MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So yesterday I left the hospital, sorta half-drowned my way through swim practice, and then went home. I was asleep by 2 PM.

Other than getting up to pee a few times, I woke up at 6AM. 18 hours later. I noted hunger a few times in this, but was too sleepy to get up and get food.

The funny part is that when my alarm went off this morning and ended my 18-hour slumber, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

I'm sure there's another full day of sleep in there before I've even scratched the surface of my accumulated sleep debt.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Ahh, sleep debt, would an annoying little thing.

However, Doc, isn't there such a thing as over sleeping?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
"However, Doc, isn't there such a thing as over sleeping?"

If there is, I don't want to know about it. *goes back to bed*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No, you can't over-sleep because when your sleep debt goes to zero, you wake up.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
FRD: you're just lazy :P nah, much love!

Doc: ahh, ok... so it's just one of those old wives tales, cool

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

No, you can't over-sleep because when your sleep debt goes to zero, you wake up.

Ahh the always scientific "sleep debt"... but are you accounting for 20% interest?

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Doc

umm

you sure?

Usually when my sleep debt reaches zero and I wake up, I turn over and go back to sleep wink

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
clap wooooooooooo a subject i know a bit about ubblol

ok, i started a course today and had to be there for 9am, due to travleing and the need for a shower, breakfast etc i was up at 0650am...................the only thing was i could not get to sleep until 4ameek

my concentration is shot, i would look up an answer for a pre-test and before i'd closed the book and put pen to paper i'd toatlly forgotten what i'd just read.......and the question ubblol

i must of come accross as a total dumbass today

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

i must of come accross as a total dumbass today

What's your excuse the rest of the time?

tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
I've been working off of 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night on average for over a year now, for various reasons. I've reached an interesting level which seems to be true full-bore exhaustion... There's points where my body just gives up on me, muscles just turn to jello and the mind begins to dream while still awake. Interesting experience, I don't recommend trying it.

Back when I had the timeframes to cope better, I'd go for about 4 days straight being awake, then sleep for between 12 and 20+ hours, then wake up and have a weekend. I loved those days, I think that was a prime schedule for everything. I had the strongest lucid dreams, and things that can be obtained from lucid dreams, at that point.

As far as my schedule now, I think I've pretty much reached a breaking point.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
I ended up quitting a job through exhaustion. My days would consist of this:Get up 4 am, shower and change out of yesterdays clothes, do the stuff I needed to do, work from 7 am until 7 pm, get home around 8 pm, fall asleep, be woken by my mum for some tea, fall asleep again....then back to the beginning.
I always ended up sleeping in the clothes I had worn all day as I was asleep before I could think about changing in the evenings. I did this 6 days a week for 10 months before calling it quits......all for less than £1 an hour as well!

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena