antispin in the extensions that's all.

And now it has atoms in it ??? wink Maybe it's more complicated than I thought.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

didnt read much more than toms post and simians and coles, but i been looking at it and it goes a little something like this.

if you think of weave patterns as flower patterns compressed to a point (its just a way of thinking, dont get pedantic on me) then a normall butterlf weave is done with a normall butterfly flower motion, therefore, to get an antispin bf weave you make the antispin flower motions, you are still forcing the poi against the circle.

like anti'weaves are basically small three petal anti flowers in front of you, (i.e at your sides, but infront of the body, the petals dont go behind you... a little confusing, ihope you understand) so is the ani-bf weave is three small pettals, but in butterfly...

oh, should be split time bufly weave too....

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the only problem being, i don't know how to weave with my hands going in opposite directions...

on compressing a bf flower you get one hand doing antispin by doing a backwards circle and weaving it using 'under-over-back' and then with your other poi you need to do a forwards circle and over-under-back to get antispin petals.

this does not compute.

a bf weave has one hand antispin, one normal spin and that holds whether you expand it or not.

in terms of compressed flowers, a bf weave is a compressed version of a goofy flower: same direction split-time arms, opposite direction split-time poi (with added weave crossovers of course) smile

if you are doing an antispin bf flower compressed in front of you (opposite direction arms, the other opposite direction poi), you must be doing something other than normal weave motion with your arms...

i'm not denying that possible to do a 'bf weave' that's totally antispun, but i am saying that the arm motions would not conform to the normal definition of what constitutes a weave.

whatever, i'd very much like to see it ubbangel

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Am I missing something here? In order to be called a weave, don't the poi have to cross your body? If so, then how can a flower be called a weave ?

Page: