Forums > Social Chat > for all those taking their,Finals, SATS, and Exams in general

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Well seems as though its that time of year again i thought i would send you all hugs and all the luck in the world.

My son has his SATS and its not pretty, i thought i had done my stint on exam stress but Noooooooooooo i get his too frown

but in a few months they will be all over and done with for another year so huge ass hug hug to you all and hope it goes well

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
My host sis has her last Abitur exam tomorrow - oral German. Abi is the equivellant to british a-levels methinks... I've got no idea really! In my school system in Canada, we have closing exams every 5 months after the semester... all the marks count, and marks from grade 11 (we have until grade 12) can get you into Uni... So stress from getting into Uni when it's not even your last year of high school!! Funny, but I go back to that system in no time biggrin

As for me, marks don't really matter, I don't get any here biggrin But I ask for them and am pretty satisfied with myself. But no exams yet in grade 10. Ho hum!

But I remember exams from last year - the best of luck to all! Don't kill yourself studying, and always give yourself pampering time in the name of stress release! (hot bubble baths for all!)

Good luck!!!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
yey im happy
iv just found out iv passed all six of my chemistry, maths and physics exams for uni.
YEY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
does a spaz dance lol

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
hug Congrtaulations! hug

bounce

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
today is my last exam.

I am quite pleased about this *nods*

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
thank you

does another spaz dance!!!!

happy happy

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

10,530 posts

Posted:
Yup, my last exam today as well... then im goona spend the whole of my summer waiting for the letter telling me i've failed smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
youll do fine im sure.

good luck anyway even though you probably dont need it lol

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
I havent hade any exams for the last 2 years.
This probably isnt the best place to say that.

*run awaayy!!*

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
whats your last today? Mines textiles. Im looking forward to it in an odd way :s one of those subjects that im weirdly good at.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Hehehe Class Civ... classical civilisation ubbrollsmile its an ok exam, but it has essay questions frown

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
*low wistle*

That sounds hard and complamacated.
Life wasnt this fancy smancy when i was you age {old man voice}

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hehe. I get to draw and colour in for the first hour of my exam *giggle*
its going to be fuuuuun

10,530 posts

Posted:
Class Civ? nah, it aint complicated, we study the Iliad and the Odyssey, and write about them.... its less fun than it sounds wink

spanks for Aimée for having fun in an exam wink

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
goodluck guys hug

*is happy because she has no uni exams this sem*

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i have 3 science exams next tuesday frown
good luck everyone hug

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i 2 chemistry exams on tues then im finished!

good luck everyone else

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
tis not fair!
Everyone is finishing their achedemic studies for the summer and mine have just started!

Silly Open University and their wierd timetable!
I've got to study lots over the summer for exams in september! NO FAIR!!

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
oooh whats open university like i've wanted to know but never knew anyone who did it

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i've finished..i think. i failed my shorthand 90wpm yesterday and that was my last exam *woot*

we get a pretty quick turnaround on our exams, so we can retake in the same exam period. i know i've passed 5 out of six exams, but the examiner for the sixth exam is ON HOLIDAY (yeah brilliant timing) so we don't know our results and the retake was on tuesday spank

on the subject of SATS...a couple of years ago my mum was working as a booster teacher 'helping' the special needs/slightly slower kids in the runup to SATS. she got really angry because she was being asked to 'boost' these kids up to levels that were pretty much unobtainable for them. thats an amazingly unfair thing to do to a child, especially one who already sees themself as failing because of their difficulties.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
.:bump:.

AP Calculus tomorrow, wish me luck!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Good Luck! My A levels start soon! The Joys of Maths! biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*sings* No exams for me, No exams for me, I am an art student - so no exams for me

I've had 60 hours of 'exam conditions' working. Which just means every friday morning we have to work in silence.
You know, the type of silence where the lecturer dosnt hear talking if he dosnt want to ubbangel

I've just had to write a 250 word key skills assignment.
My last 'essay' was a year and a half ago. I had to write 300 words about an artist ubblol

Three weeks until the end of college. I just have to finish this project.
The exhibition goes up after its all finished, then its graded and we get our mark for the two years - then all the students and lecturers go up the pub to celebrate us finishing. Hooray!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
yes, good luck to everyone. Study hard, it's worth it, because:

Non-Https Image Link

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
good luck everyone

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
darn them exams! i had my first GCSE today for music, luckily it wasn't anything difficult, just asking why i did what i did etc. got the rest of them starting next week. oooh i can't wait! *joke* good luck to everyone else, do your best biggrin

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying exams

am i allowed to winge here? i'm not allowed anywhere else, everyone in my house is in the same situation and house rules we're not allowed to talk about it because then we'll all just wallow in self pity, so instead we just shuffle back and forth past each other on the way to the kettle.

urgh i hate this time of year.
but at least it's raining now, it's easier to sit inside and watch the rain then sit inside and watch people playing in the sunshine.

good luck to everyone who has them, hope it all works out for everybody smile

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
ooh sorry all i reread that and it's very negative, much love and jelly babies to everyone doing exams it's not as bad as i think it is, i just need more tea... i'll put the kettle on... ubbrollsmile

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
did my massive AI exam yesterday goot java programming and robotics to do then im free......till sept..

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Havent even started mine yet, in 2 weeks i start with botany and biochemistry, on 2 consecutive days...:(

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Page: