Forums > Social Chat > children today , rant and ramble

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
my youngest son who is years old is currently playing with his brother, they are playing a game that turns people into dinosaurs... my youngest has just said the following to his brother " here drink this DNA it wil change you into a dino" i didn't even know my son knew what DNA was.
also today i found the guts to do something i have never done.... it may not seem like a big deal to some people but it was a break through for me. i traveled alone out of town and went around a city without any one with me. i am trying to get my self ready for falmouth in march where there will be lots of people i do not know and i will be traveling yeah ok with a friend but no-one i have known for a long amount of time and it scars the hell out of me esp as its going to involve being away from home for more than a day.
and i have to have a mini rant, as you may know i am sick off work at the moment with depression and guess what as i was looking through the free newpaper i see my job advertised !!!! they have not even spoken to me yet about it either, and if it was in the paper then it means that they have already tried to advertise it internaly and no-one was interested in the jobs....rofl i wander why. so i am rather annoyed at the moment.
on the plus side i did buy me some new vests today and a new hat and some flag poi...... also got my oldest his first poi... not counting sock poi, as its his birthday tomorrow, he also has the new toney hawks underground 2 and a mobile phone, and he is going to the pictures tomorrow to see a series of unfortunate events.... he has read all the books that are out and has been into them for many years, and chose these books over harry potter after saying he didn't understand what all the hype was about. bless him, 11 tomorrow going on 18 lol

weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Gri-griMember
84 posts

Posted:
Dude... I know exactly what you mean. I had a favourite tree that my old lady tried to have cut down and I stod in front of it!!!

About two years later I went away on a school trip, and when I got back, my tree was gone. I was shattered!!! ubbcrying

Trees rock!!!!

Where the mind goes,
The body will follow...

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
sending you great big hugs, i don't think your sad and thats a horrible thing to happen. i have a tendancy to cry at what seems to others as silly reasons.
they way i would suggest you looking at it is that Mother nature put it there and so took it when it was time, unlike most of the others that get ripped up from their roots cause some fat cat wants more land to develop. grrrrrrrrrr

hug hug hug hug

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
my mum is cursing me cause i planted an acorn when i was little, olyat was when i was about 5...lol its rather big now and still in her garden. At the moment in my garden we have 5 horse chestnut tree's growning which the kids and i grew from conkers, and 3 apple tree's. i'm working on finding and oak sapling in the spring before the council come round and strim the hedges right back.

and talking of trees i found a large dead one on our local woods and with the help of a friend carried it home before the kids burnt it. Its now in my bedroom with lots of fairy lights on.

me and my tree https://photobucket.com/albums/v143/AutumnAthena/Family/?action=view¤t=meandTree.jpg

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
One of the nicest things about many eucalypts is their lovely smooth bark. This means you can get up really close and listen to them talk.
As a teenager i spent many hours laying on branches above the horse yard listening to the tree sounds.

Im with gothfrogette and Vanize on the tree friends.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Most the kids of the ages 5-16 in the village I live in have at sometime hugged a tree. Long & not very interesting story as to why, but I think its my fault! ubblol

We used to have a very strange shaped Plum tree in our Garden when I was a child and I loved that tree. I have photos of it...... so if you are pathetic Vanize so am I!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
We grew up on a new estate so there weren't too many mature trees around, but Grandparents lived on the edge of Sherwood Forest so holidays were spent playing in there - including the Major Oak. It was so wonderful being inside that beautiful old lady but we didn't play too hard, just stroked her a lot and spent quiet time there before running off to play on the Aeroplane or Rocket trees. You can't get near a tree there now frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Page: