robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
for anyone in the area who may be interested, im starting a weekly fire night in knoxville, tgennessee. it will probably be on sunday nights. if your interested let me know.

roberts

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
ok, this sunday will be the first fire meeting in knoxville. this is an open invitation to anyone interested in learning and sharing poi, staff, transfer, ect... skills. this is an effort to develop a comunity in east tennessee for people interested in the fire arts. everyone is encouraged to be an instructor as well as a student. it will be a laid back meeting where people can get to know other performers in the area. there is no charge and everyone is responsable for bringing their own equipment. safety is a priority so all participants must be willing to abide by the safety guidelines dictated before play. if your an ass dont come. if your not an ass please feel free to come and enjoy yourself. things will kick off at 7 pm at the Gypsy Hands studio. if you need directions or have any questions, PM me and i will do my best to help you.

roberts

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I'd go if it was closer, or if it was a weekend long event smile 4 hours and 250 miles is a hike.
Looks like Sunday will be a nice day though, almost 60 degrees.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
um. i'm there, man. PM incoming. wink Nashville Poi in the Park will be Saturday's in Dragon Park this summer, too, if you get a chance to come up. If Knoxville is too far MT, how about ashville? I'm perfectly willing to drive there for some burning too. Time to post a link to Transformus, actually. hehe.

-- dut

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Can't wait for Transformus '05. That's where I picked up poi last year.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
mtbeer, i understand the drive thing. thanks for the encouragement. i hope all turns out well. right now im expecting about 20 people. half experianced, half not. we'll see how many actually show up though.
dut, glad your coming. HoPers are a bonus. i really want to get something real in the southeast. im tired of all the english, ozzys, scotts, and west coasters having all the fun.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
If Dut can make it from Nashville, I can make it from Charlotte! I will not be outdone biggrin PM sent.

Edit: It's not often you get the chance to meet almost 20 fire people, aspiring or otherwise.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Ok, all fueled up and ready to go.
I assume this will be an outdoor spin?

I'll be the guy with the shaved head and fire pants answering to Ben.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
yay! i finally met other hoppers! i wish i could have stayed longer... i'll be back in a few weeks, if all goes well. it was great to meet you guys!

-- dut

DruidpyreGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
I live in South TX, but I'll make the drive for a little fun. I only know a couple of people that weavesmiley, and it'd be great to expand my social fire circle. I'll PM you in a month or so as soon as I work my schedule around it. Hopefully you guys will still be kickin' it by then. I'll see how many hoppers I can bring with me. Probably only a few, but the more the merrier!!!

I checked out the Transformus website after reading this thread. It looks awesome. Mtbeer went last year? What was it like, dude? Is it worth a 1000+ mile trek from Houston?

We create a new world order, one of beauty and grace, color and sound. There is nothing more vibrant or full of life than the roar of fire tying knots of light around your body.

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
your welcome to come burn with us. im going to try and go to transformus also. ive not been, so i cant comment on what its like. mtbeer went and said he had a good time.

the first knoxville fire night went well. decent turn out although a lot of local spinners showed up, not many actually lit up. once everyone gets to know each other im sure things will progress nicely. a special thanks to dut and mtbeer for makeing the long drives. it was great meeting you guys. i have so much more to to try and learn now. for any local lurkers on the board we'll be meeting again this sunday at 7pm.

delaceyBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
it was great coming together with some other spinners.....sorry I was so tired from rehearsal though. I will try my damdest to be there next week....need new moves!!!

thanks matt!

SteelGrrrlMainewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey! Is this still going on? I'm in Cookeville and I'm wanting to get together with more experienced spinners so I can learn. I'm a total N00b.

Mmmmm. Frybread!

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
knoxvegas is still spinning in some form or fashion. check your private mail for more info.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
I feel like I should come ubblol

wink

Jonathan_ValadesSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
https://www.meetup.com/Poi-Passion-of-Knoxville/

Hello!

Knoxville Tennessee is a dead zone for Poi of all kinds! Its 2011 and thats about to change! My name is Jonathan Valades and I'm looking for people of all kinds that have the same Passion for Fire Poi/ Led Poi/ Sock Poi/ Staff Poi/ Hoop Poi. I currently picked up Fire Poi and am getting better by the day. If you have an interest in Poi and want to come out and have fun this is the place for you!

Please help me make a Family in Knoxville of people who are down to earth, and ever so excited about exploring there passion. Poi Passion!

Make it a great day!