Page:
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
totally nicked from tribe.net... Posted there by kenrom, but here without the annoying qt plugin crap.

https://homepage.mac.com/kenrom/.Movies/WFKC2004_1st.mp4
= 15.9mb

totally rockin'!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
and while I'm cross-referencing everything... might as well point to one of the original threads that started all this talk:

https://www.tribe.net/thread/607f14d1-782...9b-c3431a2eaf1c

graldnewbie
22 posts

Posted:
Written by: FlamingOberon

i actually saw alegria in boston, i didnt realize it had been discussed here before...

the discussion we had was on a german forum www.firesouls.de
i´ve seen only saltimbanco in live, which doesn´t include fire, but 2 women from argentinia who made a mixture of poi and flamenco. thats what i love about cds. they take great performers from different cultures and mix it all in their style.

if u guys are interested in "breakdancing"-moves with chains n staffs check out www.wushucentral.com. theres a search-engine in the video gallery. u can enter "chain" or "staff" and u´ll enjoy.
watch the monkey staff from hua miaolin!!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

totally nicked from tribe.net... Posted there by kenrom, but here without the annoying qt plugin crap.

https://homepage.mac.com/kenrom/.Movies/WFKC2004_1st.mp4
= 15.9mb

totally rockin'!

That guy is the most badass dude ever. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
Just got back from this year's competition - we missed Tuione this year - he's not only a great fireknife dancer, but also a very humble, nice person. I'm sure he'll be at the Anaheim Fireknife Competition - it's scheduled for September 16,17, and 18 at Pearson Park in Anaheim. I've still got last year's competition video to edit (after I finish the American Samoa Competition).
I'll see if I have time to upload some clips.
Just to update - my oldest son Malakai took first place here and second place in Hawaii. My middle son Jeurell (14) took third place at both competitions. We'll be there at the Anaheim Competition - hopefully my youngest son will be able to defend his children's division championship, although he probably will have to move up to Juniors with his brothers.

Teejay

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
TeeJay
Do you know whether or not there are regulations regarding competing in fire-knife competitions and doing paid performances (such as joining Cirque or some other troupe)?

TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm........sorry for not answering sooner.....thought I did but must have had one of those "lost moments".

Anyway - No - we have no regulations concerning professionals competiting - as a matter of fact, Tuione worked for Cirque, and almost all of the competing dancers work professionally at hotels and such.

The only regulations are posted on our website,
www.flamingsword.net
I'll update the pics and other info as I get the chance.

Teejay

Page: