Forums > Social Chat > metal tunes to spin to???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
karegonmember
3 posts

Posted:
does any one know any good metal/rock/punk stuff thats cool to do poi to?

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Damn you all beat me here, now every band i say is already taken!!!
i was going to say any TOOL, Ramstien!!! Lnyx would be a killer, And for cause i would spin to RATM but i would just end up going off my nut and moshing and stuff yeah i would burn my self (RATM in my humble opinion were the greatestband ever assembled!)my hummour entery (sorry bender ripped you off) is i minute to midnight by Iron Maiden!!!!!! ps holy valance was funnier!
as far as punk goes it really suits my style, hard and fast!!! so anything will go well, having said that i stay away from the more new school stuff but the sound is to refined and does not have the raw energy i'm looking for

It's all good

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
pantsonfire - Rammstein - good call

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
nice one bram...

also lookin at stuff like seether(some of it..a bit is too mellow for me), stone sour, deepercut(old school..i dont think anyone has ever really heard of em..i just heard a few tracks at a friends party..good stuff), static X and drowning pool have some good staff and poi music, spread, NIN, godhead,soul asylum, and humanoid have some good stuff out there too.

P.S heya bender...i managed to find replica from fear factory but cant get ahold of any of the nightwish or leonardo's bride tracks..U got a site or something i could go to to try to get ahold of some of it?

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
"None of this is real" by infected mushroom always gives me shivers when it starts...

Then the bassline starts to roll... and you know youre in for a ride... Gives van halen a run for its money! I love power riffs! Ive headbanged many a time to it.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
ill nino!!!!!!!!1 i forgot, and while i'm at it the Reisdent evil (moive) sound track!!!! yeah almost all the tracks on that are very spinable!!! deftones!!! cog!!

It's all good

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
then theres 'Gothic Romance' - CoF
'Sonne' - Rammstein (good for slow)
'Du hast' - Rammstein ( a little overplayed at times)
'Adios' - Rammstein (same as Sonne as far as spin speed goes)
'reproduction of death' - International Noise Conspiracy
'Capitalism stole my virginity' - I.N.C.
'Linolium' - NOFX
'Responsibility' - MXPX ( not good for spinning really, but still a good song)
'Renegades of Funk' - RATM
no...more...typing...wrist...hurts...*collapses in mock pain*

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
funny you should mention that...as the united chains of fire have just been employed to play at a metal club in london....its kinda hard...but the secret to poiing to any song in the world...is listen to the beat...feel the beat....be the beat

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
Definaately look for a band called Neurosis, I can't think of one song that WOULDN'T be good to poi to. Dark, heavy, rythmic, and they have more drummers than most bands would know what to do with. Very tribal but with a good range of tempo, even within songs. The drums are also well layered so basically pick any tempo to spin to and it's there.
The early stuff is punk based, they move into I guess what you could call more modern hardcore/grindcore/doom in later albums, I'm not familiar with the last album honestly but any of the 7 previous should be incredible. Just thinking about it makes me itch to spin to "Locust Star" from the album "Thru Silver In Blood".

I can't praise this band enough, they are absolutely incredible.

Their main page https://www.neurosis.com/biography.html
Their media page with several full videos and mp3s
https://www.neurosis.com/media.html

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oooh! RISE AGAINST!!! wow...fantastic! yeehah! booo!

Kabukimanmember
42 posts

Posted:
As far as Rammstein goes I like to spin to Weisses Fleich, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I wouldn't know... I've never given a cartoon character an orgasm.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
hey, another direction (metal rules, yeah)

any one know any Taiko Japanese huge huge drum troupe tunes, especially that might be MP3's online, they must be totally awegivin to spin to!

anyone know, though?

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I know there is Penicilin, a Japanese metal band. thier pretty good

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
but kinda poppy. and half the members are beshonin

Page: