Forums > Meet Others > Travelling New Zealand

Login/Join to Participate

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
I arrived in New Zealand under a week ago and managed to get myself a car. We are travelling around for 2 months in total.

I'm in Christchurch at the moment and heading south, not sure what our plans are yet, just know we are doing the South and North Island.

Any hints or tips on where to go? Also any good fire spin meets that I could come and join in with, I promise I am friendly and house trained. ubbrollsmile

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Dunedin has 3 fire meets a week.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hi batwalker,

I'm in deepest, darkest Southland.

Alas, I haven't found anyone to spin with in Invercargill but if you're passing this way then drop me a PM or email, maybe we can get together for a jam.

As far as other things to do in NZ - if you're in to the great outdoors I can highly recommend Rakiura (aka Stewart Island) & Fiordland (although Milford is a tad overrun by tourist buses).

Hey DeepSoulSheep, I know of the Wednesday meet, when are the others? I travel to Dunedin most weekends & would be very keen to get in on a spin session.

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
auckland on a tuesday..... devil

good places to go - there are so many! north island, if you like tramping wander around tongariro, relax in the bay of islands, drink coffee in the fat dog in rotorua, go out to the islands - great barrier if you have time and good weather, piha beach, erm.... loads of touristy stuff any info centre will fill you with ideas, in the south island, the routeburn track is lovely.... can get busy but its coming to winter now, i loved going on a road trip up the west coast, have so many favourite places.....

my best advise is to find amazingly beautiful spots that havent been discovered by the masses of tourists.... and meet amazing people biggrin and have loadsa fun!!!!

take care of yourself
enjoy
hug

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

flowinBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
the hokitika gorge is pretty and has some old rocks, if you like that sort of entity.

./"\.

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I have already travelled through Dunedin and Invergargill.

Was in Dunedin for the VW fair thing, it was really cool (have to mention at this point I am mad about VW cars and vans).

Have also done the Milford and Doubtful Sounds on a 3 day Kayaking trip (1-Milford, 2-Doubtful). Had a fanstatic time, even got to camp out in the forest on an Isalnd in Doubtful, although I got eaten alive by sand flies.

Really sorry I missed DeepSoulSouth and Wirewood, would have been cool to meet up for a spin, especailly as I haven't been for a fire spin yet frown

Pyscho_lemmiming I will hopefully see you in Auckland some Tuesday, maybe sometime though as I am heading up the west coast (of South Island) next and then heading to North Island later.

I'm in Queenstoen at the mo and having a fantastic time thanks for the messages, hopefully I'll get the chance to meet up with some people x

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hope youre having a good time in NZ hug

rotorua is worth a visit and swimming with dolphins in kaikoura is cool. greymouth on west coast is lovely smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

cthopkinsGOLD Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hang on. There are 3 a week in Dunedin? I'm in Dunedin for a semester studying at Otago University, the only one I know about is Highly Flammable, meeting on Wednesdays. What are the others? My group at home practices 4 times a week and once a week has me in withdrawl.

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Did the swim with dolphins in Kaikoura, which was very cool, although I prefered the swim with dolphins in Akoroa (think that is how it is spelt).

Greymouth was beautiful, got to do some jade carving, heading to the North Island on Tuesday, just getting some pampering done in Hanmer Springs.

So I have just under 3 weeks in the North Island and I will try and make Auckland for a Tuesday spin and hopefully sell my car!

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

DinkBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
wave to my sis who is in wellington and my b/f who is now in Auckland as you pass em smile hehe

have a great time..i hear NZ is beautiful.

im a gemini..go figure

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Hey if you go up to north island - drive along the coastal road round by gisborne and thru coromandel, something i didn't do when i was in NZ and *really* regret not doing it. it's on the north east part of north island.

However i might do it when I go back this Christmas bounce

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

15 posts

Posted:
send me a pm when your on your way here - i heard a rumour that fire night might be running down for winter but i'm going to try to keep going even in the rain!
ubbloco
take care
x

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Didn't manage to get on the internet, so I am back here in Oz, and didn't pm you,very, very.....very sorry.

Hexagonic did that road and yes it was quite beautiful. Do miss NZ lots had such a great time and got to do looks of cool things.

But alas it is time to get back to work.

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

15 posts

Posted:
hug glad you enjoyed it!

dont work too hard wink take care
x

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hug good to hear you had a good time.

I should hopefully be in New Zealand for Christmas. bounce

ah wah wah wah a wah wah