Forums > Videos > Ohio Burn Unit Video

Login/Join to Participate

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
We threw together a small video demo of us playing around. There's a little of everything (Poi, Snakes, Juggling, Full Body Burn World Record, Contact Staff, Nunchuckus, and some other wierd stuff like fire baseball...). The camera wasn't steller but you can see most everything. Had fun making it, so there isn't a whole lot of amazing spinning on it, just a lot of free form stuff. When we get some better footage (and a better camera) together we'll make up a more representative vid.

It's in Divx. Editing was done by Knagi.

UPDATEED 02-01-06: The new site design is now live. Tons of photos and all that in the gallery, as well as a bunch of our REALLY old movies (really not worth watching if you have a slow connection... they are from a long time ago and we've all grown a lot since then).

However, as an extra treat:

beefy-working.avi - 30Mb and 4:20 long (coincedence). I show off a lot of tosses and such.

And the original demo is still there too:

OhioBurnUnit.avi - 56 Mb and 12.5 minutes long

EDITED_BY: i8beefy2 (1138803701)

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
That link doesnt work for me. Could u possibly check it. Sorry if it does work.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, it should work... works for me. Anyone else having issues?

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
it works, but youch 56 MB ? a warning would be nice.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Sorry, I was posting from work and didn't have access to the actual video so I didn't know how long / how big it was... Ill update it.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Ok, I finally got it but I had to reinstall the DivX codec in order to get WMP to play it. Maybe I had an old version of it.

I liked the fire baseball, the sparkley poi in an overhead environment, and the breathing using little puffs in different directions.

What I didn't like was the music, maybe I'm getting old and have lost my appreciation for aggressive metal, but I found that the everyone have there own little clip with accompanying sound track seriously compromised the flow of the whole thing as a cohesive video.

I'm looking forward to your next one

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I didn't do the music selection unfortunatly... smile Metal wouldn't have been my first choice either.

Cohesiveness was not a big factor in this video as it wasn't made to be artsy or anything. To be honest, I think it was basically a "throw all the non-blurry footage together possible" video... Plus it's a teaser just meant to show a good representation of all the kinds of stuff to come. None of us have cameras or experience shooting, so it makes it difficult to arrange using one and actually getting decent usable footage.

One day when I can afford a camera I promise an artsy video! smile

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Ok, I see where you're coming from. Given the opening tattoo shot, and the "giving you the third degree" and naming the individual performers, I suspected that it might have been intended as a promotional video.

I appreciate your honesty, because that's how I saw the video. smile

There are some great ideas on there.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Well it is a bit of a promo, but we have just gotten the website address, so it was intended as something to put up there until we get the page all put together and such, not as a finished product.

But we did get some stuff in there... Some sweet fire breathing, the little bit of my nunchucku routine that came out ok, some of my early tosses and smoothed out hyperloops, the "stars" that knagi is crazy enough to play with and the crosses. And of course the thrown in video of the world record for longest full body burn (not affiliated with us, but we were there for it and it seemed to fit)

But in the end, these were shots of us playing, not performing, so obviously not a good example of our best. We were just having fun.

--

Im still on break, and I'm workin on the site, but Ill try and borrow my g/f's camera for a bit to throw up a "serious" video to appease your desire for an artsy video. smile

Relicmember
2 posts

Posted:
The website has been updated. I finally got off my butt and am starting to finish it. Please feel free to drop by and let us know what you think. Expect great things as progress moves on.

-Chad (aka relic)

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
That was pretty awesome dude. There was some great stuff in there. Youre lucky to have so many talented individuals around you. Theres nobody near me for at least 2 hours in every direction. I'm going to be in Cincinatti on March 2nd through 5th. Knagi might come down and you should too. It should be a great time.

Peace, Love, Circles

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Would that be for a certain someone (or some-two)'s birthday party? I think my room mate told me about this... I need to get down to Cinci to meet up with a few of the spinners down there anyway. Steph, I think, asked me to help her learn staff.

The big question is gonna be my school schedule. My Spanish class in particular is promising to be a killer this semester. But I may very well go down for this.

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Yeah its right in between both birthdays.

Peace, Love, Circles

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
*bump for the update*