Page: ...
inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Scottish Invasion 2006,

18th - 20th August, Inverness

Sorry guys I deleted this thread in a fit of madness, but ti is still all go, PLEASE let us know if you wanna come so we can get the site booked asap.

EDITED_BY: Sunbird (1158249201)

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Yeah, then you just get midges!

ubblol

But anyway, midges aside. MEEEE!
July/ August better for me though. But not the weekend of 7th July cos I shall be in a hot and dusty field laughing at men in armour complaining about it being hot when they chose to wear several layers of wool and some shiny metal plates. Fools.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ooooooooh.... smile smile smile

Can we go and see the Loch Ness monster? Can we? Can we?

bounce2

Scottish invasion sounds like a great plan to me. There's quite a lot happening already in the summer, so I'll have to see how money and time off work goes.

Fingers & toes crossed I'll be able to make it!

ubbrollsmile

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Sunbird, how can you invade scotland if you already live there? confused

I quite fancy a trek northwards. Could be a laff.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
That's a damn long way north for you Mags!! Could you go that far on your motorbike (do you still have it?)

Let's relight this forum ubblove

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I suppose we could do Ness, great backdrop and all, hmmm, I am looking at places today, was thinking of Doonhill Homestead (near Dunbar) or Hanging Rock Caves (Near North Berwick) if the favourite vote is the Highlands then it'll need to be relatively easy to get to and away from rangers eyes lol smile somewhere like Cullerie Stone Circle but I'm sure there's an area around the Nessies lair wink

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Lol, I had to invade Scotland to get here, I'm a Southerner (apparently they call me a saxon (sassanach) cos I'm English) lol, even my nan, who was Scottish called us that smile

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Nah, had to sell the bike in the 2nd year to pay my rent. ubblol Shame.

I'll cadge a lift off someone. Or hitch it. No worries. biggrin

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Yay, that's 5:

Birgit
Sunbird (duh)
KatP
Helz Bellz
Mags

you too Dunc?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Me? Did I say I'd go??? tongue

if time and Unilever allows I will...

Let's pick a weekend then.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
You TOLD me not to do it when you are away tongue kiss

Right, so, Birgit will be in England for up to 2 months this Summer so she'll be needing to book a weekend off to come back up for it. OK, so can everyone please pick a weekend smile let's get this going biggrin

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
DOH! I should have given a list of dates, weekends are friday to Sunday:

July: 7th - 9th, 14th - 16th, 21st - 23rd, 28th - 30th
August: 4th - 6th, 11th - 13th, 18th - 20th, 25th - 27th
or at a push September: 1st - 3rd

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Not 7th July.
Otherwise need to check when school goes back cos would be pants having to go to work on the Monday!

If youth hostels were an option this place is really cool, a bit north of Inverness. They do pretty good dinners too!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey Kat smile hug

OK, i like the look of it, but I was thinking more a cmaping event, plus a lot of places like that are no fire policy frown But I'll look into prices and whether we can have fire there anyway in case people want cosy smile

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I think I can make most, but leave the Ueber-one and anything around the EJC out smile Maybe middle/end of August would be best?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
oh. i see. wait til i leave why don't you!

grrrrrrrrrrr

ubbcrying

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Bluecat, when are you leaving?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Strugz is that you in?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Come to inverness! Please! (i'm begging you here!)
Lovely wee city on a river - haggis for all! got perfect place for fire fun!

come come come to me my pretties!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
No i think its just him randomly smiling actually!!

Hmmmm.....trip to Scotland sounds like it may be fun, although will only be possible for me at the end of august.

Do Scottish people like being painted? ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubbrollsmile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Maus - i'll go ask the locals lol

ah there was a mel gibson lookalike shouting freedom til he was blue in the face, so i suppose that was a yes ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Inverness sounds good to me smile Are there any good campsites around, Tinkles, and how tolerant are people for fire?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Maus: the meaining for the word Scot is Painted Warrior apparently biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
**rubs hands**

biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Yep that be me in smile

Sorry - using words just seems like hard work today ubblol

Bluecat - frown

You will be in much nicer place anyhow dude, Besides, you can PLAY with us all at PLAY - speaking of which can you pm me your address biggrin

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
A nicer place than where I am? Never! ubblol

Can't make PLAY cause I'll be in Germany frown

I'll just be cheeky now and narrow it down to 2 weekends:

18th-20th August
or
25th-27th August

(G.W. Dahlquist)

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
I can't make Play cos I'll be in Germany aswell!

Are you going to Hurricane?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Nah, to my mum's 60th birthday... not quite the same ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
https://www.invernesscaravanpark.com/caravan_park_campsite_inverness.htm
there's the main campsite that i know about in town, well a mile from the centre anyway.
if you enlarge the map on this site, you'll see the bught playing fields where I'm sure you'll be allowed fire as this is where they hold the annual fireworks display (in which i did my thing with 10,000 spectators whoohoo lol)
If ya get a telling off, just walk across to the other side of the river to the ness islands - its pretty secluded there, plus me and nx got away with spinning there saturday lol

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
ok then, dates for Invasion Scotland will be either:

18th-20th August
or
25th-27th August

I'm no good at putting my foot down on a date cos I hate excluding anyone from things I run, so I am going with Birgit's dates, thanks Babe kiss

TinklePantes: I like the campsite and it's cheap too, does anyone mind paying a little bit for camping or should I look for a wilderness spot? would people prefer to be away from towns? let's get a vote going, Strugz, send a rollsmile for wilderness, a cool for town or a loco for not bothered wink

The campsite prices are:1 man tent per night £5.00
additional person (per tent) per night £4.00
2 man tent per night £9.00
3 man tent per night £13.00
4 person tent per night £17.00
Caravans, Family Tent /motor homes
(includes 1 vehicle under 16 ft & 4 in party) per night £12.00
Small Tent with Motor Vehicle (1-2 people) per night £10.00
Large Camping Buses per night £80.00

Miscellaneous Facilities
Extra (Non Commercial) Vehicle per night £3.00
Charge for Vehicles +16ft in length per night £12.00
Laundry Facility per wash £3.00
Drying Facility per dry £3.00
Electrical Hookup per night £2.50
Pet Charges (per dog) per night £1.00
Reharge Battery (per item - £1.00) overnight £2.00
Extra Person Charge per night £4.00
Internet Charges (second hour £1.50) per hour £2.00

Page: ...