Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > ***Falmouth 6!!!!!***(not really in Falmouth again!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Falmouth 6...14th-17th September

Okay, well wiki is up here now for you all to add your details to please!

All you have to do is press "edit this page" add whatever details you want to the various lists.

My number: 07795294151

To be used incase of emergency/queries/lift from station etc.

Cheers! biggrin

www.gwithianfarm.co.uk

Gwithian Surf Report

EDITED_BY: maus (1156335492)

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I think it's a great idea. Workshops provide a really good context to meet / get chatting to people, and they also create a structure for the meet, which means it feels like more happened and you learnt more when you get to the end of it. Give us a date and I'll pencil it into my diary wink

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
I can kind of see what people mean about social circles, but i really think it also has a lot to do with location and what events you go to... Now, so many UK meets are really really big, and you just can't expect to meet and have a decent conversation with everyone. you need more time for that. it's really ambitious to go to a meet with say 500 people like Play and think you will go home knowing the name and vital statistics of everyone of them. even though Falmouth (gwithian) was a lot smaller, it's still a not very long period of time to get to know a relatively large number of people... so give it a chance, generally HoPpers are the most open and friendly people i've ever met, and although we might know each other through the forum and whatever, actually meeting people is completely different...

i also think if this "HoP celeb" idea could be removed from people's heads, it would be easier for everybody, at the end of the day we're all just people who like spinning. grouphug

i don't know if that's an explanation or what, but i do know my brain was already on the verge of crashing after the first night, and it doesn't work weekends... biggrin

and yay! mr widd, you have beach, i come biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
cheers all, it was brilliant to meet loadsa spinners just down the road from me. and was very sad i had to dissappear super early on sunday, my lift told me i had to go NOW just after i woke up and that was that, not even time for goodbyes, so goodbye all!!
cheers mr widd, a pleasure to watch you spin and cheers for you and company for being sociable.
cheers chris, i'll work out something silly with a traffic cone for next time i see you.
cheers matt for getting me stoned as smile
cheers louise for the seemingly constant use of your doubles, see you in camborne soon (i'm up at CC tuesday for a tour - student bar, middayish?)
nate for doubles lessons, ta very much.
err, local people i'll see you soon so i won't thankyou here.
bob and sara, see you soon in london, and no thanks to you bob, teaching toby matrix - really not on, i'm gonna lose £30! wink
and generally cheers to everyone, great weekend. and if anyones coming down on holiday, pm me and i'll do more special sundances - (but maybe not 3 a day, for a week this time!)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

Cantus for not being too miffed at me not remembering who you are - you rock dude

Rock might be an over statement. I remember swaying quite often. And i fell off a hill at one point....

I'm just glad you didn't get as cross as that Chutney chap did when i was critical about them flashy things wink hug

Written by: idancelikeatwatme

if any red,green or blue plastic pegs were found, they were more than likely from me...some were passed on to others, mainly steaks, for use though. that guy has amazingly good technique! cantus however, does not!

Is it because I tend to say things like "can you hold still and look over there? I'm just trying to peg you..."

I can imagine that sort of thing might give me away wink

Written by: =Flashpoint=

the only arrogant git I know is Cantus

Now are you confusing me being thinner/better looking/generally nicer than you with arrogance?
biggrin

Meh

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
i can't do isolations either biggrin

i really enjoyed myself, i can understand people's criticisims but as it was my first falmouth i didnt have super high expectations.

the only thing that censored me off were the seagulls.

They pooed on my tent and dive bombed it to get to the daddy long legs angry rolleyes

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
That was an excellent weekend! Very chilled out, just what I needed. Only sorry I missed Friday night on the beach due to, um, overindulging shall we say, during the day and passing out in my tent redface

many many thanks to: maus for organising things (will make an effort to say hello properly next time rather than just wordlessly handing over money for firewood and wandering off again), asena and freya for keeping me entertained and on a sugar rush during the journeys, anyone who gave me advise on getting the 5-beat weave and not laughing too much when I caught myself right where I didn't want to, mags for everything he did and introducing me to ultimate frisbee (still a bit sore from that), Non for being the first person ever to peg me, anyone who entertained me with music and everyone for giving me ideas on what I can do next and being pretty gosh darned cool all round

hug hug hug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
im probably of the same opinions as twat dancer, but the atmosphere around the fire at night WAS amazing.

Just thought id mention, the henna workshop was good!

oh and after leaving on sunday (looking sad) it was good to see a play t-shirt walk past as we had lunch in Padstow mr durbs!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm usually quite animal loving and wouldn't even hurt a fly but the about of daddy long legs was ridiculous you'd think they had a group booking at the campsite as well...

Monserat, hope you enjoyed the peanut butter I brought especialluy for you(!) tongue

A few pics uploaded to my gallery...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Neon, yes I did! thank you! knew I'd forget someone in that list. What was that stuff called and where do you get it??

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Well doesnt Mags sound like he had fun wink tongue

Personally i had a great weekend, not the best of "falmouth meets" by far, but then to be fair it does have a lot to live up to for all you old skoolers - change is a must in some respects as "the norm" will always start to get boring. If you notice, all of the people that have been to lots of falmouths thought it "so so," where as all the new kids on the block loved it smile go figure wink

The only problem i found was it was tooo short, i have usually had a good 5 days to enjoy down that way this time it was 2 - and when you stay up until the sun comes up it kinda makes you miss out on the day time rolleyes still - im very much a nocturnal creature wink ubblol

Im a bit miffed by the conversation about "newbies being shite" where did that come from Durbs - who had the conversation?

I remember a conversation with mags, myself and you where it was mentioned that the level of spinning here was not as high as previous meets due to all the "old skool slackers" that didnt make it and it was suggested that there should be a "over 2000 posts only meet" to raise the standerd ubblol it was clearley just an observation and a joke............ id be sad to hear if it was this that put linda off........... frown

Still, on a brighter note - the weaher was super sweeet, the people i saw always looked happy....... and just for the record, Hyperlight and Chutney would make a great couple wink

No more falmouth...........pfft as if ubbloco

grouphug

(PS to brighten this post up even more - i have just had delivered a prototype aerotech ultimate staff for a good testing! biggrin - ill be bringing it to bistol!)
EDITED_BY: strugz (1158658270)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's just called 'WholeEarth Crunchy Peanut butter' you can get it from most supermarkets and healthfood shops now. Some supermarkets even do their own brand of Wholenut Crunchy Peanut butter. Shop around!

Was making peanutbutter and/or jam sandwichs in the car on the way down! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Well, slightly more awake now so I'll say some proper thanyou's! biggrin

I had a blinding weekend, biggrin for all the other people that had a good time, and frown for all the people that didn't have such a good time, hopefully all enjoyed some of it though.

Thanks to all of those that carried/chopped/burnt wood etc, Mags and Jake especially need a big hug and kiss for that. smile

Thanks to all the people that ran any of the workshops, was very sad to have missed the henna one especially, but what I saw of it looked great!

Massive thanks to Gayle who not only cleaned up the campsite once, but 3 times I believe, and had to deal with the campsite owner the morning you left. Couldn't get through to him last night, but will try again tomorrow. smile hug kiss You rock missus!

Thanks to Skully for the amazing badges, ubblove they all looked great, only wish you could've been there to hand them out yourself! hug

Thanks to Chris I think for the laughing gas on the friday night! wink

Thanks to Garthy for the banana! smile ubblol hug

Thanks to Strugz for nothing!!! Glad to see you're at work today! ubblol ya big gay! ubblol

Thanks to Nate for standing in front of me wobbling and talking crap for about 30 mins on the saturday night! ubblol You sir are very funny when you're drunk! hug

Thanks to Stroo...for the same! ubblol

Thanks to soooooo many other people, all the pings, the pongs, the hugs, the kisses, the drunken conversations.

Thankyou all for making the effort to come all of the way down here.

I was a wreck all weekend! But its how I aimed to be and exactly what I needed!

ubblove you all very much ya bunch of stinkin hippies! wink

grouphug

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

'WholeEarth Crunchy Peanut butter'

Ah, a man with taste.. I can't stand any other kind of peanut butter now. I could eat whole-earth by the jar though! biggrin

Written by: strugz

For the record, Hyperlight and Chutney would make a great couple wink

I hold Chutney entirely responsible for the reputation we appear to have gained... Just wait 'till I get him home! ...oh dear redface rolleyes

Cake or Death?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Jon, I'm often to be found with a jar of WholeEarth and a spoon. If no spoon, my index finger will suffice...

C'mon! As much as it pains me to say, you two are perfect for each other. You're like Lenny and Karl from 'The Simpsons'.

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Even though no one intends to appear cliquey, it does appear that way to those who aren't in the thick of it. Aside from asking for tips, how can an outsider possibly break the ice? Spinning is usually what we all have in common but how can one discern how to carry the initial 'how are you?'/'who are you on HOP'/'How can I do this?' into something that can carry into a social conversation?

Established HOPpers can also be seen as the equivalent of celebrities so someone who has never met a particular HOPper can feel a bit star-struck and slightly conscious about trying not to appear too sycophantic.

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend.
Due to my eagerness to learn so much, i have watched the same few people pop up in different videos and conversations, and i have learnt a huge amount from them, but never met them.
This was my first big hop meet, and to see 4 or 5 of them (i wont mention names) pop up on the wiki, was really good.
Unfortunately i only managed to / had the guts to speak to one, and im normally a very confident person.

i think as far as people being too intimidated to spin, its probably partly to do with the fact that those people are going to be watching.

I dont personally feel its avoidable, however, as has been said before, workshops are a fantastic icebreaker.

Cant wait for the next event, im gonna jump on every hopper and force them to have a conversation against thier will biggrin

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sketch

Cant wait for the next event, im gonna jump on every hopper and force them to have a conversation against thier will biggrin

Challenge accepted!!
devil angry

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
hah! dont pull the angry face matthew!

you know you'd love to be jumped on! rolleyes ubblol

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:

... workshops are a fantastic icebreaker.

Quite. I really liked the workshop-orientatedness of Play. Like meeting Kev in the body popping workshop, since he was one of the first people I'd seen doing double-LED-staff at a Glastonbury years ago. Great to eventually talk to him biggrin

Ohhh I'm so up for that, hehehehehe biggrin ubblol

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
umm Have I not told you before, and run the guilt trip before? Its 2 t's dammit! MATTHEW! angry

And as for the "jumping on", what we do in our own time is not for here Freya wink

But Chutney and Jon do make a lovely couple smile

Its the way Chutney so willingly defends Jon and his Hyperlights to the very last. Tis sweet tongue

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
mmmm Chuntney and Jon *dribble* xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*Pulls up a seat next to Vixen*

Want some popcorn Vix? It was good to finally talk to you properly... Need more oogling partners smile Though you will do very nicely... biggrin

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah it was wicked - you give very nice hugs! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i prefer to ogle alone. it's great being able to ogle everybody!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
p.s. vix...i'm guessing he gave you the best hugs so that he could get closer to your boobs....dave is the only gay man i know who likes boobs more than straight guys. biggrin

it was very nice to meet you aswell, i love the way you even pulled your avatar face so that i may recognise you easier!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
On that note, maybe it should be jumping on every hopper and forcing them into the jelly wrestling paddling pool against their will.....
hmmmmm, that may get too messy... ummm....

Nate, where are you, you drunkard? ive just seen your facial pegging picture, classic!

Freya! i remember being introduced to you but never got chance to chat, will do next time *eats cake*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
IDLATM: I was gracious enough to leave boob shots out of the gallery pic of Vix! As I've said, I don't have them, I'll never get to play with them. Call it boob envy...

Sketch - depends on if the jelly is vegetarian... How about Nutella wresting?? biggrin Have it with cake with Freya afterwards devil

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
Nuttella wrestling, genius!
actually, we need to invite flame boy to the cake eating also, considering thats what he lived on all weekend!

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
i like the idea of KJ wresting though, can i play that on my own?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Can I not wrestle him in Nutella as well? I'll clean up afterward... rolleyes

We definitely need to feed him more cake! That boy managed to put away an extra large Burger King meal and was ready for a KFC on the journey back to Liverpool!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
KJ? or perhaps you meant KY?

umm

Page: ......