Forums > Social Chat > Congrats to Tampa: Superbowl Champs

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well it certainly was an exciting end to an exciting football season here in America. Once again the immovable object stopped the unstoppable force.

Some might say that it was again a four man dominating defensive line that allowed nickle and dime coverage to pick apart Oakland's offense but we all know the truth:

Cassandra is in Tampa and she's magic.

(But the commercials were kinda lame again this year, no?)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
yeah they were, again, but oh well. I think the add wizards have given up trying to "wow" us, we're already hooked and thus not that important.

I was kind of hopeing that Oakland would win, for no reason really, I'm not much of a fan of either team. Good to see Brad Johnson get some success, though I wonder why he couldn't do that when he was here in mn.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Sorry. That's the first football game I ever watched the whole way through. Even the high school games that I perform at I don't pay attention to.

Those interseptions were frikin' AMAZING!! Wow. Good calls made by the officials.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
yeah, first game I've watched all the way thru for a loong time too..Watching tampa makes me wonder what football will be like in 5 or ten years, perhaps when cybernetic enhancements will be allowed by the league, when salaries are paid by megacorporations who sponsor athletes to showcase new body 'modifications'. super ball..

Oh yeah, n the Reebok commercial with the Linebacker company 'motivator' was hilarious, my vote for the best..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I watched the game from a hotel room in Tallinn, Estonia.

The commentary in Estonian was tough to follow, but the game was fun.

I love to watch a defense shut down an offense like that.

Besides, who wouldn't enjoy the first all-pirate super bowl??

arrr!

Raph

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEY
it is madness in Tampa right now...
BOY Inever thought I would enjoy superbowl soooo much

GO BUCS

what on earth is happening to me ???

Shibaki is probably pouring some weird things into my beverages to turn me into a bucs fan...

Commercials were not so good i agree NYC, except for teh Budweisers ones I guess (the one with the rasta puppy on the head )

48 to 21 WAHOOOOOOHEY

shine on
Cassandra , Bucs fan

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
this was the first full game i caught this year and im so thankful that it was worthwhile. last year was a totally disappointing game - i wasnt excited by it at all.

im still trying to get over the fact that we went to the superbowl let alone won it. we are the bucs... arent we supposed to choke in the playoffs like it was our first game? ah well, no worries!!!!!!!!!!!

cass deario, just plain pure football madness, nothing in your drink or food except extra chillies hidden in the thai curry

way to go BUCS

Wow

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man, i can't believe it... when i was growing up in tampa the bucs couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Liquid Prodigymember
7 posts

Posted:
I live a few minutes away from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa…it’s been straight madness everywhere you turn.

GO BUCS!!!

Shibaki- is that you, Jeff?

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I remember when they used to call them the Yuckaneers.

Orange and white uniforms...

Its nice to see such a change.

Raph

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I dunno Shibaki, last year's superbowl was pretty darn good. I know it didn't involve the Bucs but a 48 yard field goal to win with time running out is just about as good as superbowls get. And I don't even like New England.

"Cassandra , Bucs fan"!
We've got the kid rooting for football! Damn. Soon she'll be buying a SUV and burping the national anthem after downing a Budweiser.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
superbowl isn't telivised in Australia
least we got rugby and cricket