Forums > Social Chat > Besmerching the name of fire performers

Login/Join to Participate

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Morons

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. they are entitled to their own opinion.. BUT do you think maybe the person said no to this guy because *he* looked like a w*nker? just a thought - but I only let me stuff out to nice people who have respect..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
It's like you're reading my mind!

Cracks me up having all those pretentious photographers appreciating the beauty of the fire and then slating the subject matter in the same breath!

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hey Jangla - did you ever go to any of the old Port Meadow parties about 4/5 years ago? I used to live in Oxford..

I was gonna log on and argue the point with them - but i can't be arsed!

[ 22. November 2002, 03:28: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix:

I was gonna log on and argue the point with them - but i can't be arsed!

I was going to as well but couldn't be arsed. I'd only end up getting worked up. How about everyone on HOP boycott their site, after all "speak of the devil, and he shall appear"!!!!!

What a bunch of narrow minded T0$$£rs, send 'em in my direction, i'll show 'em whats what.
I HATE people like that

Jangla, well done for at least, trying to explain to them what we are all about. It takes a lot of balls to turn around to people like that and dignify them with a response.
Sending a big hug to you

QUOTE:BY 'H0ax'
I have been hit in the eye countless times by fuckwit stoned jugglers at indoor parties.

BTW 'h0ax' you deserved it

LOL
Trippy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

[ 22. November 2002, 05:03: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
I cant believe that people still hold attitudes like that! Just plain disappointing imo!]

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
It really upset me that some people are so ignorant.

Do you know who the sheffield spinner is?
Could be anumber of people who go to Headcharge cos the fund raiser was mentioned in their newsletter......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Right, I've just signed up and I'm going to be voicing my opinion, keeping as calm as I can so my post doesn't get barraged with flames.
I've just got to wait for a moderator to approve me before I can post - should give me time to find a really good fire photo to put up there to give them something to look at.

I don't understand how people can be so narrow minded and lump a whole load of people into the same group just because they've seen a few people they didn't like much (for whatever reason).
That's really like saying I hate photographers because one of them refused to let me take a few snaps with his camera - completely pointless and massively sterotypical.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBovrilMonkey:
people can be so narrow minded and lump a whole load of people into the same group just because they've seen a few people they didn't like much (for whatever reason).
its called prejudice.

i, like the others here, was quite apathetic about it and justified my apathy with jez's sig: 'Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.'

i am now signing up to register however and will happily back you up if you get flamed bov.

i'll be watching - go get 'em!
what noise does a tiger make?!!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
RRRROOOOAAAAARRRR!!

I'm a tiger, hear me roar!

I'm still waiting to be approved, I'm guessing it'll take a while. I'm writing out my post in notepad though, so I don't forget stuff.
I'm trying to make sure I don't get flamed, but thanks for the offer.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
ros - i'm sure simon and ed were there so i'll ask them if they knows who was spinning that night.

my guess is it was simon

wherever you go, there you are.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I admire your reasons for wanting to post to try to defend fire performers as a whole, but by going head to head against closed minded individuals like this there is no way you are going to change their minds. Quite the contrary in fact.Haters will hate no matter what arguement is put in front of them.

They have my permission to hate/mock me as much as they like because I know I am am a fantastic person and I don't need everyone to like me to believe in myself. Incidentally, I dislike photographers who come point their intrusive lense in my face, speaking to me trying to get my attention so as to improve their shot thus disturbing my trancelike spinning state of mind.
But hey, live and let live, if we were all the same what a boring life it would be.

Peace.

[ 22. November 2002, 05:46: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I bet if they could figure out how to spin fire well, they wouldn't speak so lowly of it.

My bet is that they're a bunch of jealous attention junkies.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
my bet is that the different experiences they've had in their life from those you've had in your life have caused them to have opinions that are different from yours

nothing more

wherever you go, there you are.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I'm quite amused really. We always complain about stoned nutters who keep on walking through your strings despite the whizzy glowy or firey things. Well we have finally found their leader.

And then the other crazed weirdos who come up to you when and ask if they can have a go, meaning "I have never done this before, but think I could light up first time without you even showing me the moves, cos I'm just the shit".

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I reckon it's $y in the picture.

Have you read any of the other posts, in other threads, by the Hoax person (the loudest mouth amongst them)? He's a troll. Every single thing he writes is designed to upset people. Check out his profile.

The community managers aren't up to much if they let him carry on like that.

Just a thought. Notice they all flatly ignore Mr Jangla's response too.

[ 22. November 2002, 13:09: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
MisStix - Not sure about the Port Meadow parties. I've only been living in Oxford for a year but have been in the area for 20. The name rings a bell but as with all the free parties around here, you kinda lose track of where the hell you are once you've taken a crappy Fiat Uno up a track fit only for tractors and 4x4's!!

Anyway, back on topic - thanks to everyone for the backup on Urban75. I'm sure those of you who have registered will point 'h0ax' in the direction of some decent fire photos so he can realise how poor his is in comparison. After all - point pretty much any camera at a fire twirler and you're in for a pretty good shot. It's the fine tuning and skill that sets the shots on this site apart from the rest of the pack.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Thank you Mind gap.

I notice they ignored your post too Bovril. They seem a bit bizarre.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
PWB is on a truck board with a similar "if s/he doesn't agree with us, then s/he doesn't exsist" mentality.
In the end, the joke is on them, because while they are flipping burgers at McDonalds at 80 years old, I will be sitting back, reliving a life I lived well, without hate, doing exactly what I loved to do, and knowing I made money at it!
I like what you wrote Thistle! Very nice!
I liked what you said Bovril on that site but, well, "It's hard to hear a whisper when hate is shouting in your ear." (Ryker, ST:TNG) and in this case sweetie, you and Jangla are whispers. They just aren't worth it to me.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wow even the tone of their BB is so nasty!!I am so thankful to belong to such a friendly BB... Hooray for you Brovil, ya did a nice job... and as for Hoax? His last post was "My Boss has B.O" shows his maturity level...what a lovely boy...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Wow! Hardcore!

....massive respect to jangla and thebovrilmonkey for their posts....thanks...you've pretty much said it all. esp. jangla for pointing out that the photo was a bit lame....can you point out that if he'd popped a bit of flash in, he would've been able to capture a nice image of the pyro in question.

On second thoughts....

I'd say let's let the sad little camera-philes go on with their sad little existence. For the record, if they reckon there's a lot of below-par 'professional' performers in our domain... did they check a look at themselves? or the rest of their industry? have any of you actaully seen a pack of paparazzi in action? it's disgraceful

sheesh!

anyhoo....don't worry, keep spinning, at least we understand what the true joy is.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
the whole site seems to be towny heaven - not wanting to deride Jangla in any way but . . . - it does.

Jangla - what is the motivation behind the community?

Meh