Forums > Social Chat > Sexy Spinners Competition?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
It's probably already been brought up but I couldn't find anything on it thru the search so I thought I'd mention it...

Often on the board there's some sort of popular thread relating to how sexy spinning fire is, how you can pick up dates with it, etc etc.... has there ever been any sort of competition (video, photograph or otherwise) between firedancers to see who's the prettiest? Kind of like a beauty pageant, but with our particular variety of fun thrown in All free, and all just for kicks/bragging rights.

Could be fun if it's never been done before, perhaps some time-lapse photo fire art? Or even video, though that would have to have some very specific rules attached to it for decency's sake. Guys or Gals could each compete in their own division... could be a good addition to someone's modeling portfolio too!

OK, so I'm an idea man, but really - Anyone got thoughts on this?

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo, I lose!! Wait a minute, loosings a bad thing.

Yep I'm a goofy lookin mo fo, so dont count on my entrance!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Can I be a judge?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
prettiest? uhrgh what a horrid thought, there is no such thing as the prettiest.. we are all pretty at HOP. wouldnt be able to judge this competition fairly because we all would be the winners

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I don't beleive in Poi "contests" to determine who is the best/prettiest/sexiest/best in bed/whatever.

If you want to have a competition for who can submit the best video or something, that's one thing, but it goes against my expectations and my reasons for doing poi to label anyone the "-est" of anything.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
hmmm, let me think for a minute...

ANYTHING WITH MY WIFE IN IT....

(Doesn't matter that she doesn't spin, although she learned to juggle in about 10 mins!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
OMG
somebody (i'm not good at all) go on that new "30 seconds to fame" show and spin!!! that would be kick ass, i would vote for you!!!

edit- ok, i'm retarded, i saw this show was mentioned in another post!

[ 18 July 2002, 16:12: Message edited by: chairmenmeow47 ]

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oddly, as everyoen mumbles about spinners picking up girls, i'm weird. i tend to pick up teh spinners friends, or those who are to teh best of my knowledge at the time the spinners friends. I'm still trying to work that one out. Must be a nice break for teh friends though.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
there's definately some very physically attractive people that are into fire dancing. Was just flicking through the pics and couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Michelle in shutterpoi's folder is! very nice.

But hey - its gotta be the whole package that's appealing right? And, in my opinion, we've already had that competition and Sage rightfully won it! She's sexy, talented and has a vibrant energy and sassy attitude that audiences just love.... (not that i've seen her documentary, but that's what I could discern from her COL extract).

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
ooh you bunch of spoil sports!

Don't worry Brody, I like your idea.

*VOTE DOM!*

The leggiest blonde I know
xxx

Az abouve, So below...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
and the award for grumpiest cummudgeon in the fire spinning community goes to Mikeginny.

Keep up the good work Mike.

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I don't know any girls in person that spin besides Veronica and she's to old for me lol (cool nonetheless)

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
flash wud win.

and i'd not enter coz im ugly

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, Ok, Ok, can we have a wet T-shirt fire spinning contest? I mean, it would be safe and all, right? Wet T-shirts don't burn.

(Oink, Oink)

-Mike

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So would the wettest t-shirt win? I never really understood the rules of that one. There must be rules otherwise it's wet t-shirt anarchy.

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
how about, they can only get as wet as they can while theyre actually twirling?

if they start off wet, or get wet after they twirl, they are disqualified?

that would be interesting...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
you mean like spray them with fuel? Or with water? The fuel idea would asure an entry from Knagi.

Not suggesting for a second that he's a nutter or anything. But I'm fairly sure that the idea of being sprayed with fuel whilst he's spinning hot and burning things in the name of competition/entertainment is one that would appeal to him....

Meh

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... i like this idea. Could it be like a fifties beauty pagent where they ask you what the one thing you could wish for and EVERYONE says world peace or a puppy for every poor child. I would answer "a pair of flaming poi for every girl and boy" and smile nicely to the judges who would stilll vote for the one with the biggest yonkers, well that rules me out i lose.

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol @ teh wet t-shirt idea, i think i like it

And Kinudin, i'm sure you'll meet more girls that spin. I'm not saying, however, that they are gonna be ur age!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I found a girl that spins. Not sure if I've mentioned her before.....(tehe). She's not my age either. Don't need to meet any more though. This one is perfect for me.

Meh

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Wet t-shirt comps only really work if you've got ginormous boobies, or jellyfilled ones...

Az abouve, So below...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i think guys can look good in wet t-shirts too.

i've also found that guys never seem to care that i have virtually no boobs... but ur right dfq, i wouldn't exaclt be winning this competition now woudl i??

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Count me in though.....judge, victim, whatever....

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Here's my submission for the competition...

Non-Https Image Link

Do I win anything??

PS. i swear to god this me.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrian:

i've also found that guys never seem to care that i have virtually no boobs... but ur right dfq, i wouldn't exaclt be winning this competition now woudl i??

Kyrian, boob size is much overrated. I don't care if they're big. In fact, I'd rather smaller than average than larger than average. "More than a mouthful is gluttony."

No, what makes a woman hot is her overall appearance plus the way that she carries herself. It's not just breast size. It's the way her hips curve into her butt and into her waist. It's the curve of her neck into her chin. It's how she wears her hair. It's her smile. Breasts are part of the picture, but it's more about how they fit in than how big they are.

Much as how women talk about penis size not being the sole determining factor of a man's...uh...horizontal performance, breast size is not the sole determining factor of a woman's attractiveness.

-Mike

729 posts

Posted:
That's the spirit Paddy! Perhaps you should start a "Humorous Poi Pictures" thread!

Wet T-shirt ideas aside, I think we should seriously consider a "Fire Beauties" contest... get a panel of judges together (both guys and ladies) and have everyone send in their submissions. We ought to decide on some requirements (i.e. must be using a fire toy in the pic, nothing distasteful, etc) and could judge on stuff like photo quality, creativity and originality, attractiveness and enthusiasm, etc.

Oh yeah, and NO TOUCHING UP THE PHOTOS... I don't quite think Leo is a fire spinner

Does anyone have an interest in showing off what they look like on camera? Personally I think Bender could strike an awesome pose with his fire-hook-sword-whatchamacallits blazing I could use some feedback like who to get in touch with on HoP to arrange a contest, who's interested in judging, any ideas ppl might have for entries, etc.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh it's a serious thread. You should've said...

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can Pozee be excluded from the competition at all? Some people have an unfair advantage in attractiveness contests. Makes it easier if some of the better looking lads are out before we start.

I'm not going in a category with Sickpuppy, Durbs, Arsn, Shibaki, Pozee, Bendy, Myst or Whiffle Squeek - them boys are all too damn cute. I don't stand a chance against any of them.

Meh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Myst isn't my type...for that matter neither is Pozee, tho he has a certain air about him.

But where can i find pics of teh fabled Shibaki?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
And Kinudin, i'm sure you'll meet more girls that spin. I'm not saying, however, that they are gonna be ur age!
Yeah, maybe ME, in a few weeks!!

21.5 days till my plane leaves!!
not that i'm counting

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

729 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I was serious, I think it'd be fun to post some really beautiful pics of spinners. Attractive and artistic art could really add a touch of flavor to the site. If you'd rather not compete, there's still a spot open on the judging panel... if we could get possibly like 3 guy judges and 3 girl judges? Sound like enough? Of course, then there's the matter of generating interest in sending in pics....

Page: