Forums > Social Chat > Does anyone else here meditate?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I'm about to go off a bit in a direction that I think a lot of you will think is a bit out of character. This is because I don't normally share what happens during my meditations.

But this is different. I want to get some feedback from other people who meditate since something happened to me tonight (in fact, just a few minutes ago), that I don't quite know exactly how to digest. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has gotten to this place and, if so, if they can give me any hints as to how to get past it.

Tonight I was meditating when something very odd happened: just as I was finishing my breathing exercises, on the inside of my eyelids, I could suddenly see, quite clearly and in three dimensions, a cloud of particles swirl in to form a circular tunnel around me.

At the end of the tunnel was a round door that seemed to be blocked by a double curtain sort of thingie that kept swinging open and shut. When the curtain swung open, there was just blackness on the other side.

I tried to move forward in the tunnel, to get to the door and go through it, but I wouldn't budge. I don't know how long I kept trying to either move forward in the tunnel or slide the tunnel back around me, but suddenly, the whole thing just...vanished. I couldn't see the tunnel anymore, although sometimes the cloud out of which it had form would tease me over on the side of my vision.

Finally, I gave up, cutting my meditation short. None of my roommates meditate, so I honestly have no idea who to talk to about this.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
KNOW that you are safe Falloutboy and ya will be...
mail me if ya need to buddie

Other than that I feel....

EVERYONE IS RIGHT AT THEIR OWN LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING..

and although noone can profess that they know everything or that everything may be labelled, it is nice to share the knowledge that we do have for the advancement of everyone.
There is no right or wrong ...there just is.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Valura you mind if I pounce on you and give you a big and massive hugs with a big massive kiss on the cheek?

Yes?

Well regardless here they are just for you:

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
flid: with astral projection, you may be in a plane that you can't modify.

all the lucid dreams i've had i had complete control over. dreams are your minds projection, so you can bend them however youd like. it's all up to you.

with astral projection you can still be in the 'real' world, just without your body.

Valura: do you know if there are any energy points in your fingers? namely your left index finger?

i was meditating and i asked whether i should astral project or not, then waited.
in that finger there was this building of energy. it felt so strong that it was unpleasant. it felt like all my awareness was hyperfocused there and it freaked me out so i stopped.

any suggestions?

gaja

orangu-funking-tan

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by SickpuPpy:
Instead of trying to get to the door have you considerd relaxing when you get close to it?
No...but I will tonight...

-Mike

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Tranquility through meditation is the kind of goal that is more elusive the more you reach for it.

Raphael

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OOOHHHH fank u very much miss Drome thats berry nice of you...and one coming right back at yer!!!
Ilumanary Fairy... There are chakras in our hands and all the way up our fingers... it sounds like you may have the ability to use what we call a laser type of healing energy...thats why the feeling built up in your hands because the finger wasnt releasing the energy that was being placed there...you may use your mind and sight to do this... first of all dont be frightened of it...accept that this is happening and know that only love and healing energy may flow around you and FROM you at any time. Then concentrate on white light shooting out of your finger and soothing any 'mottled' looking energy that you may see around yourself or the subject, that you may be healing. It is important to remember to ask for healing energy to come from the highest form of love and the universal energy...because if you use your own energy you will not only depleat yourself of your energy...but you may 'taint' the energy that you are passing to the other person by your own sickness or something...Ask to be a clear and perfect channel. We want the purest form of energy when we heal.
Depending on the situation that needs healing, the light may either spread over the person or like laser force kinda 'zap em' in a specific place... but trust in your higher self and in the spirit of love that you are safe and that no harm will come to yourself or the person/pet that is being healed. If you find that the energy builds up to an uncomfertable level that you dont like go outside and put your hands on the ground and ground the energy out to mother earth...Lord knows that mother earth will use it...it may be that the energy is a little bit higher than what you are accoumstimed(sp) to and will take a little while to get used to...
See the funny thing is that a lot of people ask a question about a certian thing and when spirit see a chance to jump in and say "yeah thats a nice question but we will show you the most important stuff first," they then show you that you have healing abilitys... the reason is that they want so much to get through and show you the BIG CHEESE stuff, that when you, as a soul with free will, choose to open yourself up to energy they go.."WHOO HOO!!!" and show you stuff you can do....
Take it slow and learn how to heal with hands on healing and the astral travel...and nut out where you wanna go on your path...
When the student is ready the teacher will come.. so know this and be still.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
i dont really meditate myself but i'm a christian so i prey instead but you can also get visions ocationally depending on the reason of you prayers. if someone needs help with something they can't do themselves god may send you a visualization on what to do i always thought that was really cool

