Forums > Social Chat > Who had a spin over the bank holiday?

Login/Join to Participate

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Anyone get up to anything good over the bank holiday weekend? Any good spins going on? I spent a night around a roaring camp fire in the country and lit up accompanied by a banjo, a fiddle, a bodrum and a guitar! Great stuff.. biggrin

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i had a few spins friday night, first i was spinning at a hardcore union event in a norwich pub (had loads of room next to the dj on stage). Next it was of to a drum and bass event, simmilar thing but absolutly boilng and this time i was using flags due to an abundance of u.v. lighting (yay ubbrollsmile)

saturday i was supposed to be out at a rave performing with fire and a few other people, but my ride let me down and i've been realy bumed out since frown
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1117570869)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
sunday was possibly the least sucessful hastings spin ever.
It rained, so we went to alot of pubs - which is never a bad thing.
Then we spun fire outside a pub called Harpers. fun fun fun

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i didn't get to blaze up once this weekend ubbcrying

thats why i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bummed out frown

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I spent the weekend at Run to the Sun spinning away to my hearts content in a field full of hippies and chavs(a very strange combination!!)

It was great! biggrin

Yell fire!SILVER Member
151 posts

Posted:
Spun a lot at Homelands Festival, but not with fire unfortunately...

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Friday and Saturday was spent feeling like rubbish on Urbis, as I got spiked at a nightclub with ketamine and just wanted to sleep all day - didn't have the energy to do any spinning at all - even though I had my staffs with me frown That left me uber bummed out - then I had to spend Sunday working and Monday packing for moving house frown But I made up for it today - bought a new firestaff and sucessfully singed my split ends tongue Been spinning all day and most of the evening - in fact i'm going to go out and spin now!

ByeByez
Lou xx

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Thursday - Poi in Guildford
Friday - No spinning, but glow-in-the-dark boules...
Sat - Fire Factory Comp
Sun - Poi in Guildford
Mon - Kingston Green Fair

Hurrah for lots of spinning biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
we went to a bike show over the weekend and had a stall so arrived on Thursday, lit my fire poi while it was quiet and went from a 5 beat weave to a 3 beat weave, really simple but somehow wrapped my right poi around my right arm, throwing my left poi up in hte air, meanwhile my right poi had set fire to my hair (short hair luckily) and the left then landed on a water hose burning through it soaking me in water .

And i just stood there looking at my dad laughing at me with my hands by my sides looking sorry for myself.

So from then on i stuck to Glowsticks! and kids kept asking where i got them, so we had to go to our supplier on saturday and get loads of glowsticks and spent the whole day tying them onto string and then sold them all on saturday and sunday night, overall, a nice poiing weekend! lol, but the best thing is it is almost all true as we didnt sell them all!

any one else got a burning story from the weekend?!

daz

stupidity is not a crime, you are free to go!!!