Forums > Technical Discussion > The HOP Single Softglow LED poi ball

Login/Join to Participate

SeGeeSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
Was wondering if someone has bought / tried the "Single Softglow LED poi ball" that is offered by HOP.

it looks great and cheap but the weight is 80g... I was wondering how much that matters. cuz U like a weight of like 200g in my pois usually..

Even if U havent tried this poi, u can still answer the question actually =)

SeGeeSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
PLEASE ANY opinions? does weight matter. I have no scales to compare with.

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Weight is quite a personal thing I think, although heavier poi are somewhat easier to isolate (and probably airwrap etc as well). My sock poi are ~200g but my fire ones are a lot lighter than that and I dont have too many problems. I'll let one of the techies take it from there tho as im just speaking from my own experiences

Motley

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
PS I might be ordering some of these myself, they look pretty decent, especially at that price!

Motley

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Oooh, I hadn't seen those. I like that the clip bit is smooth - mine have a sticky out bit which meant I had trouble connecting them into weights in net socks when I wanted to make them into sock poi.

to live at all is miracle enough

SeGeeSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
I ordered these and they are damn fine. for the price. And they arent light at all. they feel heavy. anyways I recommend them. very soft too

bradhornBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
i have a pair of similar ones, they are lighter SIGNIFICANTLY relative to the cathedral fire poi!! you can spin a bit faster for longer periods of time, but dont sacrifice speed for neatness and beauty so i do think that they are a great buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should also look into the Blazin Light Sticks!!!!!!!!! theyr awesome!

VEGEMITE!!!!!!!!!!!

bradhornBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
but remember SPEED IS NOT AS IMPRESSIVE AS NEATNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy spinning

VEGEMITE!!!!!!!!!!!

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
hey, are the blazin light sticks significantly lighter than just a regular glowstick? because i kinda like some weight...

bradhornBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
i would imagine about the same weight

Any Questions reguarding Juggling Equipt, Poi and Stunting....

PM me its easier

thnx

VEGEMITE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
No the Blazin lightsticks are twice as heavy as a glowstick.....
A standard 6" glowstick weighs only 22 grams or thereabouts but the Blazin lightsticks are twice that weight at 40 grams each.......The white Blazin lightsticks are very funky its like twirling little lightening rods, very cooool......
Hope that helps
Happy twirling
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle

webdaemonBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
i have these and they are sweeet. i practice with them since they hurt less than my fire poi... and i am going to a sporting goods store soon to buy a cup because me and my girl want to have kids one day... and at the rate im bonking my self i seldom think i will ever have any.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I got a mug instead when I started spinning.
Holds more tea you see smile

webdaemonBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
yea... well models only carries a cup so i will be forced to settle. these damn poi are infatuated with causing as much pain as possible to my nuts. its nauseating and scarry.

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
ok, so, i got my blazin lightsticks, and there good and brighter than glowsticks and about as heavy/a little heavier. but there are 2 problems which i will warn other purchasers about. 1. they are/seem longer than regular glowsticks even though it is said they are not. and 2. I'm having issues with the batteries staying in place. other people are saying they are sturdy, which they seem to be, except that if i hit myself, even lightly, the batteries come loose. i can usually press them back in without opening the cover, but it is very annoying and disrupts my "flow." I took some duct tape and put it into the battery spot to try to limit the battery wiggle room. they work a bit better but still cut out if i tap them sometimes. Anyone else have this problem? anyone have suggestions?

DedphrogSILVER Member
50 posts

Posted:
I just wrapped my stick with clear tape a few times. no problems since.