Forums > Social Chat > List of online radio stations.

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, I'm totally behind the times I admit. I love it when a technology totally passes you by and when you finally catch up to it you're like "OH, this is cool!" and everyone looks at you like "Dude, you're like 15 months behind."

So one of my students makes me click on:
www.digitallyimported.com

And I'm like "OH, this is COOL!"
[Several different channels of electronica to chose from.]

So go ahead... tell me all of the amazing online radio stations that I've been missing out on.

Grading papers to progressive trance is so much easier. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... and I did do a search and found a few distinct posts of a few stations... but I thought we could list them all on one thread. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
rant radio is awesome.

https://www.rantradio.com/

has a spin off "rant tv" which can be watched with winamp (if you have a reasonably recent version of winamp)

https://www.ranttv.com/

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Aww... I was thinking about putting Digitally Imported.com on this... frown

Damn you NYC hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I used to listen to a great radio station when I was in Auckland, NZ... www.95bfm.co.nz

it plays lots of local NZ music... and cos NZ music is amazing at the minute, that's a good thing biggrin

Also, check out Giles Peterson's Worldwide show on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 on a Sunday night (actually, that'll probably be around Sunday afternoon time for you) - lots of great tunes from around the world (funnily enough)

Nice thread biggrin

x

Getting to the other side smile

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
www.icebergradio.com

I don't know how good it is, it does the trick for me when I just need background noise, and am sick of hearing stuff that I know words to, and therefore sing along, thus, distracting me. Free membership, and gives loads of different kinds of kinds of music. Adds everyonce in a while, normally for PizzaPizza!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I had a browse through that iceberg radio site and got all excited about listening, went to sign up only to see this
Written by:

Our service is currently available to US or Canadian residents only. To register, you require a valid Canadian Postal Code or Zip Code.

Since I have no idea what canadian postal codes or us zip codes look like, I can't even lie to be able to listen frown

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
okay, Canadain postal codes are: letter number letter number letter number

For sh!ts and giggles, put in my old one L8W 3E9 (or make up your own variation, if you want)

~ Bobo
EDITED_BY: OrangeBobo (1100359516)

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Woohoo it works! Cheers biggrin

As far as other online radio goes, I'd recommend the bbc. There's a vast selection of music and assorted stuff you can listen to there.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Hope you like it mate smile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm a fan of Resonance FM. Although it's a bit odd for some. If you tune in and all you hear is static or beeps there isn't a technical problem - that's the music.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
its sydney tripple j (cheers dentrassi) and bbc uk radio1 all the way for me

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/

https://www.bba.co.uk/radio1

oh and kerrange uk radio

https://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
radio magnetic . only cause i played a live set on it with ODS on saturday night...

tis lush.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
if you want to just listen to some of the best radio in the world , then 5fm is the place to find it . they were one of the 'voted best radio stations in the world' for 2003 ... take a listen ... 5fm

then im sure everyone knows , but if not ... kiss100 is an english station that has all the diferent house tunes ... kiss100

also try just listening to yahoolaunch you can pick your own play list, watch the video and bes of all you dont have to pay a single cent ! yahoo.com - launch ...

happy listening biggrin

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !