Forums > Social Chat > procrastination and planning

Login/Join to Participate

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
do you think that drawing up plans or to do lists is the ultimate form of procrastination?
cause its not like your actually doing the thing, your just thinking about doing it (the ultimate form of prcrastination, perhaps?)
or is it more that making the plan is the first step in actually getting the thing done. like - you have a plan and you know what you have to do, so you can now go away and do it.

what do ye think? ye'r opinions?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wow.. flid that's the thread i've always needed!! biggrin

and zarkia... i find unless i write down what i have to do i forget that i have to do it and find something else to keep me busy. i'm very easily distracted. in fact a lot of the time i don't even do the stuff i write down straght away but it usually gets done eventually. am i supposed to be writing an essay at the moment? oh yes... rolleyes

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hey zarki

josh had a thread all about this somewhere, im trying to find it for you.

i know what you mean though.

Lists are a good idea, especially in work, i do it all the time to try to keep myself organised.

I find the trick to be putting down on the list WHEN your going to do it and then trying to stick to that.

I'm the worst procrastinator in the world.... I cant even see my bedroom floor anymore...

Love is the law.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ahh procrastination my old friend!! biggrin i was an arts student...i know all about procrastination!! i quite enjoyed it! ubblol

and i find lists are useful...mainly cos i have a crap memory!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

I find the trick to be putting down on the list WHEN your going to do it and then trying to stick to that.

heh heh - yea, but then that really ties you into the things you have to do.
i make lists of stuff to do, then ignore them till the absolute last minute. so i guess that really defeats the purpose.

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

I'm the worst procrastinator in the world.... I cant even see my bedroom floor anymore...

LIAR!! ubblol

"I see," said the blind man.