Forums > Meet Others > Deepsoulsheep in Australia

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hi guys!

I am a 25 year old Irish boy who’s arriving in Australia in about 4 weeks and should be staying from 3 months to a year. I fly into Adelaide on the 9th of September for my mate’s birthday.

For the next 3 weeks I am on the look out for something/s to do in or within a day of Adelaide until common ground is on, on the 30th of September.

I’m thinking about earthcore in Brisbane on the 25th – 17th of November. What I do between Common ground and Earth Core I really don’t know.

I have an interest in seeing as much of Australia as I can including but not exclusively WA, a kangaroo, Brisbane, festivals, gatherings, music, sustainable communities, drumming, juggling conventions the blue mountains.

I’ve been told the east coast is horribly touristy though I am willing to make my own mind up about it and I expect looking forward to meeting some of you would make it a far more attractive prospect too.

All advise, invitations, plugs, warnings, abusive comments and hugs welcome…

James smile

Edit to add Woodford Folk Festival (Dec 26-Jan 1) so I don't forget... cool

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i've never seen someone pick up my poi (i always have heavy poi) and proceed to spin one of the bestest poi routines ever.
many twirlers have raw skill, but people that can twirl like that have an uncanny knowledge of handling to back that up, respeck! smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
redface

I'm not sure if I want to know what was going through my mind in that photo ubblol

Well we are flying to Darwin on Saturday! We will then be hopefully driving to Adelaide (can't get enough of the place) though there's some doubt at the moment as the cost and reality are setting in...

WA is still not on the agenda yet but it can't be ruled out! smile
EDITED_BY: DeepSoulSheep (1129789316)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
ooopsssss....My head is silly...

Ry says you have a very interesting pair of pants.....no sorry
Club routine!!!! That was what we were discussing..... biggrin

any offence to the legendary spinners in the world (like Nick and Oli and many others) I apologise for.... hug hug

meditate

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wow good timing DSS smile

theres a $5 donation doof on a secluded beach near Darwin on Saturday night - and it said on the mailout to bring fire toys!!

I'll try to dig up some details for you smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
Hi James and Aoife,

thanks again for visiting. I've really started practising again since you two left. I also asked Ian to present me this Christmas with a pair of staffs biggrin And don't forget to get a video ready to win next CoL with your double act.

Hope you have a great time in Oz.
hug

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Driving through the middle sounds unreal.

hug hug hug hug

Have a great time for the rest of your stay and hug Lisa when you get back, if she is there

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
wave

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Well the Australian adventure is over. Time to retrun to the freezing northern hemisphere frown

I am fly into London 6 am tomorrow (friday) morning...
I may stay a little in London if anyone can offer a place to stay. Or I may head straight to Birmingham... not sure yet! smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
wave byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye i still cant believe u didnt climb ayers rock, see u in upside down land at some point smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
ooooh byeeeee James!! it was so nice to have met you and the beautiful Aoifeubblove
I hope we meet again somewhere sometime! I do have little inkling wee sprouting thoughts about visiting the Other Side maybe mid next year.... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
frown frown frown

Didnt get to see you again. frown
Hope it all went grand the rest of your trip.

hug hug

Is it the Truth?

Page: