Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm suggesting we meet at the Gasworks at 3 now as everyone should know where it is then we walk over to Castlefield when everyone has gathered...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
that sounds like a good idea dave smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
ive heard of teh gas works but i have no clue where it is...friday u say? help can we please confirm the date n time..im getting lost and i really wanna come biggrin

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
the time is 3pm. the date is sunday the 14th may (a week tomorrow)
the gasworks are on withworth street west about 2 mins walk from oxford road station. pm if you want directions

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sixth, if you know where the Hacienda Apartments are it's directly across the road and under the railway bridges.

To get to it, follow the road from Oxford Road Station and follow the railway bridge, past the Ritz. You'll pass a few shops (including a kebab shop) you'll get to a small car park on your left. Go into the car park and turn right when you've gone under the railway bridge. Follow the footpath. We should be there...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

absinthe_fireSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
aww dammit i can't go i have an exam the next day.
maybe next time ubbidea i finish exams soon so hopefully there'll be another meet up?

"Did you see that? It just flew right up my nose!"

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
im having withdrawl symtoms ...yes im rocking forwards and backwards ubbrollsmile...must have staff.....must get staff...staff..staff..staff......me thinks i gotta stop checking the mail every day biggrin...bah if i dont get it via mail....I'll make my own! ubbidea

oh and btw jus wanted to ask mind if I do some photo shoots. Im a noob photographer but id gladly give you the photos afterwards via e-mail biggrin

heres an example of my fire photography: Urban Genesis

enjoy wink
EDITED_BY: Sixth (1147038457)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Dont worrie absinthe_fire, there are manchester meets like once a month there are even mini meets along canal street or plattfields park these happen alot more frequently and are smaller than the big ass manc meets.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I may have already said this, bit I'm not doing the 14th as I will be pissed and eating massive american style steak at the after show barbeque.

Oh, and if anyone wants to come see Barnum (i'm playing the lead!), tix are a tenner, Ellesmere Port Civic Hall, I will be juggling badly, doing some bad contact, and also some bad singing. Starts at 7.30, doors at 7. If you would like to come pm me with fleamail address and I will send you some directions.

The show itself looks really good! And if I can manage not to feck up my lines, all will be well!

ubbrollsmile

No need to apologise if you cant, I know its a long way for practically all of you, but if you find yourself in the neighbourhood...

Oh, and for you musical freeks, "Barnum" was Elaine Paige's Musical of the week on Radio 2 today! Hows that for co-incidental pluggage!

biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
hmmm steak.....go fer medium rare as well done always tastes like an incinerated piece of cardboard...not that ive tasted incinerated cardboard redface

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Sixth - I'll be taking my camera / tripod and some other kit down to the next meet. Got a new camera the other day so I need to play with it.

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
digital slr? lol you can never take "too" many photographs... nana beerchug

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Every SINGLE time you pick a weekend i cant make it!! ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! frown frown frown frown

SOON (on 19th) I start a new job where I wont be working sundays at all so WOOOHOOO but can't make the 15th cos I'm in Oxford doing a firewalk to raise cash for Samaritans Festival branch ( https://www.samaritans.org.uk/~festival/
). Ho hum....i MISS you guys!!!! grrrr have fun folks

Andy Pandy

P.S. I'm paying the coupla hundred quid sponsorship myself cos I HATE badgering mates for cash, but if any of you think the cause particularly good and worthy and would like to cough up a few quid you can either drop me pm or go here....

https://www.justgiving.com/firesams

It's smashing to be back x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
WOW! eek
Its Andythepoi! biggrin
hug2

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

It's smashing to be back x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I missed you, and your old avatar. frown

welcome (back)

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hiya.. well.. I finish work about 6, and it's a 2 hour drive.. and I think I'm working monday too, so looks like no way for me.. *sulk*

Does anyone happen to know of any groups that may be nearer to Lancaster/Kendal/Preston?

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave (Neon) may do as he lives Preston/Layland area and there are a few others up that way as well, maybe you should all start your own mini meet think up there, same as we have done in south manc wink

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Could be possible. There are a few spinners in Preston. Last summer we kinda just hung out in Avenham Park chilling with a little bit of spinning on the side. This was before I joined HOP. I'll see if people who are still around are up for that. If so we'll let you know!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
im a total newb to meets but I hope il entertain you all with my monkey flips, staffing and general inherited stupidness biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to it matey!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
btw i would film...but im a lazy monkey and holding down the continous snap button is so much more fun and less complex than sitting on my ass all day splicing together segments of film and moo sic
unless anyone objects...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sixth

digital slr? lol you can never take "too" many photographs... nana beerchug

I have a nice shiny new Nikon D50. I've got a few filters we can have a play with too.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I just broke my Canon Ixus 400. Wondering whether or not to invest £240 in a Canon Ixus 750... (Like a need an excuse to upgrade!)

Okay. the date has been set for Falmouth 6 Sept 14th-17th. Steaks has suggested that we start organising another Love Bus or two for this...

Any takers?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm I have been asked to spin at a BBQ one of our doctors is holding.

The problem is as most of you know 1 I think I'm crap and 2 I don’t do fire any more

So I need to brush up on my fire skills on sun

Dose any one have any double or triple wicks I can borrow (Jen looking at you wink ) cos I don’t want them to go “oh is that it at my monkey fists”

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Oh ps what in gods name do I wear I cant just turn up in jeans and T-shirt

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Lose the t-shirt and you're done... tongue

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
I just did a burn with (Tone & Liz):D their both awesome biggrin....with a sleevless top....i had war paint pasted all over my arms (soot) at the end of the session...no way am i gonna go topless...there were several times whan the staff was literally incinerating my backeek while i was blissfully taken in by the flamesspank

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Minty, have they seen you do fire before? You'd be amazed at how easy it is to impress civies. Most of em are impressed you're holding something burning & moving it around. Honestly monkey fists will be fine, so will jeans & t-shirt, especially if they're black. Whatever you wear, stick to cotton cause it's less likley to burn. Music always helps too.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes get a nice playlist sorted, and I agree jeans and a T are fine, itle be a casual thing anyway its a BBQ

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
ahem for those in the area
[Old link]

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

Page: ......