¿

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
MikeGinny (Lightning):
Are you a curriace (forgive my spelling) person it could represent that. My other suggestion is your tring to hard. when you go back to the vision. Relax, don't try and you will get were you meant to go in that vision.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
valura:

first: thanks for taking the time to write that

i wasn't scared of the energy. i felt it was good energy, just so much of it that the sensation was unpleasant. i've always thought i had natural healing abilities (it kinda runs in my family) but i haven't yet been able to see any energy.i think i need to meditate and practice more before trying to heal anything.

i messed up my knee biking and i'm on crutches now. could i heal that myself?? i guess it's up to me

orangu-funking-tan

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by tiamat_22580:
i dont really meditate myself but i'm a christian so i prey instead but you can also get visions ocationally depending on the reason of you prayers. if someone needs help with something they can't do themselves god may send you a visualization on what to do i always thought that was really cool
Prayer and meditation are really the same thing, at least they should be. My last girlfriend was a totally devout protestant and had some trouble with prayer, mostly the feeling that it was empty and she felt sometimes like it wasn't really making any diffirence. I sat sat her down and expained meditation to her, and I am happy to say that I had a big part in her (I can only think to discribe it as) eppiphany of spiritual growth and understanding.

Prayer should be a dialog, rather than a person talking at god. Does that make sense? And to have that kind of dialog, espeacially when you are seeking guidence in troubling times and situations, you really need to cultivate a spiritual environment of inner peace, and a sense of objectivity so that you can tell the diffirence between what god is trying to tell you as opposed to your own judgements biases.

I know most Christians are really warey of quote unquote "heathen" religions like bhuddism and taoism. But bear in mind that the founders of these religions never meant for them to become religions. They are much more useful if taken in the context of philosophy rather than religion, and you don't have the same stigma of ritual in philosophy. After all what is a philosophy but an idea. Ideas are flexible, and flow like water, while religions are rigid adn flow like a brick.

Since you are a Christian I would highly recommend that you read Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching. I have read both the bible and the tao more times than I can count and I have come to the conclusion that you can be a perfect Christian and a perfect Taoist and never once find conflict inbetween. If you read the tao in a Christian context you may find yourself understanding much better the actual nature of the teachings of Jesus Christ, rather than having the parable of the wheat and the tares regurgitated at you for umpteenth time.

"All things that are good are of God" (or "God works all things together for good") is a saying that is accepted by every Christian on the planet, because it is taught in the Bible. The Bible, however, is just one book. To think that God's answer to all things spiritual is contained in one book is not only unrealistic, it is illogcial to say the least. God is said to rule over all men, so he must have inspired people of all races in the manner that he wanted them to pray in. I don't think that it is a streach to think that there are godly practices even in "heathen" cultures, philosophies, and religions.

If you ever question if an idea unchristian simply test it against the teachings of Christ, and disregaurd what doesn't fit. If the whole idea makes you uneasy think of this way: Just because you might wear a pair of shoes that were made in China, doesn't make you chinese, or a communist. I hope that makes sense, and I hope that you don't think that I'm trying to attack your faith. Really I am only trying to strengthen it.

I promise studying other religions will make you a better christian.

[ 14. December 2002, 14:07: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Wow, I asked a simple question and started a two-page thread!

-Mike

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
-sickpuppy-

cheers, mate

i don't have too much time, as I'm playin' Worms Armageddon, but yeah, good call on this issue. I agree with that. I understood the Bible and the life of Christ a heck of a lot more after reading Taoist and Buddhist materials. I think Christ and Buddha would have gotten along nicely. I'd like to chat more with you on that, it's good to find a bird of a feather. I'll PM you soon, or PM me if ya want. I've been experimenting with meditation of different types. I like the tzen the most so far. Empty-mind stuff. Researching some Kabbalah/Christian Kabbalah-krazy stuff, holy crap, crazy. Samurai had some cool techniques as well, you should check them out. The book of Daniel and Ezekial in the Bible have some freaky visions in them, check them out just for fun. late

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Update:

I figured it out!!! The door at the end isn't circular, it's an oval, and the curtains aren't curtains, they're an iris. The whole opening is my third eye. I just had the vision again (seconds ago...as soon as I got it, I got so excited, I lost my meditation).

Basically, I guess this is some sort of...um...tutorial (for lack of a better word) for using my third eye. More to come...

Oh, and apparently, my third eye has a slit iris like a cat... Not sure what that means.

-Mike

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Oh, and apparently, my third eye has a slit iris like a cat... Not sure what that means.

It means you should drink bottled water from now on, sounds to me like the us gov must be putting lsd in the water these days

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Anyone astral travel?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by flid:

It means you should drink bottled water from now on, sounds to me like the us gov must be putting lsd in the water these days

Yeah, right, Flid! The U.S. Government would never be that cool!

-Mike

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I think its showing you that your third eye is now open and it is time to embrace the oppertunitys that are arising from within....

Page: