Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
the next monster monster will be on the 29th april (I think, cos thats the last saturday of the month). bounce

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Yeah your Right Mr Steaks that Should be the date depending on flood or fire.

As far as were are aware so far there will be no theme.

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
guys, apart from steaks jacket, i still have eds hat and other peeps stuff... does anyone else want it bringing on sunday? i still have :

another black hat, and a black burton jacket with white strips down the arms and 76 on the chest, all from a coupla meets ago.....

any claims?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i think i already claimed the black beany, if oyu could bring that as well hug & kiss's will be yours (and maybe a drink)

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Great pic Mill ubbloleek ubblolhug

I've not done a Monster Monster yet so i reckon I ought to..... biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Missed you too Elaine!! Special hug for you...

And, yup... Can't make this weekend coz I am in Alton for a mate's Birthday, but I will try dead hard to come to the next one!

Nice photos Steaks and Mill btw wink

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh my everyone losts some part of clothing or another...ahh I just had to miss the orgy meets didnt I ubblol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Nobody's really discussed when we're meeting i.e. same time at Picadilly or whether it'll still be at the Gasworks and/or Castlefield!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
if i remember rightly, Toby said a few pages back that we meet in Piccadilly 3-4 then to gasworks as usual, with a possability of moving onto castlefield if people wish, as there are people attending this time that ain't sure how to get to castlefield.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Kool. I'll be down a it later than four - maybe 6ish, so steaks if you could just let me know where we are by text?

Thanks, C u there guys

Lou xx

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Will do Lou. don't forget to text jinx as well, remind her to get her arse down to it smile

i just recieved my fire poi and glow sticks in the post today. no more having to borrow other peoples bounce2

Owner of Clarence_Quack

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
ello peeps...

IV DONE IT!!!! I'VE FINAL CRACKED IT!!!

Long time ago i said i was going on a quest to make a good coloured flame thats not only Safe for all..But easy to use

After ALOT of time blood & sweat and alot of money I Cracked it

I HAVE MADE COLOUR FLAMES!!!!

Am now in the advansed testing stage of the colour flames and have picked out the best and strong'es colours and they are as follows

SKY BLUE,

EMERALD GREEN for all u irish peeps..

ORANGE

PINK for all you ladies

RED

and my Fav PURPLE!!!

Over th enexted week ill be commin up with a Fixer to trap the colour in the fule wich will not only make it Safe to use ( with out Toxic Mask ) but 100% legal in the uk to Use and Ship around the uk...

I will be selling the Oils thourgh a Friends Online Company Oni Khan uk Tld, ( ebay shop ) Shippin will be By courer

Price yet to be fixed but is looking to be around £4.99 - £10.99 but as i said prices are yet to be confermed..

All colours cant be mixed with other fules or blend'ed together ie 2 dif colours to make another colour as the chemicals use will not combine, and the fixing agent used will also provent it from blending but u can how ever add the smae colours together to make a larger amount ie mixed 2 bottels of the same colour...

( ALSO THE COLOUR FLAME CAN NOT!"!!! BE USED FOR FIRE BREATHING!!!!! )

I hope i cant find the time to join u all on sunday as i have yet to meet u all in person and would love to meet u all...

So if u red this Eliane could u give me a call or ill call u some time friday/saturday to c if i could pos get a ride with u? so long as ur back later that night as i have to be up for work monday....

Well I hope u all take interest in the coloured flames and wanna try them out tongue.. ill let u all know when am rdy to produce for sale... I wont be making any profit from sellin the oils as am not in it for the money i just want everyone to have as much fun with them as i do..

All oils are sold At cost prise that it cost my self to make them....

Thanx for redin my post and C u soon...
EDITED_BY: Project (1144357373)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
way to go Project, they sound excellent. bounce2

hope to see you sunday smile

i wont be able to make it along until 6, maybe 7 pm as i have something on during the day on sunday, but i now have fire poi so will deffinatly be attenting to have a virgin burn biggrin bounce :bouce2: :bouce:

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I like nothing better than to burn virgins at the steak...

*awaits the pelting of tomatoes*

Ooooh Marinara...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i shouldn't read things like that in work, it's unproductive to be laughing this hard when im supposed to be working ubblol

Owner of Clarence_Quack

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

I like nothing better than to burn virgins at the steak...

loves it, if anyone throws a tomato at u ill jump in front and take it in your place cos u made me laugh so hard i almost fell out of bed (yeah okay im a lazy one that doesnt have to get out of bed to use her computer).

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
never made a woman fall out of bed before...

oh well, first time for everything...

How are we darling?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
And Steaks!

How very naughty of you to be using the net on company time

*cough*

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i have to use the net for work, so i just hav an extra window open to view hop from time to time, to provide a rest break from the monotony of the job wink

and shame on you for making Liz fall out of bed, but shame on her for still being in bed whilst on her puter :P

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I;m starting to get worried as when I log onto myspace the cookies to be deleted whenever I go to a new screen requiring me to log on every time I want to post a message.

Don't be surprised when the next message is posted at the dole queue...

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

I;m starting to get worried as when I log onto myspace the cookies to be deleted whenever I go to a new screen requiring me to log on every time I want to post a message.

Don't be surprised when the next message is posted at the dole queue...

nah its the same for me, its just myspace being silly again

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Project

ello peeps...

IV DONE IT!!!! I'VE FINAL CRACKED IT!!!

Long time ago i said i was going on a quest to make a good coloured flame thats not only Safe for all..But easy to use

After ALOT of time blood & sweat and alot of money I Cracked it

I HAVE MADE COLOUR FLAMES!!!!

Am now in the advansed testing stage of the colour flames and have picked out the best and strong'es colours and they are as follows

SKY BLUE,
EMERALD GREEN for all u irish peeps..
ORANGE
PINK for all you ladies
RED
and my Fav PURPLE!!!

Over th enexted week ill be commin up with a Fixer to trap the colour in the fule wich will not only make it Safe to use ( with out Toxic Mask ) but 100% legal in the uk to Use and Ship around the uk...

I will be selling the Oils thourgh a Friends Online Company Oni Khan uk Tld, ( ebay shop ) Shippin will be By courer

Price yet to be fixed but is looking to be around £4.99 - £10.99 but as i said prices are yet to be confermed..

All colours cant be mixed with other fules or blend'ed together ie 2 dif colours to make another colour as the chemicals use will not combine, and the fixing agent used will also provent it from blending but u can how ever add the smae colours together to make a larger amount ie mixed 2 bottels of the same colour...

( ALSO THE COLOUR FLAME CAN NOT!"!!! BE USED FOR FIRE BREATHING!!!!! )

I hope i cant find the time to join u all on sunday as i have yet to meet u all in person and would love to meet u all...

So if u red this Eliane could u give me a call or ill call u some time friday/saturday to c if i could pos get a ride with u? so long as ur back later that night as i have to be up for work monday....

Well I hope u all take interest in the coloured flames and wanna try them out tongue.. ill let u all know when am rdy to produce for sale... I wont be making any profit from sellin the oils as am not in it for the money i just want everyone to have as much fun with them as i do..

All oils are sold At cost prise that it cost my self to make them....

Thanx for redin my post and C u soon...

Hey Project, you should bump up the prices a few quid, I dont think anyone would complain at having to pay for colourd safe flames. Go on make a tiny bit of money here and there even if its just pocket money.

Ive made up my mind I am coming even if I have to scounge train fair off my parents, I'll put my stupid pride away for a while.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

and shame on you for making Liz fall out of bed, but shame on her for still being in bed whilst on her puter :P

hey, im on my well earned (cough) easter break, im allowed to be lazy.....

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Easter break eh?
Does that mean sitting on the bed in front of the computer stuffinf yourself with easter eggs?

Here's a thought - pierce a small hole in the top of the easter egg of your choice and pipe some nutella into it... How does that sound?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
damn students!!!

*trys to faign disaproval instead of jelousy. fails misserably, leaves*

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Right then, i will try to be there on sunday. I have to work saturday (damn these 60hr weeks! frown ) and then go to stoke to visit some friends BUT I will hammer it back up the M6 and possibly bring some extra people with me - and the fire pit with plenty of fuel.

Gassworks as normal about 4-5ish I guess?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yep

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
tongue i hope to meet u all for the 1st time sunday....

have to talk to Eliane to c if shes going and if i can get a ride down with her... as i have yet to go to a meet as i was way to drunk last month,, and i just could not make it the mth befor that....

:S .... Well i hope to c u all there .. incase Eliane cant make it can someone tell me where i have to go from the train station? ( so long as i can get the cash to come from crewe station...)

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I don't think I'll be coming this time, I workin' tomorrow..
Not that any of you will even notice :P

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I'll notice that you aint there Triskaidekia hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Page: ......