Login/Join to Participate
Page:
animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hello. wave

I'm Starting this thread for two reasons:

1) I'm fed up of asking people how they take their tea. I think it would be better to have a sole port of call for tea makers all over the world.

2) It could be interesting. For example, the types of people that take sugar/milk etc...

Anyway, to begin.

I like my tea with milk and two. I like Earl grey tea with milk and two. I like Chai tea as it comes. I'm always willing to try 'different' teas. I like my tea sweet. I think this stems from me being a smoker, as a vast number of smokers I know drink sugar in their tea, and have a bit of a 'sweet tooth'. Not sure of the reason, maybe this thread will find out more...

I do drink coffee, but Tea takes preference. My coffee has to be made in a certain way. Mix the coffee/sugar (two, by the way) in with about half a cup of milk, then add the boiling water afterwards. Somehow it makes the coffee taste so much nicer...

Speaking of tea... I need another cup. biggrin

Anyway, how do you like your tea? Or coffee? or even hot chocolate (gotta remain politically correct these days, equal opportunities and all that). Is there any particular reason for the way you take it (in your opinion)? Do you smoke? Do you have special dietary requirements? Do you take tea this way because when you were younger, your parents took it this way, and you copied?

This *could* be interesting...

EDITED_BY: Loves the Circus (1125223480)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
i wonder if i had used the word unofficial or official in my tea thread if it would still be here.

*mourns her deleted thread*

frown lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
I drink every type of tea differently.. Lemon grass or any other "fake" tea with honey.. Mu tea or yogi or chai as it comes.. Black tea with lots of sugar and ideally with some chocolate to eat.. (darjeeling + chocolate.. yumm..) and I don't drink much green tea.. Dunno why.. : )

As for coffee.. No thanx.. Rather a good foamy cappucino..: )

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah I hate fake tea, they just can't make plastic tea leaves brew any where near as well as real life tea.

I'll take mine the builders way.....well brewed, milky and one sugar please love in the biggest mug you can find. If I'm lucky there may even be a chocolate hob nob involved somewhere biggrin

Talking of which, anyone fancy a cup right now? I'll go ask the bear to put the kettle on and get the teapot warmed

Non-Https Image Link

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
wow!!! Princess Tea!!!

ubblol

milky tea with no sugar would be ace Dunc. Thankies!!
and a chocolate hob nob would be grand!

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can i have mine string with two please?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I asked the bear if he would and aparently I have to speak to his union, it was hard enough negotiating the uniform.......

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oh and as I've stated many time now in this forum.....coffee is the skank from Satans balls and should be rid from this planet once and for all! It's only slightly worse than Martmite but that's a whole other discussion umm ubblol

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
i smoke, i adore many teas , smoked, sweetend,herbal.. anything but lyons/barrys/pg tips kinda tea.

i sometimes drink very strong coffee with no milk.. and maybe a little dash of this

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
tea is nice

espresso is better. pint of, please.

both with milk and 2 sugars and a smoke, thank you.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I'm of the opinion that tea should be black and unsweetened, otherwise all you can taste is sugary milk. Perhaps the fact that I don't like milk has something to do with this. I'm an occasional smoker, only seem to do it around HoPpers for some reason.... umm

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
I dont drink tea. I dont drink coffee. I dont smoke.

But i do *LOVE* hot chocolate.

How does that fit into you theory?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Posted:
i have my tea very milky and with to sugars biggrin hug

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
LOL @ the tea bear.

Well I smoked for a while 3 years before I gave up, but back then didnt drink tea or coffee at all.

I went straight to black coffee and stayed with that for a long time (no suger either) but I really only tried to drink cart noir, I never liked the other brands, plus its in a stylish jar.

then I moved onto tea because coffee I find makes my ar pits sweat a little more than usuall. I used to have normal tea (milk and 2 sugars) but then gave up the sugars (and for a short time milk, I might go back to 'black tea' yet) because Ive given up sugar and crap food (so sweets, sugar, chocolate, cake, prescesed food, pizza's and stuff. Occasionaly I'll go to a take away if im out anywhere but not often.

My fav tea is resberry and nettle, but I normally have plain tea with milk, but I really do think im gonna go back to no milk couse I prefer that.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
No...pizzas?! Oh my god the inhumanity!! Then again, i can't really afford to eat pizzas atm..just plain pasta and rice from time to time frown

Other than that it's fine with me too tongue

Oh, er, i take my tea with milk and 1 1/2 sugars (my mug is double the size of a normal mug so it's not as much as you'd think).

I drink a load of other strong chinese teas as well so just hot water with them (parents brought me up on it). Dunno what they are in english shrug

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Give me some sweet southern tea...

Dark Tea, a bit of raspberry juice, some lemon juice, a touch of orange juice, heavy on the brown sugar...and enjoy smile

I am, though, a coffee addict as well - give me coffee in the morning or give me 2 more hours of sleep! Yes, I will drink from the groin of satan, if thou art mortified, then turn thy eyes!

Tazoberry tea is nice- though it's more fruit juice than tea.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I wonder if this smoking thing applies to chocolate too.

Do Smokers like milk chocolate that has low cocoa content and more sugar and the non smokers like dark, more bitter chocolate with a high cocoa content?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i prefer dark chocolate and i don't smoke.

The chocolate bars you get nowadays makes me wanna heave after i've finished one frown

(misread last post so had to re-phrase)
EDITED_BY: thelost_seraph (1125488531)

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: thelost_seraph

I drink a load of other strong chinese teas as well so just hot water with them (parents brought me up on it). Dunno what they are in english shrug

ooohhh... chinese teas are the BEST! my friend always used to have a fantastic selection of them, but i never knew what was in most of them anyway, she had miscellaneous flowers and things to add to normal green tea - although not bagged, loose tea... loose tea's gooood.....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Ah, found on the net some commercial name and the translation is as close as it gets: Iron Buddha Tea

This is by far my favourite, but it's not to everyone's taste because it has quite a bitter flavour (because of the strength of the actual tea). It's a type of Oolong (red) tea.

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
I like many teas, but Earl Grey (with lemon, too) and a good ole fashioned PG tip are my favourites

All my tea (except the Earl with lemon) must be severely brewed, one sugar, and a healthy slosh of milk-a splash wont cut it!!

*offers garabaldi biscuits to all*

You'll find me on the dance floor

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
I drink a whole host of teas on a daily basis......all brewed strong enough that you can stand your tea spoon up in without support biggrin with one sugar and a dash of milk, MMmmmmm ubblove , in fact........*wonders off to make yet another brew*
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

jinvincibleGOLD Member
king of the hedgehogs
125 posts

Posted:
My Irish grandmother started me very young on 3/4 strong black tea, 1/4 milk and several sugars... since I am now all growed up, I usually find one sugar to be sweet enough - but the tea to milk ratio is crucial.

Yellow and blue make green.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i hate tea!!!

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Earl grey is good, with milk and 2-3 sugars (depends on how hyper I am.)

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
nato standard is white with 2 and thats how i take mine

however only talking english breakfast as i drink earl grey without sugar and some teas i drink black.

there is a link to smoking most stoners find that milky and sweet tea stops GMS (gammy mouth syndrome)

i know some people who only ever have sugar in their tea when stoned.

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Earl grey with lemon is good. MMMMMM

Occasionally I'll have green tea, apparently its good for you or sumthin like that. But normally, milk with one sugar.

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
tea is evil unless served by a pretty girl....then white with 2 or black with 7.....(mmmm warm doctor pepper taste)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I don't like tea, I'm a coffee bird myself so shall I go out the way I came?

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
I like my tea/coffe as follows:

Tea: 2xGrass Extract + 2xCow Juice
Rooibos/Herbal: 2xGrass Extract
Chai Tea: 1xGrass Extract
Coffee: 2xGrass Extract + 4xCow Juice

Personally I prefer Rooibos Tea, and not so much straight Tea. Herbal Teas are also good.
Coffee is just an addiction!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
taken a liking to peppermint tea recently as i ran out of cow juice and it was the only thing i could find to drink without it

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Page: