Forums > Social Chat > Those with Etch a Sketches, and faaaaar to much time to spare

Login/Join to Participate

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
They're cheats - you can rig an etch a sketch to let you draw with a normal mouse, which wouldn't make it anywhere near as difficult.

Still, it's impressive that they drew that without making any mistakes, even with a mouse.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
how on earth do you rig an etch-a-sketch to a mouse?? they're not electronic....... umm

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i think mabey you make it electronic?

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
but the whole thing of etch-a-sketches is that they're not, they're just a bunch of little magnetic bits.....

...ok.... i suppose thinking about that, maybe you could somehow control magnetic things through the power of electricity.... but it still sounds incredibly complicated, and it wouldn't be proper etch-a-sketching...... eek

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Have a read through this smile

Apparently they can record movements and play them back, so I retract my earlier statement of it being impressive that they could draw those without making mistakes.
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1113078509)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
I know of at least one artist who DOESN'T cheat. He'd buy the etch-a-sketches, do VERY patient dial twiddling, then when it was done he'd carefully unscrew the bottom, put some kind of fixing agent on the screen, and put the bottom back in.

So they're not ALL faked.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
I don't understand why my school's uber-mormon filtering system is blocking etch-a-sketch art. Geez-o mormon mafia alert....

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD