telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I just ordered a fire flogger from Bearclaw, and I'm seeking advice. I know how to wield a flogger, and I know how to wield poi, so I'm not completely new to hitting people with stuff or lighting stuff on fire, but this is my first fire flogger.

Any tips/tricks/thoughts?

Most important: What sort of fuel should I use? I've heard some varying opinions. 70% isopropyl alcohol, 90% isopropyl alcohol, and white gas seem to be the top contenders. Lamp oil would be too oily. 70% ispropyl alcohol is what's usually used in kinky fireplay, but I'm not sure it would stay lit or be pretty enough with a flogger that's in use. But I worry that white gas would be ::cough:: too hot. (Then again, one of the people this is going to be used on did request something intense.)

What do you think, fuel-wise?

(I'll probably test it out with each, starting at the coolest and ending with the white gas, and swat my arm with each to see how it feels before using it on someone else, of course. But I want advice first anyway.)

Also important: Would it be best to run my hand over my sub's back between strokes to stop the residual fuel from burning, or is it going to be okay to actually build up a rhythm and keep going without pausing like that? (I'll probably discover this when testing it on my arm, too, but I want your thoughts nonetheless. My arm thanks you.)

If you're good to me and give me advice, I'll see if I can post photos of it in use later.

C'mon, I know some of you out there are more experienced perverts than I am. pounce? Vanize? Riz? Someone help, please!

Thank you!!

[Disclaimer: Yes, I did a search first. I didn't find what I was looking for. I also look both ways before I cross the street and buckle my safety belt and have a spotter with a fire retardant blanket and keep surgical scissors nearby when I play with rope and a first aid kit nearby when I play with fire, &c. &c. &c. ad nauseum.]

E pluribus unum, baby.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Incoming PM, regyt....

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im sorry my advice wasn't much help .
Just remember that floggers are very visual fire aids.

And no im perverted in any way or form sorry wink

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

940 posts

Posted:
S'ok, sweetie. hug I appreciate it!

E pluribus unum, baby.

Frederick the RecklessBRONZE Member
Troupe Leader and founder, Fire and Steel
241 posts

Posted:
i made my own, using1/4" kevlar twine. i took five pieces 24 inches long, folded them in two, and sewed the loop with kevlar string. i tied the frayed ends in knots, so they won't unravel. i then took an eight inch piece of EMT conduit and flared the end outward, then tapped the flare down to the outside, creating a nice smooth roll, so the burr that is usually there can't harm the wick. i drilled a hole just below the flare, and ran a screw through the pipe and the loop created when i sewed the wick together. total cost: about 7 dollars. time and labor: less than an hour. the only thing that made it take any time whatsoever was the leather backbraided handle wrap i put on it two weeks later. i have since used it in fleshing (transfers) both on myself and on volunteers (victims?) to great effect.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

241 posts

Posted:
on the matter of fuels, i use white gas for floggings, i just meter my swings, and make sure that most of the excess is wrung out.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

940 posts

Posted:
Do you give firm thwacks with it, or more just brush the back with it to try to transfer fuel and give a sense of heat?

E pluribus unum, baby.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Ouch!

I'm glad not to be the one who gets flogged. smile

Raph

940 posts

Posted:
You can be if you want to be.. biggrin

E pluribus unum, baby.

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
there was a thread in this forum about fire painting....

a fun relationship could be made between fire painting and fire flogging...

hmmmm......

my state of mind creates my world

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Written by: regyt

You can be if you want to be.. biggrin

LOL!

No, I prefer to go with Nature than against it! wink

Raph

241 posts

Posted:
the amount of impact is usually best determined by calibrating blows with a regular flogger. my ex-fiance and i have worked out a fetish act that involves her topless, getting fleshed (transfers) across the back, then fire-flogged, then fleshed across her chest and belly, then fireflogged frontally. i use white gas on her, as with all my volunteers (victims?). but a helpful tip is to calibrate first, then teach transferring, so they know what to expect. a light dousing with a water-soaked towel helps, too. with her, i have to re-douse her skin between parts (transfer,douse,flog,douse,transfer,douse,flog,douse.)

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

241 posts

Posted:
if you get a streamloader account, i can send you the link for the videos os our first fire flogger rehearsal... no way will i even TRY to post them here, as they are not g-rated in the least... the account is free, but you can only download 10 mb at a time. if you get one of the paid accounts, you can download any size file. https://www.streamload.com
if you do this, post your streamloader id here, and i'll send the videos. this is, of course, unless you have already worked out the act for yourself.

moderators, if i have violated any rules in this post, please understand it was never my intention to do so.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
try denatured alcohol in addition to isopropyl...or even ethyl alcohol-the kind in liqours....it generally has a low burning temp..but also has a small flame...so yeas...tinker with your fuels and even mix them...find what works for you

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
Fire flogging much like any other fire art is all about personal style. I make my own floggers, so I use them either one at a time or in pairs. It all depends on what kind of performance I want to put on. My floggers have hand straps at the base of the handle. This allows me to use them in pairs similarly to poi for florentine flogging. Isopropyl alcohol is what I use. It burns, it has a low burn temp and doesn't have a chemical reaction to the skin like white gas does.

As per putting on a good show for others, it depends on both you and you're partner. You're partner has to have quite a bit of grace to really catch the crowd.

For a private thing, you just learn as you go find a style that fits you. Always remember it's all about the love.

kaoswolf4BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
well the steamloader is no longer free, i have emailed you fredrick to see about info.

basderidderSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Anyone still alive in this thread?
I am starting fireplay.

I have made my own floggers
Ordered 8 inch nunchcuks and cut out the chain minus 1 link either side

With a splitring connected an 8 inch chain to each (doglead)

With another split ring connected 3 16 inch 10mm round fuses (folded double to each.