Forums > Social Chat > stupidist thing you've done lately?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
ME? I've just accidentally deleted 2500 songs from my ipod - months of downloading. i have them on my desktop but they wont play or transfer to my ipod coz i deleted the original source.
which leaves me with nearly no music at all.

confused frown

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Bummer!

Mine was getting married at 19.
Then not getting divored soon enough. Came through 2yrs later. I was 21 and a divorcee. How mental is that?

well at least I didn't get pregnant at 13 to my step brother. (But i know someone who did!)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
at least you got it out of the way early! ubbrollsmile

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'm not getting married again ever (i'll make an exception for keanu heehee)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
gutted to both,mine was trying to be a smart arse.....tryed to do something clever with my poi,set my hair alight and then tryed to extinguish it with my hand that still had parrafin on it!doh!!!
serves me right tho i spose!!!

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
grouphug
I got confused reading the exam instructions on the first exam I've taken, last Wednesday, and forgot what catagory I was supposed to answer on, then just picked a question I thought I could do well on and wrote about five pages worth of an essay and got onto the next book before I realised it.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
I managed to pour boiling water down my arm due to a dodgy cap on a thermos. which hurt!

i didn't fall off the ladder i was climbing down at the time which was a bonus i guess!

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So in spite of being a doctor, I'm still a trainee and I'm not licensed yet. So every patient I see has to be "staffed" with an attending physician. Because officially, I don't provide care or make decisions, even though I do in reality. So I go and present the patient to the attending and then s/he'll go see the patient, bless my work (or change it) and then the patient can go.

So a kid came in to have sutures removed. I took a med student with me, had the med student cut out the sutures, and patted the kid on the head, gave him some discharge instructions and sent him home...

And then realized that I hadn't staffed him with my attending. eek

So here's me going "Um...Dr. Cunningham? I just did a bad thing..."

Basically I got a "Don't ever do that again." To which I was like, "Yeah...I'm not planning on it...just like I wasn't planning on doing it in the first place."

Still, that's called "Practicing medicine without a license."

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
i know how u feel - im a nurse but only qualified at xmas but then due to bad staffing i've been in that situation a few times.
its not good, but even if you're new, if you know what you're doing and you know you know and can defend what you did if you had to, youll be ok. just dot get into a habit of it!
Becs x

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
chickpea, there's no defense.

Only "It was an accident."

I mean, I think she figured that ranting and raving at me when I knew what I had done was wrong and when I *immediately* went to her and told her I'd done probably wouldn't accomplish anything. Because 1) I knew why it was wrong 2) I didn't do it on purpose 3) I felt bad about having done it.

shrug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
i suppose it much worse for docs than nurses. at our place most of the docs ask the nurses what to do because the nurses have been there for 10+ years most of them and the doctors usually less than 12 months.But then we never really get newly reistered docs either.
and on that cheery note i have to go work a night shift now....on a saturday night.
B x

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I burned my shoulder with my staff, then went and lay in the sun all day and burned it again! Yay for being a dumbass!

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
took the wet clothes to the tumble dryer, I put them infront off the dryer (not in it) then closed the dryer door and set it for 120 minutes. I was surpised to come back later to see wet clothes sitting infront of the dryer. mad rolleyes

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
todays stupid thing? thinking i might actually be able to get sleep after a night shift. how could i be so foolish??? frown grrr.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I was practasing with my new poi balls in the garden and hit myself with them in the groin area twice, but hey my poi balls are my children now so it dosent matter if I'll never have any lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I did a leg wrap with firepoi in slacks. It landed right in my pocket and I almost lit my pants on fire.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
I got up for work!!! BUt i think everyone does that!

Had similar episode to Sven, put loads of clothes needed for next day in washer and put powder adn stuff in adn forgot to turn it on!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
how about getting [censored] all sleep

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Official Moo (cttc)

how about getting censored all sleep

I did that once for a whole weekend!! Decided it would be fun to stay awake for more than 48hrs!!!

Dont recommend it!!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
getting sunburnt. Problem is that the sun shines all day every day frown

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i dont recommend staying awake for more than 24 hours. after 36, things get really c**p! the headaches are soooooo bad.

Do we sleep when we die?

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

getting sunburnt. Problem is that the sun shines all day every day frown

don't taunt us

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
was playing pool last week and i missed the ball i was aiming at and the cueball bounced round the table hitting no other ball EXCEPT! bouncing off the cusion below me and hitting me in the 'spuds'

frown

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts
Location: In UK for now, but born an lived in ZIMBABWE and S...

Posted:
last stupid thing....slept through the second day of a festival!!!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Just sleeping in general, what a silly waste of play time!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I shouted at a lady at work last Thursday. She was being really rude and snapped at me like I was a 5 year old, so I snapped back. I know I shouldn't have been so harsh though, the hot weather was getting to everyone that day making everything more intense. Now I have to sit next to her another 2 weeks. Plus she's a counsellor, that made me feel extra bad.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't think I could possibly mention it on a public forum...ahem!
but was a mother of stupid things.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hmmmm....ditto, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not too smart, I'm too accident prone, and I should spend the rest of my life in a padded room to avoid further stupidity.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i've been counting on being paid tomorrow for about two weeks...set up lots of things around it...

yeah i get paid on wednesday. whoops. next time i will look at a calendar instead of trying to WORK DATES OUT ON MY FINGERS.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I remembered something I did a while ago.
My Boyfriend works in a mobile phone shop in town, and he wears one of those magnetic name tags.
One day it went missing and we forgot about it so he ordered a new one.

A few months later, our cooker was making a funny smell- we thought it must be chicken fat from a roast, so I decided to clean the oven.
And guess what I found? yup, a deformed piece of plastic and metal at the bottom of the oven. ubbloco
How the hell did it get there? Well this mistery was solved the following weekend.

The Boyfriend leaves his badge on the pine end of the kitchen counter next to the phone every evening after coming home. I was preparing to cook oven chips one evening.

I brought the oven tray over to the chest freezer and put it on the corner of the counter by the phone so i could use both hands and scoop up the frozen chips. Closed the freezer, picked up the tray and went back to the oven and began to slide the chips in, when something clattered onto the floor of the oven.

Thats right, his new badge had hitched a ride on the tray too.

Mistery solved - Stupidity discovered. redface

Lesson learned? Tidy up the counter first.

Both badges have been in the washing machine dozens of time too haha
ubbrollsmile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Lately i keep making cups of tea and forgetting about them...

Page: