Page:
Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else hate this show?

I hate it.. its right up there with hollyoaks and the crazy frog angry

thoughts?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
hmmm...i've got to admit to being a typical girl and liking the bad acting and storylines on hollyoaks...but yeah totally agree on the Big Brother thang. I dont get the big deal about it?

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
heh. The girls here love that show. The thing i dont get is this:

We live in shared unit accomodation. 8 people, who dont know each other, thrown together for a year. People are absolutely entranced by a tv show, about people that dont know each other thrown together for a few months.

err?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i.
hate.
it.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
It annoys me, BUT,

I can't help getting drawn in. "What's that crazy guy doing now?"
"ooh, look at what she's doing", or "she/he is SO stupid!!'

Plus it is great 'trash-TV' when you're f*cked and want something easy going yet mildly entertaining...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
yeah, and they always put really chavvy people on who try and get as much fame as they can in as little time as possible (and so get naked). the only thing i'd ever watch that program for is to laugh at the silly people.

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

ed209Ed: geek, staffer, past participle
122 posts

Posted:
On a list of things to do, watching Big Brother would come just under gouging my eyes out with my own staff...

And don't even get me started about the crazy frog censored

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i like big brother ubbangel not only do i find it adictive but also enjoy it from a psychology point of view.
theres a lot i could say on the subject but i think ill leave it till a day when i can think straight tongue

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I think it would be a good scientific experiment, but WHY is the public subjected to it? IT IS SO BORING. I mean, really, why do people watch stupid people day in, day out? When I watch it I can feel my brain shutting down about 80% of my thought processes. WHO CARES about all these losers??? Don't you have enough stupid people in your own life??

If you want to watch something when you're out of it, watch Tom and Jerry instead wink

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

I think it would be a good scientific experiment

keep an eye out for bbc's 'the experiment'. kinda big brotherish cept it's not [censored]. 12 guys locked in a 'prison', 6 as prisoners, 6 as guards. halfway through they swapped over. eventually had to stop it due to near-jailbreak and guards getting dead

Satsamember
45 posts

Posted:
No No make big brother stop!!!
And as for that numpty of a crazy frog- just don't get me started on that!

( think i might be pre- menstrual...sorry) mad2

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
big brother is shite , and as for crazy frog i prefferd when he was used for a logo on a make of turbos for bikes

im alan partridge........AHA!

Raromember
97 posts

Posted:
i'd rather listen to the crazy frog ringtone 3000 times than watch an episode of big Brother. it is the most annoying and pointless show i have ever watched

The Salmon moose!

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Big brother is a big heap of crap. It really bugs me that for the next few months it will replace all the other stuff I watch, along with BBLB (Why? What's the point?!) and the other crappy commentaries about it.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Raro

i'd rather listen to the crazy frog ringtone 3000 times than watch an episode of big Brother. it is the most annoying and pointless show i have ever watched

umm

you sure? Cos they're both as crappy as each other angry

What really annoys me is when the tabloids start publishing "news" about it, and get "psycologists" to comment on it.... it makes me ill... oh yes... that makes me a very sad panda

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Yeah, and then stories like "Mass murderer leads break out of Maximun Security prison" get pushed to pg 5 because pgs 1-4 are taken up by "Housemate X cheats on/lies to/beats up Housemate Y"

And how the hell can Crazy Frog outsell Coldplay????

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Sethis: cos Jamster buy 2 million copies themselves...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fecking frog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ways, this is what i think of when i read this...

A friend of my girlfriend was sat indoors watching BB live. She texted my gf "Theyre all sunbathing" and my gf replied "Yes iit's a lovely day for it", her mate looks out of the window and says "Yeah, its really warm" and then promptly GOES BACK TO WATCHING THE DAMN TELLY!!!!!!!

Go figure...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Written by: ¤ Sniper ¤

keep an eye out for bbc's 'the experiment'. kinda big brotherish cept it's not censored. 12 guys locked in a 'prison', 6 as prisoners, 6 as guards. halfway through they swapped over. eventually had to stop it due to near-jailbreak and guards getting dead

BBC's??? It was an American university experiment! And it was made into a movie in Germany a few years ago, which is actually quite good and intense and much scarier than most horror movies. The American guys wanted to prove that basically anyone's behaviour could be influenced by a position of power like a prison guard, and they started torturing the prisoners within the first 2 days (I think), making Abu Ghreib look quite harmless.

By the way, German Big Brother went on for a year the last time, and is this time going on forever. Open end. They live in a little "town" and run a fitness studio, a shop, a mechanics place etc, and can climb/descend the social ladder and can be voted off, too, I think. Haven't seen it though... anyways, that actually IS Hollyoaks with real people eek

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
i've only seen the british version that was on bbc2 coupla years ago

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I only remember being slihgtly excited by the first Big Brother but hardly watched it simply cos it was new ya know eveyrone was excited but what is this gonna be Big Brother 5? or something, and its all the same, and i dont like how people who become IT people simply for going on the show.

Either way i'll still end up watching it and reading the reviews in the sun wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i think this will be Big Brother 6

i'm really looking forward to it biggrin

Big Brother gives me something i can talk about with people whom i have nothing else in common with, and it's worth watching for that alone.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Tea Fairy

BBLB (Why? What's the point?!)

keeping Dermot O'Leary off the streets?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I swear I posted here... confused
PM? umm

simian: I agree with both your points.

Did anyone see the 20 twenty housemates last night? (although they only did 10..). I felt it odd to remember the things from ages ago, and even bits I hadnt properly seen.

3,149 posts

Posted:
yeah, i watched it. But only cos there wasn't anything interesting happening on the Celebrity Love Island.

redface

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
nah was too busy reliving the good ol' days of cannon fodder on the amiga

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Cannon fodder, what a great game ubbtickled

BB is an interesting idea, but it really doesn't seem worthwhile watching dozens of hours of boring crap just in case something interesting (in the loosest possible use of the term) might happen.
Wouldn't be too bad if everything just ended when the show did, but the fact that tabloid publication / tv feel we care enough about these complete strangers that we have to hear about them for the next 4 to 5 months after the damn thing is over really annoys me.
Also, it really annoyed me that until maybe november / december time last year, I could not go out of an evening without some random (usually drunk) stranger telling me I looked like one of the BB contestants. Like I cared.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
they have had enough already and i couldnt stand it the first time.
i really dont see what all the fuss is about.reality tv is really uninteresting,what exactly do people find appealing.
maybe it was interesting for a bit the first time that sort of thing was on tv because it was new but now its just got really old!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
most BB's normally have something extremly memorable happen in them, i only remember the first and last one though lol, where nasty nick got caught out and where they had that huge ruckass where cops had to come on in the last one, i wonder what will hapopen in this one, im looking forward to it
and the last one someone had sex so thats not new, who knows what will happen! im working tomorrow night, someone tape it for me!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
read the book(George Orwell, 1984), its much better than spending your time watching the cra**y show

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
Shucks, what a shame i don't have a tv.

It's not really a show i care for, not a lot of shows are particularly. Half of big brother is spent watching them all in bed. What the hell is the point of that? Then there's the whole love interest thing - ooh, are they going to kiss? Do i care? As for the social experiment side, they only get the really bizarre people on it, so it's not a very good representation of human behaviour.
How has it lasted this long?

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
How can everyone be addicted to a show thats mostly sleeping, eating, sunbathing and pointless tasks? They dont do anything productive. and they are mostly social misfits and morons anyway.

the real social experiment is how long can an entire country watch the boringest show in history, before the realize its boring? any guesses? 5? 6? 7 years?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Page: