Forums > Social Chat > Agony Artys Problem Solving Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
We've all been there, unable to decide whether to go out or not, wear this dress or that, or whether to roast or grill the rat were having for breakfast.

Now let your un-makeable decision rest in the hands of the fellow HoPer below you. Got a non decision making situation? post it here!!

At the moment I cant decide whether to start my dissertation this summer, so i get a head start for next yr, or just have the most relaxed non-stressed summer ever! What to do?

It rests in your hands. Thank you.

You'll find me on the dance floor

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Yes, you are very trying Mynci...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
Ok , Problem here!!!

I have to get a job this year, theres no other way around it; especially if i want to move to Birmingham this time next year.

So, do I go for a completely new choice of career, ie Bar work or continue on the retail front and get a job on the till at Sainsburys *yack* because I know how to do it?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
get experience in a bar dude... you'll love it and a variety of experience can be good unless you can get a supervisory position at sainsburys....then your laughing

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Dont move to Birmingham Arty...terrible traffic...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ok.....so i'm fairly new to this site, dont know ANY of you but.........

there's a girl i REALLY like, we kissed.......ended up in bed together and both passed out due to alcohol/exahustion. we've talked and she want's to be "just friends" which i'm whole heartdedly cool with but!!!!

i still REALLY like her and i've try'd going with other girls but i just can't get her out of my head!!!!

she's lovely, alternative, as in she has tattoo's and piercings and when we first kissed it was like nothing on this earth!!!

sparks flew, but.........she's just getting over a long term relationship and i know how that feels.

we are hug buddies, whenever we're mashed or in need of a nice friendly hug we know we have eachother. i would like more but i know the score.

my question/problem is.....will this lead anywhere other than trouble??? frown

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Go with the flow. Its possible something more will happen, but don't push it in the mean time.All you should do now is appreciate her,and let her know she is appreciated without making it awkward,and be a good friend, because it sounds like thats what she needs from you right now. The question is,are you willing to wait and see how it panns out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I got a probem.... but don't want to post it publicly coz is very private so any good advice is welcomed (if any of you know my prob please be sensative and not make it obvious, or I'll not be a happy bunny frown)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

7,193 posts

Posted:
blu valley that's what i have been doing, but thanx for the advice it's reasuring to hear it from someone elses point of view hug smile

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Mynci..... mmmmm.
Hard to give advice when not knowing the problem.

But, hope whatever it is works out. Keep smiling and try and be positive. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Will a spliff help in the meantime?

*passes dooby to Mynci*

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
*accepts gracefully* thanks helz.... think I'm gonna slow down on these and their friends a bit too.... *takes several long pulls*

ping....

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Pong biggrin

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
*bangs head against keyboard*

My Problem:

I always want what i cant have,and I dislike what I can have. Why? All it does is makes me unhappy. I dont know weather I need advice or a slap......or both.

If I want something and i cant have it (not straight away anyway)I long for it,quite pathetically. Not to say that when i get it that I dont love it, because I do, but then something else will come along for me to focus on...

How do I get through this stage of longing until I accept I cannot have it,or realize that I probably dont actually want it. Its almost obsessive!

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
(Cheers for the advice, think bar work is the way to go. I really want to move to Birmingham Blu, anywho, I dont drive so i'll be walking everywhere)

Ravehead- Id say the same as Blu; but seeing as this is what you've been doing to no avail, then i can only suggest she is sticking by her main plan of being friends. She sounds like she needs a mate at the mo. I have never heard of 'Hug buddies' forming a satisfactory relationship either (sorry to say shrug ). The girl always sees the guy a a mate, but this is only my experience. Keep at it though mate, and i hope all works out well.

Blu- You sound exactly like me, and the majority of people i know. I cant ever keep a relationship going because when i get them i dont want them. I cant offer you any advise except to start realising the 'good' in your life that you 'have' and not want. It makes me feel content at least.

If you find an answer, let me know wink hug

Mynci- Hanging a tea-towel off the end of it and tencing should help ubblol

7,193 posts

Posted:
cheers arty....in responce to this i have now formaly adopted my mate as my little clubby sister so now nothing can happen, along with my ever growing clubbing family all good mates that i know i can rely on in times of need, as in when im broke with nothing to do

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
solved my problem.....:(

mykrmeburning from inside
165 posts

Posted:
mynci...but you look unhappy... hug hug hug

that's YOUR opinion...

from fire we´re born, to fire we return...

165 posts

Posted:
ok...my little problem - do I tell my coach that he's really lovely whem he smiles and that he's one of the three most wonderful person I've ever met even if I'm not that sure whether I love him or not? and it's also my coach...so...what's more - the sillyness of the idea or the worth of it?
thnx wink

and take care all of you wave

that's YOUR opinion...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
mykrme.. depends what he's coach of... (sorry not not stable at mo..ubblol) if you're at school don't. the pressures of being a teacher are bad enough as it is. If it is a voluntary thing... think it through and feel it out. do you have any interaction out of coaching? please don't raise a persons hopes if you're not sure. it can all go VARY bad. if you get oin well out of a coaching envirnonment then maybe let them know. but bear in mind this person may tghink of you in a protecftive / supervisory role. I wish nothing moere than your happyness. good luck .

165 posts

Posted:
thanks smile
well, what he's coach of...what would you say - kung fu(perhaps it's spelled in a different way in english, who knows...) I wouldn't even think of it were he a school teacher....may be I'm stupid, but not THAT much biggrin wink
anyway...strange how the story goes...I'm beginning my third year now, but the first year - I was so scared of that person, but well...I didn't know him at all, see...funny thing this... redface rolleyes
thanks for replying!

that's YOUR opinion...

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
GET IN!!

The best thing about uni is we can date our tutors. Three years chasing the wood work instructer *crosses fingers* come on, this year!!

165 posts

Posted:
we'll see... biggrin wink

that's YOUR opinion...

7,193 posts

Posted:
i could do with some helpfull advice, i have a job interview on friday, my first in 6years. it's for bar work in a club and i don't know what i should wear, obviously NOT my hoodie lol

a ;ittle guidence would be most helpfull cool

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
A shirt and black trousers is good, preferably with a neat-ish jacket. I'm not saying "rent a tux" but a nice shirt, nice trousers and nice SHOES are important.

Hope it goes well. smile

My problem? some plick is trying it on with my GF. He's been friends with her for a few years, but recently (i.e. last month or so) he's been telling my GF that he loves her, and that he really wants to be with her. I started seeing her about 2 and-a-bit months ago, so he knew that she was going out with me before he said anything, but he said it anyway.

So, what can I do? I know that my GF isn't interested in him like that, so there is no real threat to our relationship, but I still want to do something. What do you think? A nasty email? Phone call? Ignoring it?

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ignore it,have achat with your girl about how you feel about it, but anything more, and shell think you dont trust her.

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
i had a mate do that to one of my x's she said she wasn't interested but in the end she ditched me for him then got dumped by him cos she cheated on him with me.

i'd ignore it if she isn't interested nothing will come of it and she'll either end up getting pi***d off with him or he'll get bored.

and if she actually is interested you can't do much to stop what'll happen

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: screech

and if she actually is interested you can't do much to stop what'll happen

Thanks for the reassurance wink

I've spoken to her about it, and I would leave it at that, except he's still trying, and it's pissing her off as well.

Think Blu-Valley is right.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

889 posts

Posted:
if its pissing her off she will tell him to censored off eventually just give it time

finland finland finland
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

7,193 posts

Posted:
sethis, have a drink and a chat with this guy and explane to him the score, don't be agressive just be on the level and say if anything did happen he would have all of us after him

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
mine is more an eternal dilemma....

i find a guy that i really really like and then i don't say anything and i leave it till it is too late...

and surprise surprise... i've just done it again...

there was this guy at work who i liked so much... and i plucked up the (Dutch) courage to tell him... but i left it that little bit too late and he has now moved to Manchester... this is killing me... i keep bursting into tears at work... on the bus... whist with friends...

so what do i do...? do i keep in touch with this guy and tell him my true feelings or do i let it go and move on...

please help...

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

889 posts

Posted:
keep in touch with him flirt and try to find out how he feels

but keep your options open look for other people and have fun doing it at the same time. i mean is there anything wrong with being single and flirting with lots of people.

its all fun and games but being a bit of a tart and flirting with everyone is more fun than being tied to one person.

finland finland finland
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Page: