Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I've already found an alternative that'll let me broadcast on 3 channels legally (link). Only problem is it'll cost me about £20 per listener (£1000 for the 50 I'm aiming for), unless I can get someone at Philips to sell me seperate parts/give me some money back on bits I don't need.

I guess I could still use the other transmitter I've got for people who want to bring their own radios.

I want to get some nice big speakers too, so I can play that track really loud just before we have to turn them off wink

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

Strugz you are in big big trouble boy!
You promised!

What do I see in the workshop section? Me flat on my back with my legs up in the air big bum on display!! No no bad!
Naughty strugz! spank

he he, that was me actually. ubbrollsmile
it's your own fault for being able to do a bunch of cool tricks with your feet.
smile

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I made strugz promise to not alow you to put that in tongue

Also another 2 second clip of me wearing a big bow tie on my head watching penny do tha 'butterfly...of DOOOOOM!' Brought back some lovely memories ubbrollsmile

DVD arrived in post this morning Dunc, so can give kierons back to him now biggrin
Hope everybody will be getting theres too smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ohhh, does that mean mine might be at home?? :excitedtohavearealcopy:

Gayle.....!

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
I got my DVD this morning too! biggrin

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
YO... anyone lost some huge tube wicked fire poi? where can i let people know?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
So I wrote to the post office at the beginning of the week. And I'm glad to see you're getting your mail because....

===================

Reply #1

Dear Mr Huxley

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent problems with postage and delivery of your parcels. We have recieved a number of recent complaints regarding this post box and have launched an investigation.

We will advise any updates to you as soon as possible

blah blah blah

Reply # 2

Mr Huxley

After our recent investigations into yours an others claims of lost postage from the post box situated at the corner of Dawley Road and Kingsland, it has been discovered that mail has not been collected from this post box for almost two weeks. We appologise for this error caused by an internal communication problem that have arisen during a re staffing exercise.
Please rest assured that all post has now been sent and we appologise for any inconvenience caused to yourself and the recipients of your mail.

=================

For f8cks sake shrug

So what they mean is "we sacked someone, we didn't tell the new guy to collect from this box and it got left. We don't really care and won't offer any compensation.
Sorry but thems the breaks, like it or lump it"

Well it's good to see that they're coming through now, and after all that wait it seems they've been sitting in the post box right by my bloody house! Arrrgh!

Still, turned out ok in the end I suppose, bloody royal mail spank

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
still haven't got mine frown

I'll keep waiting patiently tho! smile

Gayle.....!

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Has anyone heard anything about video footage of the World Record Attempt? I am sure some camcorder about. Would be see to see again. tongue

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

_KcGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Here is a small clip of the World Record Attempt taken by a freind. https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5241689643977921093

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Kc

Here is a small clip of the World Record Attempt taken by a freind. https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5241689643977921093

is there anyway you could stick the vid on www.yousendit.com??? wouldnt mind having this saved

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

Written by: _Kc

is there anyway you could stick the vid on www.yousendit.com??? wouldnt mind having this saved

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/
is all you need wink

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
or this
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2838/

or this
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1468/

or even this...
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2254/

I've heard that the last 2 are best biggrin

_KcGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Hi seye here is the yousendit link to download the World Record Attempt https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F0ABF7202EBAB19F

Kc

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
is there any more footage of the world record?
also is there footage of strugz crashing the van? ubblol because appearently im the only one that missed it frown
and where is the record in the guiness world records website?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I wastched the world record attempt yesterday from the top of the circus tent ubblove

But that's DVD 2006 footage and won't be about for some time yet. But rest assured it's absolutely magnificent to see so many fire spinners in one place biggrin ubbrollsmile *swoon*

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i knew i saw a monkey up there!

see i wasnt just seeing things wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It wasn't a monkey, it was Liamcircuslad as known on HoP, or, that bloke on stilts all weekend pretending to help the Bassline Circus Crew to anyone at play wink ubblol

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I still haven't had my DVD frown

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Thanks so much for the vid. Sure brings back happy memories! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Still no dvd frown smile................but i have watched it up in manchester before tobi ubblol rolleyes, and it was well worth the wait ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
frown If any one still doesn't have their DVD please email us and I'll sort it out. Next time we use DHL I swear! lol

Alice, I'll bring your copy with me to Bristol tomorrow hon hug

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Hey dunc wats on the dvd is it play 06?

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: CJ_Chuckles

Hey dunc wats on the dvd is it play 06?

I think a month after PLAY 2006 happend I think not!

DVD currently on sale is footage of 2005

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
howdy folks, i was just watching the world record attempt video link what was posted... lovely yes, BUT...

I happened to notice it's still labelled world record attempt... does anyone know if it actually is a world record yet?

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
guiness haven't confirmed it yet, or at least if they have I haven't been told about it but I don't seem to be able to get hold of Michael anymore, he's dissapeared frown

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
----------------------------BUMP---------------------

just wondering.............................who still has their wrist bands on??

mine's started to rip frown and it has no writing on it anymore

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Sadly mine had somehow lost all it's writing by the final day I was actually on site at PLAY. I took it off carefully and kept it 3 or 4 days later. I know K__ was still wearing hers for weeks after, Mico also I think.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Amy still has her's i had to take mine off after being 'lergic to the suncream frown the plastic made it worse frown i still have them though smile

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Mines still on, still with writing on, and dosn't look as if its going to come off any time soon! biggrin

Page: ......